• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Point System Auction - PP# 27547 (DA) Stitch Angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Point System Auction - PP# 27547 (DA) Stitch Angry

dalakersrnumba1

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
This is a POINT-BASED AUCTION so please read the rules carefully before placing a bid.

Up for grabs is the following:
AngryStitch.jpg

*Pin does not come on original backing card cause I accidentally used it for another DA pin that I traded*

I will post a picture of the actual pin in this reserved area tonight

RULES:
1) Everyone has a fair shot at this auction cause there will be no personal preference weighing extra over other bids. Everything is strictly based off of the point system (see below):
2) This auction will end at 8pm PST on Sunday, July 8, 2012. Pin will be mailed out Monday, July 9, 2012 with delivery confirmation.
3) All rules per DPF Auctions apply. Click here for Official DPF Auction Rules
4) Please place all bids within the thread.
5) No bid modifying. If you want to change your bid please make a new post of the new bid.
6) If there are any questions or concerns, please post your questions within the thread so that answers may be visible to all. The point system may seem confusing.
7) Just place your bid and I will do the calculations. I will post updated leader boards (top 3) if they are changed in any way.

The 2-Part Point System Based on PinPics Info:
LEValues-1.jpg

The value from the chart will get a bonus value through the wants vs trades equation
(wanting # - trading #)/10. If there is a negative value for the W-T then no bonus points will be awarded for that pin.
- Please visit PinPics.com for information regarding your pin(s).

Example of calculating a pin that is LE 1000 with 150 wanting and 30 trading: 35 + [(150-30)/10] = 47 points

THIS MAY GET CONFUSING BUT IT'S ALL FOR FUN! Please don't be afraid to bid...
I just wanted to give everyone a fair shot at winning this auction without my wants playing a role in the final outcome. I've been screwed by that factor in a few auctions now so this is me rebelling against the world! :lol:

Last edited:
What about pins that are limited edition but edition size unknown? *lol* Oh and I really like the idea of having a point system, I will be bidding!

What about pins that are limited edition but edition size unknown? *lol* Oh and I really like the idea of having a point system, I will be bidding!

I had thought about that a lot while the thread was closed due to modification and this is what I came up with:

Pins that have unknown LE sizes will be treated as a LE 3000+ for 15 points.

I'll start the bid with these!

Pin 44829: WDW Cast Exclusive - 2006 Pin Party (Stitch
with Nametag)

Pin 83302: DLR - Sci-Fi Academy - Penny Arcade Mystery
Collection - Video Games - People Mover Only

This is an exceptional system which is fair to all. By going with points, you eliminate the auctioneers "choice" which would be perfect in an auction system that has a reserve. With this system the Mods could allow reserves on a point based decision. The Mods should look at this!!!

I like this ALOT! Not into the pin you have up though. haha.

What about pins such as pinpics 86297? These japan pins are rumored to be limited edition / release but the numbers are unknown. Would this still be treated as stated above, 15 points for a LE3000+.
One other question would be any bonus points given for AP / PP pins?

What about pins such as pinpics 86297? These japan pins are rumored to be limited edition / release but the numbers are unknown. Would this still be treated as stated above, 15 points for a LE3000+.
One other question would be any bonus points given for AP / PP pins?

Yes I have heard that those were LE pins and would consider any from that set to be LE 3000+ for 15 points. For any other pins in this same category, please go ahead and just ask. As for the AP/PP pins, they unfortunately would fall into the same LE size as their non-AP/PP versions of the pins (for now).

This is an exceptional system which is fair to all. By going with points, you eliminate the auctioneers "choice" which would be perfect in an auction system that has a reserve. With this system the Mods could allow reserves on a point based decision. The Mods should look at this!!!

I like this ALOT! Not into the pin you have up though. haha.

