• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New to trading! Thought I'd post my collection here

New to trading! Thought I'd post my collection here

Captain Fartbeard

World Showcase Snacking Champion
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my current collection! I bought my first pin in January (the Conservation fund one) but recently got into it seriously. Thought I'd show off what I have so far! I've been looking for a lot of TLK/cute cats and animals in general. Not very many rare/unique pins but looking to grow my collection in the future. (Sorry about it being sideways lol, I can post better images upon request)
IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Welcome to the pinsanity. I have several of the ZPD pins if you are interested.
Great! It's a series I'm trying to complete. Which pins do you have, and which ones would you want in return? (The Simba conservation fund pin is the only one I'm dead set on not trading since it was the first pin I bought)

Last edited:
@firechief18 @dancecats Here's the one that broke! One of the nubs that attaches the top to the bottom broke off. Before I got my case I had a lanyard that I wore it on, I think it was too heavy and it slipped off and hit the ground. I'm not sure if that's reparable or not.

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg
With that pin you may be able to file off the nub, use a jewelers drill and set screw to repair the pin.

Cute collection! It looks like you love The Lion King and Zootopia! Have you put together a wants/trades list on PinPics or anywhere else? Are there any pins or characters you’re looking for in particular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cute collection! It looks like you love The Lion King and Zootopia! Have you put together a wants/trades list on PinPics or anywhere else? Are there any pins or characters you’re looking for in particular?

Thanks! I haven't made a wants/trades list yet, other than some slapped together pins on P&P. I love cute cats/animals and funny pins (though I haven't found many funny ones other than for sale ones) I want to get into rarer/vintage pins, but that hasn't been feasible since I don't own any rare pins (though I bought some recently (from Disney) to help counter that, 76515 - The Alley Cats - It’s Showtime Poster Series and 72468 - Topsy Turvy Day - Celebrate Fun Today ) I'm super eager to add those to my collection!

As for what I want, it's hard to say since I don't have many pins worth the cost of shipping them out. I noticed I'm collecting a lot of Figaro, Simba, and Aristocats pins. I'd love more of these, as well as Oliver & company, pooh, Turning red, Bolt, and 3 cabelleros. (Frankly I'm down for anything cute) Series wise, I'm striving for the mystery collars series, ZPD, TLK mystery set, and a real set of Mickey Expressions pins (though I'm only looking for those in the parks cause for those the hunt is the fun part) I hope to browse more and as I assemble my own set of traders, also pick out more pins that interest me.

Before I trade online though I need to figure out the difference between real and fake ones so I don't inadvertently scam anyone

Hey everyone! I went to the pin trading event today in Florida, and despite my concerns I have to say it was a big success! I was worried about only being there for an hour but I traded all my high value pins within like 30 minutes lol. It took me 2 booths before most of my pins were gone. Staying longer only would have tempted me to open up the wallet, as there were lots of pins I'd had my eye on - as well as new dreamies I'd never even seen before! I'd never thought I'd even lay my eyes on some of these pins let alone posses them.

The atmosphere was noticeably different than park trading, while the parks are largely unfiltered emotionally driven trades for low value pins, the event had lots of massive binders, calculators, and tallying up retail values. It felt like a business negotiation rather than a friendly trade. Still, the other trader were super nice and were more than willing to help out! I came in feeling like I had nothing these traders could possibly want, but I was able to make some really fun trades. (It turns out my collection is worth more than I though it was, and I even had a trader take one of my scrappers cause they thought it was cute)

Without further ado, here's the new pins I took home!
image.png

image.png

I'm especially happy with the Figaro Food-D, I first saw it in the trade arcade but was unable to get it. I was super happy to not only find it here but add it to my collection! Figaro's such an adorable character lol can't get enough of him. I also really love the Figment FARTS pin, as I've been seeking 2024 FARTS pins ever since I arrived in Florida. Most of the other ones were ones I thought were super cute or special looking. Some might also find their way onto next month's trade arcade if anyone's interested!

I also saw the REAL Simba soft serve loungefly available, and knew I had to get it. Not just cause I love Simba soft serves but because it'll make a great study piece! The one on the left is the real one, and the one on the right is the fake. In the front pic, you can see how the colors are different, and the real one is a lot more sparkly. (the sparkle difference is most evident on the lion symbol)
The back of the real one has those crown symbols and the fake one doesn't. If anyone wants to point out other differences please do!

