• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

pin trading tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pin trading tips?

paula6989

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi, I have a question, hope it doesn't sound too silly. I am newer to collecting so I am slowly getting the hang of it. I tried to search the forum so I apologize if this has been asked. I was wondering when are the best times to visit the parks and trade for new hidden mickeys? Specifically DL/DCA. I live close by and can go anytime except normal Mon thru Fri work hours. Anyways I have been going right when the park opens and the past 3 weekends I managed to find 2 deebees, two monorails and one world of color. actually I found another jack deebee last Thursday evening but I let my friend trade for it first lol. Then I see the pin traders with full sets! Have yet to see the Alice HMs or the alphabet! :( any suggestions for a newbie? Thank you. :)

The cast member trade books are usually pretty good with the HMs.They bring em out at the frontierland trading area on fri-sun at I think 1 or 2pm,but you gotta be one of the first in the line since the books usually only have a few of the newer HMs in em

The books come out at 1:30 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. You're limited to 2 trades per book, and lines sometimes form very early. Best to get there around noon to scope it out, just to be safe. The books can be pretty hit-or-miss: sometimes they'll be loaded with new stuff, other times they may be completely devoid of it and chock full o' scrappers instead.

-JD

DL needs to do the pin boards instead of the books and limit it to 30 seconds to make your choice like they do in WDW. I was in DL in Feb and it took forever to get to the front of the line. The lady's husband who was standing in front of me went and rode HM and BTMR and we were still not to the front of the line. The wait time adds up as everyone has to flip through all the pages in the books several times before making their choice. With the pin boards you can see the pins and have your choice pretty much made when it becomes your turn. If I was the CM standing there everyday with the books that would drive me nutso!

I don't go to COAT (come out and trade) anymore. I would wait for 2 hrs only to find out the person in front held spots for 4 of their kids and friends. i have complained how unfair this was several times but nothing changes. They should be waiting in line like the rest of us.

I don't go to COAT (come out and trade) anymore. I would wait for 2 hrs only to find out the person in front held spots for 4 of their kids and friends. i have complained how unfair this was several times but nothing changes. They should be waiting in line like the rest of us.

So true! Or one parent and their child would wait in one line and the other in the other line and once they got to the front and did their trading they would switch(child switches first then the parent switches). This usually elicits a collective groan and mumble from the line but the CMs don't do anything about it.

It seems to me that they would not allow this. They do not let the traders that have been trading there all day long on the tables go first and they have to give their tables up so they can do come out and trade. Then they allow people to "hold" spots for people that are not there at all? Sounds like a complaint for City Hall to me! I have never understood why they would not allow those that give up their tables go first. To me it seems fair since they give up their trading location for the sake of COAT. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back