• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Slow Packages from the UK to the USA - is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow Packages from the UK to the USA - is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

leopardpolkadotspots

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
172   0   0

I have been trading a lot this year and just recently, from March, I have noticed that a lot of my parcels sent from the UK to the USA have been taking forever to get to their destination. One rogue one took 2 days two weeks ago, whereas some have been arriving within 1-2weeks and the worst, which are the majority, have been taking upto and over a month to arrive!!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem - either you have sent the package or the receipient?

Its really strange as the packages I have been receiving from the USA have been delivered really quickly.

Maybe I need to change my post office if nobody else is having this problem as they have been under new owners during the past couple of months?

Typical UK to US delivery for me is working out at about 7 working days, don't forget to allow for the Easter break both sides of the pond. I sent a trade yesterday so I'll let you know how long that takes.

Before my vacation things were taking a little longer, also the bad weather in certain parts of the US is not helping things.

You probably are, but remember to fill out the customs label correctly & also mark the LBE with "Small Packet" & use the Air-mail option!! I know that some passenger aircraft are now not taking mail cargo on-board due to the security aspects

Thanks Chris. I know that I definitely do not have messy handwriting so it cannot be a "can't read" job lol !

But it seems to be with the majority of my parcels. I use the same post office, as well. I normally post within 2-3 days of making the trade, sometimes on the day depending on Uni, but it is just getting ridiculous.

We have had a funny old month this month what with the mental amount of bank holidays in the uk. I seem to get them from the us in about 7 - 8 working days. I know it's stressful waiting and receiving but as long as they get there I don't worry too much.

Thank god I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

I have been online trading for about a year and a half now, and normally my packages have been arriving to the USA within a week, now they are taking a whole month, just like you said, Roxane. Its ridiculous! And this is before the 4 Bank Holidays for this month.

im havin mixed fortunes with postage one took 2 days to get to the us and others are pushin a month,its the same for pins comin to the uk its been takin 2 to 4 weeks to recieve pins.
on another note have you noticed how much postage has increased recentley to post to the US

Hi Daxsmith, yes, to post one pin yesterday to the USA it was over £2 and it was only a small pin! Ridiculous. I have been re-using packages and cutting them down to fit the custom labels.

I keep getting bombarded with emails from traders in the USA asking where their pins are; I have posted them on time but our system is ridiculously slow, do you think that they are sending the packages to the USA by boat - possibly man powered hahaha!

when I last sent a parcel out to the US the lady in the post office did say something to be about parcels taking longer than usual at the moment because of increased security checks. I'm thinking that because pins are basically shiny metal they are going to come up as suspcious on xrays so that might account for the longer transit times! Although, my more cynical thought is that they are being sent by boat and we are getting charged for airmail all so the Royal Mail can increase its profit margin, but I'm sure that couldn't possibly be the case :)

I am finding that it is slower going both ways, but not slow enough for packages to go by boat.

I'll ask when I am in the Post office next time and see what they say.

The average can be two weeks if its sooner its a bonus but its always been the same. On average mine take about 7 days to both coasts but in january I had packages go snail mail despite paying for air mail so go figure
Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back