• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"Pending"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pending"

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Was just thinking it would be nice if DPP (or PP - still using the old version as long as it's up) had an option to mark a pin on your wants as "Pending" (trade or purchase).

I realized I have several current/recent pins on my wants that really are just that: pending upcoming trades or purchases I haven't received yet. I don't want to take them off of my wants since they're not owns yet - they're not in hand and may not be so for a while. But I keep getting trade offers for "wants" I have already on their way and I feel bad for the folks who are trying to make trades based on an inaccurate list.

I keep them in my wants so I know I don't have them yet. But they don't represent a totally accurate situation that way.

So I was thinking it would be handy if we had an option to mark a pin as "pending" rather than as "want" or "own".

Would this be a useful feature to anyone else?

Was just thinking it would be nice if DPP (or PP - still using the old version as long as it's up) had an option to mark a pin on your wants as "Pending" (trade or purchase).

I realized I have several current/recent pins on my wants that really are just that: pending upcoming trades or purchases I haven't received yet. I don't want to take them off of my wants since they're not owns yet - they're not in hand and may not be so for a while. But I keep getting trade offers for "wants" I have already on their way and I feel bad for the folks who are trying to make trades based on an inaccurate list.

I keep them in my wants so I know I don't have them yet. But they don't represent a totally accurate situation that way.

So I was thinking it would be handy if we had an option to mark a pin as "pending" rather than as "want" or "own".

Would this be a useful feature to anyone else?

I'm the same way so I think it would be helpful too. Pin releases are almost always on Thursdays and I often go to DL on Saturday ... a couple days after the release ... I get a lot of offers in between for pins on my wants list that I know I will be picking up myself.

Could be used as a speculation tool. You click pending trader to gauge interest and troll to see what offers people toss you. I think people already do this by just saying "trades" even if they don't own it. People that go to parks often do that with any pin still on the racks. You never know what will get offered.

^ Maybe? But not really what I was suggesting - I was wondering about being able to mark pins that one has already arranged trades for or purchased but not yet received as "pending trade/purchase". Because at that point they are neither wants (since you have a trade or purchase arranged) nor owns (because you haven't received them yet). And I don't want to keep wasting people's time as I'm getting daily trade offers for pins I've already arranged to get or will be getting for myself so was hoping for a way to differentiate such pins.

I agree that it would be useful to have some sort of feature like this. It doesn't necessarily have to be something visible to everyone, it could just move the pin listing into a sort of limbo that only the account owner can see, and remove it from wants/trades. Right now I just move them to my collection since I have so few that it's easy to keep track, but later on I can see that being a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back