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Now unfortunately this was a trade, and I had to say goodbye to a lot of my pins. These were the ones I gave up in the first trade I made: (the topsy turvy day and alley cats showtime were ones I recently bought at Epcot)
IMG_1327.jpg

Honestly, the only one of these I'm feeling regret about giving away is the World Wildlife day one. I love Meeko, and might add that back to my ISOs at some point. The Max pin was the scrapper I was referencing earlier.

Here's the second trade I made (some of these pins I traded for in the first trade so they were in my collection for maybe 10 minutes lol)

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

Overall, I think I did pretty well! Some of the pins I traded for I thought were rarer than they actually are, but I feel like I got a pretty similar overall value. I'd love to know what y'all think.

After the event, I went to the parks for some fun trading, and was lucky enough to find a lanyard with some new pins on it! I got a new Star Wars series pin (Obi Wan) and a new Stitch pin, though I later traded the Obi Wan pin with a park guest for one that's 99% a fake/scrapper (what can I say I'm a sucker for cute pins and this one was too cute to pass up) I also acquired another real Mickey expressions pin off another park guest. (today seemed unusually good for park trading)

IMG_1335.jpg

I'm pretty sure the cat is fake, but it's too friggin cute to not keep. Stitch is brand new, and the Expression pin has that weight and thickness to it.

IMG_1336.jpg

As you can hopefully see in the terrible quality photo, there's a border on the cat pin (on the left). There's no broder on the Expressions pin, (on the right) and it has the orange serial number. That plus the weight makes me think it's real, but I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts on them.

All in all, I'm super happy to add all these to my collection!

The cat pin. Mochi? Is a loungefly mystery pin. It happens to be the one I traded for without looking at the back.

The cat pin. Mochi? Is a loungefly mystery pin. It happens to be the one I traded for without looking at the back.
It is super cute, ain't it? I also traded without looking at the back. I feel like there's these "pin devils" lurking out there that are so cute/cool that you trade for them without checking them first. It's funny how we both did the same thing!

Hey everyone! I went to the pin trading event today in Florida, and despite my concerns I have to say it was a big success! I was worried about only being there for an hour but I traded all my high value pins within like 30 minutes lol. It took me 2 booths before most of my pins were gone. Staying longer only would have tempted me to open up the wallet, as there were lots of pins I'd had my eye on - as well as new dreamies I'd never even seen before! I'd never thought I'd even lay my eyes on some of these pins let alone posses them.

The atmosphere was noticeably different than park trading, while the parks are largely unfiltered emotionally driven trades for low value pins, the event had lots of massive binders, calculators, and tallying up retail values. It felt like a business negotiation rather than a friendly trade. Still, the other trader were super nice and were more than willing to help out! I came in feeling like I had nothing these traders could possibly want, but I was able to make some really fun trades. (It turns out my collection is worth more than I though it was, and I even had a trader take one of my scrappers cause they thought it was cute)

image.png

image.png

I'm especially happy with the Figaro Food-D, I first saw it in the trade arcade but was unable to get it. I was super happy to not only find it here but add it to my collection! Figaro's such an adorable character lol can't get enough of him. I also really love the Figment FARTS pin, as I've been seeking 2024 FARTS pins ever since I arrived in Florida. Most of the other ones were ones I thought were super cute or special looking. Some might also find their way onto next month's trade arcade if anyone's interested!

I also saw the REAL Simba soft serve loungefly available, and knew I had to get it. Not just cause I love Simba soft serves but because it'll make a great study piece! The one on the left is the real one, and the one on the right is the fake. In the front pic, you can see how the colors are different, and the real one is a lot more sparkly. (the sparkle difference is most evident on the lion symbol)
The back of the real one has those crown symbols and the fake one doesn't. If anyone wants to point out other differences please do!

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Now unfortunately this was a trade, and I had to say goodbye to a lot of my pins. These were the ones I gave up in the first trade I made: (the topsy turvy day and alley cats showtime were ones I recently bought at Epcot)
IMG_1327.jpg

Honestly, the only one of these I'm feeling regret about giving away is the World Wildlife day one. I love Meeko, and might add that back to my ISOs at some point. The Max pin was the scrapper I was referencing earlier.

Here's the second trade I made (some of these pins I traded for in the first trade so they were in my collection for maybe 10 minutes lol)

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

Overall, I think I did pretty well! Some of the pins I traded for I thought were rarer than they actually are, but I feel like I got a pretty similar overall value. I'd love to know what y'all think.

