RIP TheRetroNerd

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
As our posts did not come back for @TheRetroNerd, I thought I would try to recreate what I remember.

Retro (Anthony) was a frequent participant in our chat room. He helped @ryanfury with Pin Trading Database too.

A few years ago, Anthony moved from Southern California to Las Vegas. He sold the majority of his pins (Marvel and Star Wars were his collections).

We are coming up on the one year anniversary of Anthony's death (4/13).

Here is his obituary:

Through the generosity of DPF and PTDB members, we were able to purchase three trees in his memory. I'll post pictures of the receipts and where they were planted in the next posts.

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
Tree #1 planted in Crawford County. Michigan, as part of the Kirtland's Warbler Recovery Project

1617992277731.png

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
Tree #2 planted in Crawford County. Michigan, as part of the Kirtland's Warbler Recovery Project

1617992293793.png

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
Tree #3 planted in Crawford County. Michigan, as part of the Kirtland's Warbler Recovery Project

1617992323752.png

Ksnuggles

Resident Cake Baker
Staff member
DPF Moderator
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
It sucks that it did not come back. It is almost like losing him all over again. Anthony aka NERD.. I think about him often. I miss seeing him in chat and all our weird conversations. I am sad I never got to make him a cake/dessert like he kept asking for.

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
538   0   0
It sucks that it did not come back. It is almost like losing him all over again. Anthony aka NERD.. I think about him often. I miss seeing him in chat and all our weird conversations. I am sad I never got to make him a cake/dessert like he kept asking for.

I know, it really does. That's why I wanted to make sure I posted this again. I still can't believe that next week will mark the one year anniversary :(