Somebody stole 13,000 dollars of pins from DLR

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by akarih, Mar 11, 2019.

1. akarih

akarih Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Think about all those booster packs, ect. on eBay. They're all boosted from the parks, unless they're scrappers.

cyke23 and krand1276 like this.
  3. akarih

akarih Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Lol but they were all rack pins on backers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

I said boosters for the bit, but they're all the same. I'm always hesitant to purchase new pins on eBay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. JumpInTheDPin

JumpInTheDPin pinpics: SuitcaseAndDream

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

That's like 12 Maleficent profiles, or a couple dozen overvalued villain cuties.

6. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    173   0   0

Glad someone posted the link to the story. Everyone always asks, "How can people sell new pins so cheap?" Now you know. And it's not, just one guy. There are networks out there. I know in the LEGO world, drug dealers will get their addict customers to do the stealing (and assume the risk of getting busted) and then they flip for cash.

He can join the two guys busted for counterfeit pins in "pin trading infamy." But it's a reminder that there are a lot of shady characters in the pin world.

7. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Well... That's ONE Way to get stock for your Flea Market booth or your Auction site store!! LOL ;)

Seriously though, there are SO MANY illegal ways to obtain legitimate Disney Merchandise to sell, it's scary!! :(

8. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

9. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Sounds to me like an inside job. Some cast member is sweating bullets. Probably even quit when this hit the news.

Makes ya wonder.

10. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

All I can think is wow, if this is what was found in his car I wonder how much was collectively amassed/sold prior to this...