For one, I'm not trying to help set a reserve system as I don't believe in that, but by all means if there is a way to please everyone then look away! Also I'm just doing this first points-based auction (thanks again to Goofy_Moe) for fun and because I don't want anyone to feel like they stand no chance against someone who might be bidding a Stitch invasion pin or other pins from my likes. I was so upset after losing 3 auctions in which I felt I bid the highest value so I don't want anyone to feel that way about this auction. I always have to remind myself that Disney pin trading is supposed to be fun, not stressful so this should be a good start!

I will bid the following: Which, if my math is correct should be 83.5 points. The pictures are linked to the pinpics page for easy look up.

All righty, well I guess I'm out of the running! *lol* it certainly is easy this way to know who's in the lead, just do the math. Have fun bidding, everyone! I can't compete with the big boys.

i bid

Pin 79115: Disneystore.com - Ink Art Series - Stitch
Pin 33212: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Stitch Cuckoo Clock

which i think equals 93.5
unless i did it wrong

OK I want in on this format of auctions…
I will open my bid with the following LE750’s (Hmmm 37.5 pts ea??...LOL) plus a few bonus points I think…

Pin 76077: DLR 55th Anniversary Cast POM 2010: Retro Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pin 76078: DLR 55th Anniversary Cast POM 2010: Retro Golden Horseshoe Revue
Pin 76079: DLR 55th Anniversary Cast POM 2010: Retro Casey Jr. Circus Train
Pin 76080: DLR 55th Anniversary Cast POM 2010: Retro Candy Palace
Pin 76073: DLR 55th Anniversary Cast POM 2010: Retro Pack Mules

Let's see where this gets me on the leaderboard...

how many points are the 300 le like DSF and WDI and Jumbos from Disneyshopping???

All Limited Edition pins will be weighed the same for now, as this first auction will give me a feel of how to modify and better the point system. DSF and WDI pins both LE 300 will be worth the same value but might differ if the wants/trades numbers are different. The same goes for JUMBOS in this auction, but JUMBOS might get a boost in future ones. Like I said, this is a test run auction to see if this kind of system works, and so far... IT'S AWESOME!

so are you saying [pinpics]1799[/pinpics] is worth less then the Valient DSF marquee?!? by my calucatioin 1799 is an open edition pin (bade if 4) plus 20 bonus for wants (200 more people then wanting divided by 10). any dsf pin has a base value of at least 40. that does not seem quite fair imo.

Updated leader board (with Goofy_Moe attacking the lead like a pack of wolves hungry for a meal):

1) Goofy_Moe - 209.7
2) KrystalRage - 93.5
3) Phoenix - 83.5

That last bid was done LIKE A BOSS... Haha

so are you saying [pinpics]1799[/pinpics] is worth less then the Valient DSF marquee?!? by my calucatioin 1799 is an open edition pin (bade if 4) plus 20 bonus for wants (200 more people then wanting divided by 10). any dsf pin has a base value of at least 40. that does not seem quite fair imo.

Like I mentioned in my last answer to your question, this is really just a test run to see what tweaks need to be done to the point system. Clearly it's not perfect but running into problems like those you presented have only given me ideas to update the system for a future auction.

MY ADVICE AS A NICE PERSON... TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM WHILE THERE ARE LOOP HOLES AS THEY ONLY SERVE TO YOUR BENEFIT. I WILL TRY MY BEST AFTER THIS AUCTION TO FIX THOSE PROBLEMS AND KEEP THE AUCTION CLOSE TO A VALUE'S WORTH KIND OF THING.

THANKS!

I can see this easily hitting 300 points by the time this is done... LOL

I calculated the value of my pin based on this system and it's only at 57.6 so clearly I need some major tweaking to the system if I am to run another auction of this caliber... but this has so far been a fun test run. You have to put up a semi-decent pin to get the bids flowing, and with that we are seeing a few problems come up. Goofy_Moe according to my system... YOU ARE SEVERELY OVER-BIDDING! Hahahaha :rofl:

You know what is funny, but my wife wouldn't let me do it...
I was going to just list a bunch of HM #'s without a descreption that would have been 1 point short of the lead... and after you spent 45 minutes doing the math and posting I was in second, I was just going to post ...OH Well I Tried...

But we like you too much to mess with you... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back