• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Park Pin Trading News

Park Pin Trading News

brattyjedi

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just saw a post at the Disney Parks Blog on pin trading. Starting 15 October Mickey head shaped pin boards and “mystery” pin trading where you trade blind for an unknown pin. If they’ll guarantee no scrappers and counterfeits, maybe.

This sounds like a good step to getting back into the pin trading in person. Fun! I even like the idea of the mystery trades. Sis and I always carry two pins that we totally don't care about for mystery trading. If we get pins that we don't want, we always make sure to trade them back to another employee. It's worked very well, and sometimes the mystery trades are really fun. We've gotten some great pins that way, too!

Disneyland has been doing the mystery boxes trading for months. They suck big time. Instead of being able to take a quick peek at a board and decide yes or no on staying to trade, you wind up waiting in a line while the super slow cast members figure out "you said number what and number what?" pull the boxes out, only to find scrappers inside and you wasted ten minutes at each location doing this behind a line of other people wasting their time, too. It's terrible.

I understand not doing lanyards now, but they should just stick to boards. It's faster and better.

Did some research the park maps now have the blue "Disney pins" marker

245674007_2079511792213066_3104382699092249524_n.jpg

245590363_2079512002213045_7866231038586758528_n.jpg

245831646_2079512068879705_6572556522796086952_n.jpg

245588763_2079512325546346_2599236310455264959_n.jpg

245553314_2079512445546334_3604313063823166767_n.jpg

246069219_2079512882212957_2184761030642037596_n.jpg

But as you can see neither Epcot or the water park have the marker

You've also noticed the change in the name removing "Parks" from the logo that's because there are now stores like Target and Box Lunch now selling pins

Yeah, I thought that new logo was interesting when I saw it. Because it implies a certain guarantee- that you're getting an "authentic" Disney pin with this exchange. Which means that in order to follow through on that, they'd have to shuttle every pin traded TO them in a box, and put an official Disney pin on the board/box. Because they don't REALLY have a way of guaranteeing that otherwise. That's a lot of pins from people they'd have to deal with after the fact (either discarding, or figuring out what to do with them otherwise...).

Either way, it's an interesting move to combat the scrapper situation (at least, on one end of that situation).

Yes I have tried the mystery ones. I went up, they said, pick 2 boxes... They showed me the two. None interested me and I left. I thought maybe there would be cool ones inside but no dice.

I liked the boards because I didnt have to bother anyone if there wasn't any I didn't like.

But scrappers! So much scrappers! I can only assume this is to help with that...?

Before we knew much about pin trading we'd picked up a lot of fakes from the boards. I've spent the last year "returning" them to the cast boards where they came from. I've seen the cast members pulling scrappers off to the side lately which is great.

I saw the announcement on the Disney Parks Blog about the New Pin Trading Mickey boards and the Mystery Drawer Box at WDW.

My past experience at Disneyland/DCA Mystery drawer boxes hasn't been abundant, but a couple times the pin was a scrapper, and I decline the trade.

Last Wednesday at PT's I was successful in getting 2 pins from the board that were authentic. A Peter Pan Luggage Bag, and a Jafar Cutie (not sure about the series name-hard to keep up on) but again, I was happy to make a trade. Always exciting.

As it applies to the Map above, and Thank you @GuruGuy128 for posting it. I can't see the Blue areas you're pointing out where there is Pin Trading. Also, please clarify, the word, DISNEY is being removed? Sorry, I am so behind on updates.

Which is another reason I relay on DPF and it's awesome members!

Thank you :cheshire:

As it applies to the Map above, and Thank you @GuruGuy128 for posting it. I can't see the Blue areas you're pointing out where there is Pin Trading. Also, please clarify, the word, DISNEY is being removed? Sorry, I am so behind on updates.
There are blue logos at the end of each listing in the text part of the guide to indicate if they do the pin trading there. There are no special markings on the actual map images. For example if you look under the Magic Kingdom listings for Main Street USA, at the end of the Emporium listing, you'll see it there. It's only on the MK, Studios and AK maps.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they removed "Disney" so that it could also be for Marvel, Muppets, Star Wars, etc. Ignore this! :)

Last edited:
There are blue logos at the end of each listing in the text part of the guide to indicate if they do the pin trading there. There are no special markings on the actual map images. For example if you look under the Magic Kingdom listings for Main Street USA, at the end of the Emporium listing, you'll see it there. It's only on the MK, Studios and AK maps.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they removed "Disney" so that it could also be for Marvel, Muppets, Star Wars, etc.
TySVM @tiggeriffic. I will try and look closer.

As for the markings, this is going to be another learning-curve.

"Oh Boy!" (≧▽≦)...haha!

Good for the brain ;)

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Only thing I saw someone in the thread mention previously was that “Parks” was being removed not “Disney”. So “Disney Pin Trading” rather than “Disney Parks Pin Trading” to accommodate all the non-park pins like Loungefly. Where did Disney being removed come from? That would just leave “pins” and seems a problem.

Only thing I saw someone in the thread mention previously was that “Parks” was being removed not “Disney”. So “Disney Pin Trading” rather than “Disney Parks Pin Trading” to accommodate all the non-park pins like Loungefly. Where did Disney being removed come from? That would just leave “pins” and seems a problem.
I must have been thinking about Hidden Mickeys being changed. Ooops!

Okay, TySVM @brattyjedi.

I just reread that post above, and caught that.

Makes much more sense now.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Are the map indicators where you can trade pins, or just where they sell pins?
For wdw the indicators are places to trade, most locations have changed to the trading boxes some still have boards in addition to the box.
again most locations took your pin and deposited in a bin while others were just cleaning the trades and placing them back in the box or the board.
some Resorts have brought the pin trading trash can back the ones I have seen have been out side.

Back