• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

~ Question from a Newbie, really dissapointed ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ Question from a Newbie, really dissapointed ~
What a great pin, I might have to put that on my want list!! *lol* great score from a cast lanyard, and great eye that he has! :D not every pin trader is trying to take advantage, but there are plenty that do and will in a second if you let them. The best thing you can do is try to educate yourself as best as possible, make friends with honest, friendly people that like to help, and have fun with it! Pin trading is not all about dollar value, I know I've made trades that are heavily in the other person's favor, but it's for something I really want and in the end I'm happy to get the pin :) that's what it's about in the end, both parties being happy with the trade! Welcome to the forum and to pin trading :D

Hi, welcome to pin trading and wow, I've never seen that pin before, it's really nice, nice score from a CM lanyard! I can tell you that unless I know a kid and/or his parent(s), if a kid wants to trade with me I always ask the parent if he or she is standing nearby if the trade is okay (especially if I know the kid wants one of my rack pins and they're offering something better) or I tell the kid to ask their parent if our trade is okay. 99% of the time the parent says, "Yeah, sure, whatever they want, it's up to them," but I never want anyone ever thinking I'm a shark. So you might want to tell yours to just check with you first, and if you're not sure, ask a nearby trader who you think might know better "do you think this is a fair trade?"

I think the original poster made up the story about finding it on a lanyard and has it up on eBay herself and is just trying to drum up bids for her auction. That's what I think.

There are bad traders out there. We refer to them as "sharks" and while there are some bad apples there are some pretty amazing people out there pin trading too. Try to keep a phone on you with internet capability (so you can check eBay) when you get a new pin before trading to be safe.

I think the original poster made up the story about finding it on a lanyard and has it up on eBay herself and is just trying to drum up bids for her auction. That's what I think.

Nice, Well if you'd like, check my eBay FB MNWBiel! I have 100% FB and if you look at my feed back I sell little girls clothing not pins. If you also check my feedback I have bought pins not sold any. Nice try and thanks for the warm welcome. I don't need to justify myself to you and I dont appreciate your accusations!!!!

Nice, Well if you'd like, check my eBay FB MNWBiel! I have 100% FB and if you look at my feed back I sell little girls clothing not pins. If you also check my feedback I have bought pins not sold any. Nice try and thanks for the warm welcome. I don't need to justify myself to you and I dont appreciate your accusations!!!!

I think SorcererMickey was joking (but am not sure). Welcome to DPF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back