• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Pics photo not right? Or did the Pin change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Pics photo not right? Or did the Pin change?

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Pin Pic is my go to spot for trying to determine if a pin is a scrapper/fake or not.
At WDW I found Chip & Dale cool characters on CM lanyards. Pins looked great, pristine backs, great colour and quality.
I went back to my room at the end of the day and got on pin pics to compare. I was sad to see that the feet on Chip & Dale were totally different than what I found in the park.
I thought I had some AWESOME fakes.
Kept looking at these pins, and the quality on them was so good that I kept not believing that they were counterfeit. My gut said they were real, but the pin pics photo was a contradiction.

So I went to the WOD Store at Disney Springs to see if I could find a set for sale in the store, and compare my pins to those. This is a trick I use often when I am at the parks. Any open edition pins or booster pack pins that I find on Lanyards get compared to what is hanging in the store. This is a great way to see if you have fakes.

Low and behold, I find the Cool Characters for sale in WOD. Guess what? The feet on Chip & Dale in the package match what I found in the parks. The picture on PinPics does not match what is in the package. So the question is now, are the pictures on PinPics wrong? Did the pin design change? ???

My picture here shows the pins I found (top photo), The pins in their package, and the pictures from PinPics

I'm going to guess the design changed due to it being an open edition.

The princess premiere birthstone pins had the same thing happen. So did the princess cameos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back