• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

NEW PICS: Looking for thoughts on this Dinah pin

NEW PICS: Looking for thoughts on this Dinah pin

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
EDIT (Saturday morning): Scroll down to post #6 for new and better pics!

Have had this pin for years now (Since 2017) and found out the design was scrapped. I pulled ours out and took pictures. Before we got into pin "trading", we never really kept the backing cards, even though I was sure we had this one somewhere. Ah, well . . . learn something all the time -grin- I'm comparing her to my Frozen DLP pins, and the front surface is nice and smooth and the side rim is thick and shiny. The limited edition number is screen printed. The only issue I am seeing is she has a slightly loose pin post. She feels great compared to my other DLP pins and I don't see any dips in the enamel, either (which I do see on the WDI fake we have). Here are the links to pics:

20230210140823-ae4f8146-me.jpg
20230210140819-29d50645-me.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, sometimes I wish I had kept a photo archive of pins I've owned and parted with, because it would be easier to help in these instances. The best I could do was find a pic I posted on IG when I got the first Eleonore Bridge set. I got them at the time of release, pre-scrapper, from a reliable Paris contact I had at the time, so I'm confident mine were authentic. It's of course hard to judge from a screenshot of an IG post, but the eyes on your pin look off in comparison. Take that for what it's worth. A lot of points on your pin look similar to the one I had, and the color issue is because of the photo quality and lighting. So I'm not saying for sure that yours is scrapped but something is niggling at me that it's not quite right. These are just thoughts and observations.
d09f96cca6ebcac51120746ce76869f8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comparing yours to the one on pinpics and the one posted above, I think yours is probably a fake/scrapper. The colors look too bright (of course it could just be a difference in lighting) - the red is more fire red than brick red, the tan chest fluff is more yellow, etc. I agree that the eyes look off - the black part of the pupil compared to the white is too large. Also, if you look at the bottom of her back feet, the sole is a slightly different color than the top of the foot, whereas yours appears to be the same color on both.

Oh, the lighting is terrible, so I'm trying again . . . there is a difference between the cream and tans and her eyes do have more silver rim (sort of hard to describe) . . . but getting the colour to show is hard with flash and without it it is practically dark here. However, here are some terrible pictures that do show the colour difference (first without flash standing in front of a window and then in the bathroom with the mirror lights!)

20230210170300-bd4289aa-me.jpg

20230210170310-fd29cb63-me.jpg

OK! Got a bit of brightness outside and Sis got the better camera . . . so here she is with better lighting:

Here it is with flash (colour is better) -
20230211100635-1f68ba87-me.jpg

Here it is without flash -
20230211100637-d957d060-me.jpg

This one kind of shows the silver lines -
20230211095748-d1c5e04e-me.jpg

Tagging the two who were looking yesterday, but anyone can take a look! Appreciate it! @timeerkat @Addicted to Alice Pins

The eyes still bother me, although I can't articulate exactly why. I feel like we need an Alice pin expert/serious scrapper educator. @Jabberwocky do you have any input to share???
Sorry, it would take forever to find mine - I'm so behind on my organizing! I don't actually pay attention to what's been faked once I get one for my collection. It's only when I don't have it that I stay on top of it.

I don't have time to post a picture of mine right now, but I'm looking at it to compare and judging from the photos I would say that yours is unfortunately a fake. The metal lines on the authentic one are thinner. Does yours have the black screenprinted line on the eyelid? High quality pictures of the back would also be helpful.

Feel free to tag me for any other Alice authentication questions, I have a fairly extensive collection and might be able to help! :)

Back