• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Some Quick Advice Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Quick Advice Needed!

Masamune

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
In an effort to cut down on my non-collection pins, I decided to start adding almost every single pin that's on my Owns list that ISN'T part of any of my collections to my Trades list. :sad: I've just stopped after about 30 pins though, as I'm not sure if it's worth doing. My non-collection pins are mainly Core pins that have more people trading them than wanting them.

In your opinion, do you think it's worth me clogging up my Trades list with undesirable Core pins, or shouldn't I bother?

My personal opinion is yes, because i for one am a new trader and are doing small trades at the mo until i get a nice collection lol so i would put them up :)

I try to keep a few harder to find core pins as well as CM or "speciality" pins in my list, it never hurts to be able to through a wanted but not absolutely needed pin in on a deal
Would you agree to a Le 1000 for an LE 2000? Maybe,
would you do the same trade with a slightly harder to find addition of rack xxxx, especially if it is a widely sought type or character, or off your wants list too.
I dont collect tink, but I keep the rareir tinks I find even racks, becuase some many folks do trade her, a older or rarier core pins become LE through Attrition, ok there was 10000 in 2002 , its ten yrs later, how many are they making now? Each yr those core beauties get closer to being valuable. Ie try the Villian series from villian store ala late nineties, cant find it and would trade le 1000 for it in a flash!!!
Now if its a HM or a core pin with 100 + trading, maybe not!!! But less than 30, ummm how many thousands on these comp pinboards??? You do the math1!!!!!
just long winded opinion!!

I agree - I've been collecting pins for a few years now, but i've never bothered to collect pins that didn't interest me because I wasn't trading. I've only traded once (thanks Judy!) and only have rack pins to trade, so until I can build up more it's nice to see pins that are obtainable at a beginner level :)

What if you end up being the ONE person that answers when a trade is requested? I think you should do it. It never hurts. I sometimes look for those types of pins because my kids like and want them. You never know!

Many thanks for the advice guys. Just because there's more people trading than wanting certain pins, I guess it doesn't mean that the pin in question is totally worthless. And with the function of this Forum and on PinPics where you can easily compare the Wants and Traders of people, I guess it won't hurt to have a bigger list of traders.

@ Spiffie - I always reply to trade requests, even if it's just to politely decline. The only time I've not answered trade requests has been when I've been ill. So yes, that's a very good point indeed. :)

yay add them lol u already have a dalmation core pin that matches my wants just nothing to trade with u ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back