• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Pics down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Pics down
So I used Google Cache to identify your UserID on Pinpics and it came back as UID=12574.

If I looked up a random member, and then modified the URL to that UID it comes up for someone named riprap. The collection and trades are turned off, but the wants do have a lot of Villains. There is a real name and a photo associated with this account. Now that I know you can see the total of pins in a collection it says 4738.

Then I searched Members for riprap and TWO accounts came back with that username, which shouldn't be allowed. The one I found before and then one without a profile photo, has the same real name, no wants and everything else is turned off (but I can see that they own 2063 pins just not what they are). This one has a UID of 33029.

Since you can't login, I don't think you will be able to see the member pages. Did you have a profile picture on your account, does the collection size for the 1st riprap sound right? They have had data corruption in the past, where a table field gets deleted, and then everything else lines up wrong. I'm just wondering if the one riprap account is your stuff, but now the username and password associated are this other riprap account. If the data is still there, someone might eventually be able to re-associate it back to your account, vs if the whole thing was gone.

Although, if they ever get the site functional again, I think they will have to reset to an old backup, so anyone who has been trying to make changes should not expect those changes to be retained, but it would bring back your account.

But really, everyone, if you have not already managed to save a copy of your items, PLEASE, do it ASAP, because with as long as this has been going on, I think everyone should proceed as if the site were dead and then if somehow it comes back in a functional way we can breathe a sigh of relief, but it should not be the expectation at this point. We already know the database was failing a couple years ago, and this time its even worse.
Wow! Talk about knowing your stuff. Nice job!

Fully agree on presuming its dead. Especially since they have not said a single word about what's going on this whole time. I'll continue using it for trade comparisons as long as I can get in there, but definitely presuming it will become less and less useful. It's really going to become much harder to trade without it.

OMG! That is Figment919's profile pic listed as riprap.

This is awful!

443c03865c199297312cca44a7d24cf4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If it's the same account but renamed somehow, I wonder if Figment919 might be able to get into it by:
- trying to log in with the profile name riprap (maybe the profile name got changed but the password is still the same???
- if that doesn't work, try using 'Forgot your Password?' for the profile name riprap (even if both the profile name and password somehow got messed up, the associated email address is probably still the same?)

Reactions: Ajk
The picture is me near our pool. The 4738 total pins seems to be close. Hopemax, thanks for the information and hopefully I can be brought back to life!!

Update:
I have tried ALL of the combinations suggested above to no avail, I am still NOT VALID. I would guess someone within the PinPics team must reset the account to the right UID. More to come I guess. 19 years of pin collecting shot to hell.

Just FYI level of damage:
Over 4700 OWNED pins (I have more but PinPIcs is not updated very quickly)
Over 1400 WANTS (all gone)
Over 850 TRADERS (all gone)

Last edited:
Actually, it looks like my sleuthing made it to the right person at Pinpics... I was going to pull your wants list for you, since I could see those on the alternate riprap account. Instead, I found out it no longer exists and Figment919 exists again with UID=12574.

They still need to get you a proper login / password.

I can see all the Wants for Figment919, and if your trade asst was turned on, and your collection public someone who can login could save files of those too. If they can't get a functional login, maybe they can modify those settings for someone to at least save copies.

Actually, it looks like my sleuthing made it to the right person at Pinpics... I was going to pull your wants list for you, since I could see those on the alternate riprap account. Instead, I found out it no longer exists and Figment919 exists again with UID=12574.

They still need to get you a proper login / password.

I can see all the Wants for Figment919, and if your trade asst was turned on, and your collection public someone who can login could save files of those too. If they can't get a functional login, maybe they can modify those settings for someone to at least save copies.
You have some amazing computer skills!

UPDATE as of 6/8/21 AM:

Thanks to some amazing efforts by momin.ator, peachyshades, hopemax, ajk I am SLOWLY coming back to life on PinPics. The connection to "riprap" is gone and my Collection/Wants/Trades now appear with some juggling during the logon session. My picture is back tied to my account, most of the profile stuff is gone, but that can always be fixed.

We are not out of the woods yet, since this whole thing can fall apart since the hack-related virus is still doing things to the site. BUT I just want to thank the folks who are helping get me back whole - this hobby has ALWAYS been about the PEOPLE, not the pieces of metal we collect!!

So @Justin_Bieber sent me his userID and he also has the same issue. His UID refers to a username, that username has 2 entries. So whoever at Pinpics that is helping Mike out really needs to take a look at how many "double username" situations exist.
yes thanks alot for the help I appreciate it, the 2nd username is indeed my account my whole collection is there!

I signed into Pin Pics briefly tonight, just to see if I could, and I think what happened tonight might be new (apart from the almost obligatory involuntary user change; it's getting to the point that if you don't switch identities, how will you know you're using Pin Pics?). I know that I definitely was in my account; I saw the option to logout and my messages (trade requests et al). However, unless something has changed (and anything is possible at this point, up to and including user error), it doesn't look like I have any owns, wants, or trades anymore. If I look the pins up, they're still saved in the system, but they don't come up as lists anymore?

I signed into Pin Pics briefly tonight, just to see if I could, and I think what happened tonight might be new (apart from the almost obligatory involuntary user change; it's getting to the point that if you don't switch identities, how will you know you're using Pin Pics?). I know that I definitely was in my account; I saw the option to logout and my messages (trade requests et al). However, unless something has changed (and anything is possible at this point, up to and including user error), it doesn't look like I have any owns, wants, or trades anymore. If I look the pins up, they're still saved in the system, but they don't come up as lists anymore?
I had to click around a lot to get to my own pin profile this morning but finally got there.

I can see Collection and Wants lists for "dancecats" (No profile pic; 4588 pins in Collection, with the Mother Gothel PTD as the newest entry)

You are not going to hear anything from the PinPIcs owner (Lenny). Usually the only communication is when they want to do a new adventure like "virtual pins" or that Pinapolis game. They haven't cared about the pin database for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back