• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pluto’s Christmas Tree

Pluto’s Christmas Tree

alleycatpins

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My partner and I had a little bit of a mixup- they bought a pin for me for Christmas and then I went and bought myself the same pin. We both bought from sellers I tend to trust and have bought from before.

Unfortunately they look different, and I’m wondering which is the real deal. Does anyone know what the authentic pin should look like?

I’m not super clear on how to post photos yet, so if this doesn’t work, I’ll edit or add them to comments.

I think this series was released in Japan as well so might be that one is from the Japan series? I have no idea but could be an explanation to them both being real.

Is it just me or are the two pins different sizes? Maybe its just an optical illusion but one looks bigger than the other to me.

They're almost exactly the same size when I hold them up against each other, but they're slightly different designs so they don't match perfectly. I do think the one on the right has a larger star on the tree and has much larger writing on the back. If only I knew what it meant!!

Do you have a better lit picture of the back on the one with the dot on it? To me the one on the left in the photo of the fronts looks/feels more true than the proportions on the other one, but i've never seen this pin in person before.

I found this picture online of one with a backing card, but i don't know if its genuine:
s-l1600.jpg

Notice, bright white and red on the package on the right and bright red on the left as well and a skinny blue and yellow package. I would try to compare your pins colors to this one and see if one looks more color correct, assuming this photo is of a genuine pin. There do seem to be many listings on ebay with what seems to be this same photo, not a ton but a few.
:confused:
@momin.ator were you able to find your copy of this pin?

Last edited:
Back