After the event, I went to the parks for some fun trading, and was lucky enough to find a lanyard with some new pins on it! I got a new Star Wars series pin (Obi Wan) and a new Stitch pin, though I later traded the Obi Wan pin with a park guest for one that's 99% a fake/scrapper (what can I say I'm a sucker for cute pins and this one was too cute to pass up) I also acquired another real Mickey expressions pin off another park guest. (today seemed unusually good for park trading)

IMG_1335.jpg

I'm pretty sure the cat is fake, but it's too friggin cute to not keep. Stitch is brand new, and the Expression pin has that weight and thickness to it.

IMG_1336.jpg

As you can hopefully see in the terrible quality photo, there's a border on the cat pin (on the left). There's no broder on the Expressions pin, (on the right) and it has the orange serial number. That plus the weight makes me think it's real, but I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts on them.

Nice pin haul!

And thank you for sharing the pin comparison with the Simba softserve. Love this kind of information!

Thanks! I haven't made a wants/trades list yet, other than some slapped together pins on P&P. I love cute cats/animals and funny pins (though I haven't found many funny ones other than for sale ones) I want to get into rarer/vintage pins, but that hasn't been feasible since I don't own any rare pins (though I bought some recently (from Disney) to help counter that, 76515 - The Alley Cats - It’s Showtime Poster Series and 72468 - Topsy Turvy Day - Celebrate Fun Today ) I'm super eager to add those to my collection!

As for what I want, it's hard to say since I don't have many pins worth the cost of shipping them out. I noticed I'm collecting a lot of Figaro, Simba, and Aristocats pins. I'd love more of these, as well as Oliver & company, pooh, Turning red, Bolt, and 3 cabelleros. (Frankly I'm down for anything cute) Series wise, I'm striving for the mystery collars series, ZPD, TLK mystery set, and a real set of Mickey Expressions pins (though I'm only looking for those in the parks cause for those the hunt is the fun part) I hope to browse more and as I assemble my own set of traders, also pick out more pins that interest me.

Before I trade online though I need to figure out the difference between real and fake ones so I don't inadvertently scam anyone

I’m a sucker for cute cats too! Figaro is my main collection.

I have to say I really admire your honesty in posting here and trying to figure out which of your pins are real before you work out any more trades. It sounds like you are really trying to do the right thing and I wish you the best of luck in your collecting!

image.png

image.png

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

So glad you were able to get to the trade event before you had to run to work. It is a great time to get to interact with great people with similar interests.

I’m a sucker for cute cats too! Figaro is my main collection.

I have to say I really admire your honesty in posting here and trying to figure out which of your pins are real before you work out any more trades. It sounds like you are really trying to do the right thing and I wish you the best of luck in your collecting!

Figaro is the man! (er, cat) It's funny, I wouldn't have said he's my favorite Disney character before I started trading, but now I'm pursuing him relentlessly lol. And thanks! I think learning is important, especially as I prepare for next month's trade arcade. Don't want to make the same mistakes I did this go around! Want to be as honest as possible so I can build up that good trade rating and maybe do some online trades in the future! Trust is really important in this world after all.

So glad you were able to get to the trade event before you had to run to work. It is a great time to get to interact with great people with similar interests.
Thanks! I'm glad I went as well. Never would have gotten those great pins otherwise! And I love the community as well, It's certainly improved my social life to say the least.

Decided to join PinPics yesterday and check out the place! Of course the first article I see when I pop on the site is this Simba The Lion King 30th Anniversary Pin at Disney Store - Disney Pins Blog and as it turns out, it happens to be releasing on that day! I've been a huge fan of the TLK 30th anniversary pins since seeing them in the parks, but the Epic Simba hammock pin, as it turns out, is a Disney Store exclusive and not available at WDW.

5 minutes later, $30 poorer and a new pin's on its way lol. The FOMO got hold of me, but I'm happy to have it! Better to get it new than spend years scouring for it on the internet. I wonder how long those pins last before being sold out. Can't wait to show it off once it gets here!

Hey Captain, you did a great job trading at the event! Lots of fun pins to see and trade for/add to the iso list 🤣 Thanks for sharing your pin journey with everyone - it’s fun to see the next generation start this crazy hobby! Will be following closely to see your collections grow! Happy Trading

Hey Captain, you did a great job trading at the event! Lots of fun pins to see and trade for/add to the iso list 🤣 Thanks for sharing your pin journey with everyone - it’s fun to see the next generation start this crazy hobby! Will be following closely to see your collections grow! Happy Trading
Thanks! Can’t wait for the next one. I’ll be a lot more prepared for it for sure. And thanks for reading, I’ll try and post as often as I can. (and get new pins lol)

Back