• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about Buying and Selling and a Disney Pin Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Buying and Selling and a Disney Pin Store?

technohippie

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I’ve been buying, selling and trading Disney pins for about 5 years now. I love it and am completely addicted. It has been my happy hobby for a long time. But I’ve been thinking about taking it a step further. Ok first some background on me and what I do so things are a little easier to explain.

I am in the card game industry. I work mostly with the Yu Gi Oh Card Game and Magic the Gathering. I have a physical store where we buy and sell video games, cards, sports cards, comics, actions figures and the like. When I was young I started gaming and playing and trading Magic the Gathering. I worked for a few different card shops and Pokemon put me through college. I have always been a trader and a buyer and seller. I currently own my own business and I travel around the country buying and selling cards at large tournaments or conventions. I am on my way to Kansas City right now to set up at a YSC this weekend. Work takes me to the California area about 3 to 4 times a year so I stop and play and trade in DLR for a few days each time. I also get to go to WDW a few times a year as well. I love trading in the parks. With the business I have now I am thinking of opening up a new store in California to have access to more inventory and because I love it in Cali. Ok on to my questions.

Is there a store where you can buy and sell Disney pins and vinylmations? Online or physical?

Is there a demand for such a store where you can sell your extras or your collection for cash instead of using an online auction site?

Basically here were my thoughts. I have made a great name for myself in my industry because I have a few business practices I believe in and use. I believe great customer service is mandatory. I treat everyone equally and with respect. I try to be the fair to everyone and make sure they are happy with the transaction. (example: when I buy and sell cards I do if for the same price no matter if it’s a new player or a pro. I am not in to cheating anyone so I can get a better deal. It’s dirty business in my opinion.) I buy and sell everything at a fair price. I usually pick up inventory for about 50% of what I sell it for on average. It varies of course, something really good I would pay up to 80% to have it in stock for my customers. I also have a never stop buying policy so I will buy everything all the time but If I am overstocked I just buy it at a reduced price. I basically try to buy the best I can and sell it at a reasonable price. So my profit margin is smaller but I have a larger volume of inventory I move. I also like to have a very large selection of inventory because everyone needs or wants something different. When I do card games I try to have absolutely everything at all times and more of what everyone wants. Now I know with Disney Pins that would almost be impossible, there are just too many.

So I wanted to see if my current business philosophy could be used in the Disney Pin Collectible market. I am asking because I live in Nebraska right now and do not have the ability to ask people more directly.

Would you guys like to have a place where you can buy and sell pins all the time? A place with a large selection of pins at great prices? A place if you need cash you would be able to get it right away?

Please feel free to give any suggestions, questions, comments. I am trying to see what you would want from such as store. Tell me what you want to see and what you don’t want to see. Tell me the good and bad.

Thanks for all the help in advance and I hope I can end up making something really great.

Linda
technohippie
www.gametimecc.com

I'm not sure I understand your question . i know those YU Gi Oh cards and Pokemon cards bring good money if you can find them in pristine condition . I sold most of my pins here on the forum, but still have some I'd like to get rid of depending on how much you would pay . You can PM me and I can let you know what I have left . Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back