• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New year’s (pin) resolutions

New year’s (pin) resolutions
I think I am going to try to complete a few sets we have open. There is a train set that my oldest son is collecting that I'd really like to finish. I believe there is also a few superheros I need for one of my husband's sets. Those are just the ones on the top of my brain at the moment. I got to dig through our stuff and see what else we need.

My pin resolution is to do everything I can to get the last 5 Minnies dressed as princesses that I need to complete my collection. They are hard to find but I really hope this is the year I make it!
eDn6pqD.png

JqhtAw5.jpg

I was there for that trade. I remember when sis traded a pin we had just gotten that day off a cast member lanyard for the BT! We had traded one of our cheaper trader pins (remember when park traders were like $3-5 each in the starter pack?). The pin she traded was a DSF LE300 pin (so same LE size) with Tinker Bell and the Hollywood Walk of Fame Star. Those were the days, when people traded LE size for LE size, etc. My guess is that whoever traded it to the CM had gotten it at a clearance price at DSF (we hadn't gone to DSF yet at that point, but we heard they used to clearance out LE pins!)
I was one of the people who used to do that - DSF clearance pins were $3-$4 each and were the cheapest traders I had access to during that time. So I would put them out there as traders. I remember being at a DL trade event where all I had to trade for pins on their boards were DSF LE's I'd gotten at clearance prices. And I remember one CM going "are you SURE you want to trade that?" as I was trading probably a marquee pin for like a $5-$6 pin off the board. And I was like "they're the only cheap traders I have". lol So they shrugged and I made the trade.

Now in retrospect... lol

Back