• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Shadowbox: Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Shadowbox: Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

Vixy

The Girl That's Never Been
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I'm adding this one to the thread that has my ENTIRE collection, but I'm so happy with it that I wanted to give it its own thread!

My secretary/administrative professional pin collection outgrew its lanyard, and I knew I wanted a display that would leave room for the ones I don't have yet. I often work in collage, so I decided to make a shadowbox with a collage background of relevant images.

I found SO MANY IMAGES out there of vintage secretaries and objects! It was really hard not to make this so busy that it would be distracting. I wanted to use EVERYTHING! It was really hard to narrow it down even this much!

Here's the finished shadowbox!

Here it is before I glued it all down (took this mostly so I'd remember where I put everything when I started gluing!

Here it is all glued but before pins:

Here it is with pins but no frame yet (you can see the pins a bit better without the reflections in the glass)

And here it is in situ in my office!

Here are some close-ups!

Jessica and her switchboard ancestors!

Minnie is near an antique mimeograph machine.

Roz shares her fashion sense with a vintage Parisian typewriter ad. Great style is timeless.

Minnie and Mickey will always be thinking of each other while they're at work.

Stitch has perhaps mastered typing?

This was my first shadowbox that I made myself, and I'm super proud of it. It's to the left of my desk where I can always see it, and it's above the printer so whenever I have to get up to take stuff off there, I'll be directly facing it. It's already brightening my work day immensely!

It is terrific. I was always disappointed in that Jessica pin. I wish they would have put her in period garb for it. Oh well.

I really like what you did with your collection, the collage background and pin placement look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.