• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Series Discussion: Princess Perfume Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Series Discussion: Princess Perfume Bottles

Psycho Pixie

Vacations are a grand thing
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Series: Princess Perfume bottles.
Released at: DLR/DCA, WDW
Edition size: 2000
retail: $15.95

This thread is for updates on appearance, new images, release dates, discussion of pro's/Con's of each pin in the series.

What do you think of the idea of scented cards? Much like the Seed cards, I kind of think its a neat idea. I saved those seed cards, and will eventually plant them just to see if they grow. The scented cards might make them more likely to have the card traded with the pin. Do you think the scent will hold for long? Does it add value to the pin?

Next release: February.
wdwtradenight-121713-pp2-759x1024.jpg

January16th: Mulan, Rose scented card.
400008243629.1-120x120.jpg
((image of actual pin on card coming soon! and will be at bottom of this post.))

February:Cinderella
large image available below.

March: Aurora
large image available below.

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November:

December:

Larger images of some of the pins will go here.
wdwtradenight-121713-pp4-1024x733.jpg
wdwtradenight-121713-pp2-759x1024.jpg

wdwtradenight-121713-pp3-692x1024.jpg

Scented cards? Pretty cool idea. My worry though is that the rubber will absorb the scent, and after awhile, the pins would smell weird. I guess as long as they don't do a vanilla or chocolate scent it should be fine.

I like the concept art, especially for Belle and Rapunzel. But now I'm noticing how the final product differs from the sketch. I feel like they are much plainer than the art suggests!

Last edited:
I like the idea, but as usual, I only am curious about how the pins look. The card specs are not really my thing. As seen with the concept of Cinderella to the actual pin, they (for the most part) kept the concept, but the words and the logo look pretty bad imo so I'm going to wait and see Ariel, the only one confirmed who I'd want at the moment ^_^

While I won't be buying or collecting the series, I think they are pretty, but they or some? have free-d. Never lasts or stays clean. The prices just keep going up..sigh.

I probably will collect this series. I think it is really cute. I do wish there was no rubber on some of the pins though.

I completely agree. At least the whole series isn't infected with the pvc, just a couple of them. And not the better ones either(IMO, take no offense aurora and jasmine collectors, please)

I have a Mulan one coming to me, I couldn't resist. Is it pre-scented or scratch-n-sniff?

It is pre scented, Im not sure how long the smell will last though, it has the hole in the plastic that it hangs from, so you can smell the rose scent from the hole..

It is pre scented, Im not sure how long the smell will last though, it has the hole in the plastic that it hangs from, so you can smell the rose scent from the hole..

Thanks. Now the question is, put in plastic to retain the smell or what? Decisions decisions!

I'm glad it's just the card that is scented. Even tho I am a nut about pins being on their original cards. I have a bad feeling the cards will start to stink with time!! Scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls from the 80's anyone??!!!! Those things smelled horrid after a couple of years.

What happened to the Cinderella one? The concept art shows classic Cinderella and a nice pumpkin vine. The actual pin has "new" Cinderella and....two.....leaves?? Not a fan of the "new" versions. The Aurora one doesn't even look like her to me.

At first I was very excited about this series. They hadn't really done any good perfume bottles before, that I actually liked. So I had high hopes that this series would be beautiful all together, maybe even worthy of their own frame.

However, I've been extremely disappointed by the execution. The colors of the ones I've seen are just not that pretty. Cinderella for example- two clashing shades of blue, dark purple, and a splash of light green, with a yellow top? And the designs of the shapes of the bottles leave a lot to be desired. The plaque that holds Cinderella's picture is way too big, proportion-wise, and it doesn't appear to be round. I've never seen a round perfume bottle with a giant, flat plaque attached to it like that. For a series that they added the FREE-D element in order to make them look 3D, they sure do come out looking flat. And Cinderella's bottle is not the only one that I think is, frankly, just ugly.

I do love the scented backer cards idea. Genius, really, because if you like them, then you can keep them, but if you don't like them, you can get rid of them. I very specifically did not collect the Toy Story 3 Strawberry Scented Lotso Bear pin, because I did not want the rest of the pins in my pin box to smell funny. Although I did appreciate the effort into making a unique pin, and I'm glad that he exists, as long as it's in other people's pin bags.

I think Starry Solo is on to something with putting them in plastic bags. Not only so that they retain their smell, but also to keep their smell away from the other pins. And because they each have their own scent, I would need to keep each one in a separate bag.

One more note, the backer cards are very pretty. I wish the pins themselves were done more in this pastel, soft, and flowery style.

Last edited:
I got the Mulan, I can smell the card at all, and no one in my family could either so I know it's not my cold, but I hope to collect them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got myself the Mulan of this series already and another for trade. I can't smell ANYTHING and neither could anyone I asked. One person even scratced at it thinking it was scratch and sniff, but still nothing.

I don't particularly like the design, I thought the scent was a really cute idea (if it had worked?) but the bottle looks awkward and doesn't remind me or make me think of a perfume bottle. It makes me think of an urn if anything. I still got it because I ADORE Mulan pins that don't have her hair pulled back in her kimono outfits. It surprised me because it looks like a really girly collection.

All in all I'm pretty happy with my Mulan pin, but not impressed by the card or pin design. I don't mean to be cynical, but I was kind of let down after getting excited over a new series for this year.

I hope the scents aren't terrible. Some perfumes give me headaches if they are strong. I plan on putting them into baggies to isolate the scent!

I purchased the Mulan pin and was able to smell a light floral scent. I will be purchasing all pins in the series, and I was personally pleasantly surprised at how well the Mulan pin is designed.

I saw the Mulan bottle today at the Frontier Trading Post at the MK. It was still it's wrapper and I couldn't smell anything. I'm pretty sensitive to most smells. Pretty pin but I thought it was kind of small in size.

I have family at WDW right now, and hopefully she was able to pick me up one... Mostly I am hoping to be able to trade it, for the Belle one when it comes out :lol:

Save your $$ Becky, as long as it comes out by October, I can get you one for cost.

Ok, image of the actual Mulan pin, front and back.

attachment.php

Mulan in the little circle's, pin on pin element. Entire pin is gold finish. The card is definitely very LIGHTLY scented in a soft rose perfume. The pin comes in clear plastic, I assume to keep the scent in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back