• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin (Plastic) Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin (Plastic) Bags

PinHunters

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hey guys so we are fairly new but we do have some pins that we absolutely love and although they are safely in our collections (actual pin bags), we want to take extra precautions on those certain pins. We see a lot of people use plastic bags and some are better than others...from trades at the park some traders have given us the pins in their bags and we find we like some and others not so much.

For instance, there are some thick ones that we have for some LE pins that don't work too well for piece of disney movie pins since the image is a bit blurred by the thickness.

Long story short:

Where do you get your plastic bags to protect your pins? Do you use the same for all kinds of pins? Or do you have different kinds that work best for certain kinds of pins?

We buy the 300 ct boxes from JoAnn's Craft store. They work great on regular sized pins to prevent metal on metal contact

What kind of bags are they? I try to search, but can never find any

They are from Crafter's Toolbox, and they are 3"x4" reclosable bags. It is a 250 ct. box and you get 50 free. I can ask Betsy (she is a manager at our local one) to see if they still have them and for how much

There are a few dealers at Frank & Sons that have the plastic bags too. I bought a supply of 1.5" x 2", 2" x 2" (hidden Mickeys and PWP), 2" x 3" (most pins not on cards), 3" x 3", 3" x 4" (for most pins on cards), 3" x 5", 4" x 4", 4" x 6" and 5" x 7" (for PoDM) for my pins

So does everyone bag each pin in their pin bag to protect them?

Yes, as I have multiple bins sorting the trader pins by type, etc:

Open Edition
LE Parks
Disney Auctions
DS.com Pins (2 of those)
DLRP/DLP
TDS/Japan
WDI/DSF
Pins from shows and events

If the pin itself does not come in a sealed bag like most of the DLRP ones do, I use a ziplock so I can leave it in the bin without it scratching itself or anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back