• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My First Overseas trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My First Overseas trade...

breadnbutterflies

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
this is the first time im gonna make a trade with someone from overseas,france actually does anyone have advice? such as how many stamps i should use and how long does an overseas trade take,im a lil nervous dont want to screw it up.:confused:

Congratulations. I love trading across the pond. Don't forget to fill out the custom form. I've had some trades that seem to go quick and others that take about 2 weeks or so to get here.

Yeah, you can't just use stamps. You need to take it to the post office and fill out a customs form and then have them processn it and tell you how much postage will be. Mail time is usually 7-10 days, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I agree, mark it as gift just incase as may get custom charges but that depends on the price you put on the custom form for the pin your sending.

For me its normally about 5 days to recieve a pin from the states...only a few times has it took longer but they all turn up.

I'm curious now because I ordered a pin off ebay from overseas that was mailed out January 31st. I'm not worried yet, but i'm wondering when a good time to start panicking is!

yeah today is lincolns bday schools banks and gov.dept are closed ,i know because all libraries are closed today that usually coincides w/post office.

I'm confused, schools aren't closed - at least not here. Also today isn't listed as a post office official holiday on their website

The Post Office is open here and all schools are open,its next Monday Feb 21st is Presidents Day
I just looked on my calendar here

yeah today is lincolns bday schools banks and gov.dept are closed ,i know because all libraries are closed today that usually coincides w/post office.

Lincoln's birthday was actually on Saturday, February 12th. Maybe your schools are closed for an inservice day or something, but I'd be surprised if the post offices were closed.

Post office should be open today. Following are the USPS holidays:

2011 USPS Holiday List

January 1 - New Years Day

January 17 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday

February 21 - Presidents Day

May 30 - Memorial Day Holiday

July 4 - Independence Day 4th Of July

September 5 - Labor Day Holiday

October 10 - Columbus Day

November 11 - Veteran's Day

November 24 - Thanksgiving Day

December 26 - Christmas Day

January 2 2012 - New Years Day

Post office should be open today. Following are the USPS holidays:

2011 USPS Holiday List

January 1 - New Years Day

January 17 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday

February 21 - Presidents Day

May 30 - Memorial Day Holiday

July 4 - Independence Day 4th Of July

September 5 - Labor Day Holiday

October 10 - Columbus Day

November 11 - Veteran's Day

November 24 - Thanksgiving Day

December 26 - Christmas Day

January 2 2012 - New Years Day

thanks for posting that its helpful,and it stops the confusion.

I'm curious now because I ordered a pin off ebay from overseas that was mailed out January 31st. I'm not worried yet, but i'm wondering when a good time to start panicking is!

I trade overseas a lot now because they have so many Stitch pins overseas that I love. It sometimes takes a while to get stuff though. Usually, it only takes a week from Europe. I get pins from a friend in Hong Kong every once in a while, and that usually takes about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back