• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN HAUL Pin Trading Haul - Disneyland, 5/20

PIN HAUL Pin Trading Haul - Disneyland, 5/20

Connies_Hobby

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
238   0   0
Happy Sunday DPF Mouseketeers,

So I have been getting back to pin trading at the benches next to the Westward Ho Pin Store at the entrance of Frontierland.

Yesterday, was the 4/5th time in about 6, or so weeks.

A couple of these days have been during the week. But for the most part, on the weekends, either Saturday or Sunday.

I've tried mornings and late afternoons into the evenings.

Yesterday I arrived around 4, got a bench and had a Steady, and I do mean STEADY stream of guests walking up to me, asking questions, and trading.

I was there from 4-8:30. And again, was engaged with traders most of that time.

This is my largest haul out of the 6+ PT visits thus far. 28 pins.

Second too this was 26.

I don't know if anyone else here has been to either DL or WDW to "just pin trade" so I thought I would drop this post and update everyone on how PT has returned, in Full Force at the OMK, YaY!

If anyone has Any questions, please, post them below.

I have been having a blast trading with the guests, again.

Feels Great to be back... Spreading-Disney-Pin-Magic
baa3beba9eed7d5a2084a2ff3b59a4a7.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

And this is what happens, when I'm tired, and not thinking clearly... I forget to turn pins over and look at the backs....before finalizing a trade with a guest. I Always do with CM's or at boards.

Dag-nab-it.... ....Oh well....

1c5f60e3339c55da238f527c9fdd3fb9.jpg
7b186429d33171b82e315f18ffe2ac38.jpg

And this is what happens, when I'm tired, and not thinking clearly... I forget to turn pins over and look at the backs....before finalizing a trade with a guest. I Always do with CM's or at boards.

Dag-nab-it.... ....Oh well....

1c5f60e3339c55da238f527c9fdd3fb9.jpg
7b186429d33171b82e315f18ffe2ac38.jpg

Yes, I echo Firechief18. The edge/boarder is not a sign of being a fake for this set. I have this pin and it also has a border. If everything else checks out (thickness, sound when lightly dropped, weight/heft, etc.) they you're good. :)

P.S. I have a whole little bin full of pins from the last few years that were bought by us from Disney and they don't have complete waffle patterns and the edges are lumpy and the enamelling is poor . . . one day I'm going to have Sis photograph them nicely so I can do an informative post and show some issues that are no longer a sign of scrappers. Pins have changed . . . or Disney is buying seconds! :)

Sorry I missed seeing you - I must have left right before you got there!

I also did well trading that day - got two of the three new Loki pins, two Wonderland pins I needed plus an extra of one I already had, and a couple of other Marvel pins that just caught my eye.

I'm sure I'll see you there again soon!

Sorry I missed seeing you - I must have left right before you got there!

I also did well trading that day - got two of the three new Loki pins, two Wonderland pins I needed plus an extra of one I already had, and a couple of other Marvel pins that just caught my eye.

I'm sure I'll see you there again soon!
Congrats on your Haul!

PT is back in Full Force. Here is another testimony!

See you next time. I'll be there this coming weekend.

I haven't seen any of the hidden Disney silver pin packs this time at the parks. @Connies_Hobby they come out of the package like that. :-(
There are here at DL.

"...Come out of the package line that" no I would certainly Hope Not,
Sheesh. I'm guessing it's a scraper. Either way, I wouldn't have traded for this pin if I Had Glanced at the back. The borders are real bad on this one.

Yes, I echo Firechief18. The edge/boarder is not a sign of being a fake for this set. I have this pin and it also has a border. If everything else checks out (thickness, sound when lightly dropped, weight/heft, etc.) they you're good. :)
Really.... WoW. That's Sad. Bad production?

I still wouldn't have traded for it.

That's just Little Ole Me

Back