• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Newbie

Pin Newbie

stephabelle

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm brand-new to pin trading and pretty new to collecting pins at all...I just got back from a Disneyland trip where I picked up a couple of new ones and realized, I actually really like pins.
:p So I got myself some little pin boards as well.

My favorite pins to collect are Disney princesses and Star Wars, along with (non-Disney) book and reading related pins.

I'll probably just lurk around the forums for a while until I have more of an idea what goes on. :dumbo:

Hi, welcome to the Forum! We collect princesses too - who is your favorite princess? Big fans of Grogu/Mandalorian and a few of the other iconic characters as well. Feel free to ask questions any time and hope you have a great time here.

@stephabelle — Welcome to DPF!

Don't forget to join our giveaway for a chance to add to the collection :p

we'll be running more giveaways in the future, so I hope you find the information and community here helpful.

Hi, welcome to the forum and to pin trading in general!

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! There are a bunch of very knowledgeable folks here on the forum!

Hi and welcome to DPF! My princesses are Moana and Princess Leia.

When you say 'picked up' as in buying new pins or did you trade for the new Hidden Disney pins that came out on Friday? I am so excited for the new Hidden Disney pins!

Hi everyone! I'm brand-new to pin trading and pretty new to collecting pins at all...I just got back from a Disneyland trip where I picked up a couple of new ones and realized, I actually really like pins.
:p So I got myself some little pin boards as well.

My favorite pins to collect are Disney princesses and Star Wars, along with (non-Disney) book and reading related pins.

I'll probably just lurk around the forums for a while until I have more of an idea what goes on. :dumbo:
Welcome to the madness! The great thing about pins is that virtually every touristy shop in the world sells them (in 20 years the only place I've been that didn't have pins was Arkansas mid pandemic) and usually for ~$13 or less. So you're not bound to exclusively Disney pins (unless that's your thing!) For collecting.

I like them especially when family goes somewhere and wants to bring me something. They know I want a pin. I know they know I want a pin. We both know the general cost of them going in. So I know I can safely assume I'll have another pin to add to my collection when they get back. And it takes the weird feeling of people spending too much money on a souvenir off of both of us.

I recommend starting with a lanyard for storing them. They're cheap and easy to get a hold of and store nicely. But there's no right or wrong way to collect (except being rude or taking out a second mortgage to feed the collection!) Have fun!!!

Welcome to the madness! The great thing about pins is that virtually every touristy shop in the world sells them (in 20 years the only place I've been that didn't have pins was Arkansas mid pandemic) and usually for ~$13 or less. So you're not bound to exclusively Disney pins (unless that's your thing!) For collecting.

I like them especially when family goes somewhere and wants to bring me something. They know I want a pin. I know they know I want a pin. We both know the general cost of them going in. So I know I can safely assume I'll have another pin to add to my collection when they get back. And it takes the weird feeling of people spending too much money on a souvenir off of both of us.
This is a really great point about pins and family/friends bringing souvenirs from their travels 😎

Welcome to the forum! Do you have a favorite Disney princess? And possibly more controversially, which Star Wars film or TV show is your favorite?
Thank you! My favorite princess is Belle...but also Tiana and Mulan and Rapunzel ^_^

My favorite Star Wars movie is Return of the Jedi, but I (controversially) enjoy them all. XD

Hi, welcome to the Forum! We collect princesses too - who is your favorite princess? Big fans of Grogu/Mandalorian and a few of the other iconic characters as well. Feel free to ask questions any time and hope you have a great time here.
Thank you! My favorite princess is Bella, but also Tiana and Rapunzel and Mulan and IDK, they're all great XD Love Grogu/Mando as well!

Hi and welcome to DPF! My princesses are Moana and Princess Leia.

When you say 'picked up' as in buying new pins or did you trade for the new Hidden Disney pins that came out on Friday? I am so excited for the new Hidden Disney pins!
I just bought some new ones. ^_^ I'm still exploring and figuring out how trading works. Next time, though!

I love Leia and Moana!

I recommend starting with a lanyard for storing them. They're cheap and easy to get a hold of and store nicely. But there's no right or wrong way to collect (except being rude or taking out a second mortgage to feed the collection!) Have fun!!!
Ahhh thank you! Good to know. That's a good point about souvenirs too XD

Back