• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Slow loading & glitches?

Slow loading & glitches?

frozenlanterns

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've suddenly been unable to upload pictures (from photobucket) or edit threads. Tried to do both on Safari and Chrome, as well as a MacBook and PC.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Last edited:
Yeah, you have to put the links in.. Also, if you want to edit right click the edit button and press open in new tab (you have to retype the message, or you can copy and paste) for now until it is fixed.

I am aware of these glitches, but unfortunately Cicada is the only one who can fix these upgrades. While I am an admin, I don't have access to system upgrades/overhauls and the like (I just can handle day-to-day things); the problems the forum is having are above my pay grade. I have attempted to reach out to Cicada and would encourage all of you to do the same.

Update, I sent a PM to Cicada through FB this am with link to thread. He said he will.check it out and post an update.

Yeah, I'm trying to start a sales thread and having a heck of a time getting it to turn out right. I'm not sure what to do, but hope I can figure it out soon

Thanks for contacting him on Facebook, Starry. Judy, I would have done it myself, but as was correctly stated, I don't have an account.

To everyone else: I am aware of the problem and am as frustrated with it as all of you. If I could have fixed it, I would have done, but this is something only Cicada can do. As was posted above, he said he will check it out and post an update shortly.

is this problem also causing login glitches? Past 2 dys I have had to run through login sequence several times (name/password) to get logged in. Maybe cause I'm currently in Southern Hemisphere haha

I've managed several other vBulletin installations, and still manage one today with 1750+ members. I'm very willing to help if Cicada needs any assistance.

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the late response.

I've upgraded vB4 to the latest version and did some maintenance on the database.

Apparently the old vB version was using some functions that have been deprecated with new versions of php (which our host has upgraded to the latest version(s) over the years), so that seems to be what was causing the errors.

Hopefully everything is sorted out now and running well!

'
Hi Guys,

Apologies for the late response.

I've upgraded vB4 to the latest version and did some maintenance on the database.

Apparently the old vB version was using some functions that have been deprecated with new versions of php (which our host has upgraded to the latest version(s) over the years), so that seems to be what was causing the errors.

Hopefully everything is sorted out now and running well!
:tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger:

Back