• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pins vs clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins vs clothes

cyke23

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I went outlet shopping yesterday to buy clothes for my niece (2nd birthday). I couldn't resist the sales and bought about $250 of clothing for me....jacket, shirts, pants. Really good deals. However, at home, when I started to cut the price tags and such off, it came to my mind - if I return the clothes I got for me, I could get like a few grail pins. I cut the price tags anyway but couldn't stop laughing at myself because I was entertaining this thought. Jacket or two-tone Maleficent pin? Shirts or Haunted Mansion 45th chaser? Anyone else have similar thoughts?

LOL, yes, I think about this all of the time. I don't really need a new pair of running shoes since mine don't have holes in them and instead I could buy an LE Cheshire pin even though it's recommended to change your shoes every six months. Do I really want another sweater because it's 20 degrees outside and the clothing looks really warm and comfortable or should I wait and just go home to buy that HKDL Stitch pin on eBay? Hmm, maybe I could wait until the sweater goes on sale, buy it and then wear it while I lounge around buying other pins online! LOL, it's a vicious circle, I tell ya!

I do it with going out to eat…hmmm I could not eat out all week and get a couple of pins or I could avoid cooking and groceries for a few more days.

Haha. All the time!!! It actually goes back and forth. Over the holidays, I bought a lot of clothes. And got some good deals. Now I've been concentrating on pins. Lol. I like purses and jewelry too

Not even a choice. :p Pins. When funds are limited, I'd always rather have a pin I need than a shirt that will wear out or a meal that will be merely a memory as soon as it's over. I can almost always wait to watch a movie for free on TV and then that money can also go to pins. :)

With that said, I still have the two-tone Maleficent for sale in my sales thread. ;)

My new addiction is art from the Wonderground gallery. So I will eat at home or not get new clothes (that i do not need) to add to my collection. If I find a pin I want for a reasonable price, I will do the same thing. Eat in or skip buying something else I don't need for the pin.

Here in California we don"t need clothes when its 70-80 year round so all my $$$$$ goes on pins...

Lol! I was at the mall with my gf yesterday and I was buying a shirt from guess. It was about $52.00. I was thinking to myself as I walked out "you know, this could have been a hook Grail ".

I must not be enough of an addict yet as this doesn't even cross my mind ha ha! But when I think about, I would not hesitate to spend £60 on a dress, but I am always incredibly hesitant to spend more than £25-£30 on a pin!

I'll spend 100-200eu on a pair of shoes but never on a pin (again, haha I did a couple times) and now I've realized with patience and showing up to events eventually I'll be able to trade up for what I want.

I mean base price for an LE doll is like 84eu these days. I can troll ebay and facebook for decent pin deals and buy cheaper pins every week. That said it's true that budget wise I probably spend more on pins than clothes- at the end of the day if theres financial problems pins hold up value better (typically)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back