• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Special pin trading mornings at DLR on Main street with staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special pin trading mornings at DLR on Main street with staff?

DaddyDaughterPins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
During our October trip to Disneyland we walked in one morning at opening and Main Street was lined with what appeared to be resort staff/management each wearing one mickey hand (giving fives) and lanyards full of trading pins. When I say lined, I mean maybe 2 feet of space between each person - both sides of the street just packed. It was a pin traders dream!

Unfortunately it was our last day and we were on a mission to ride Splash Mountain so we had time to dry off before we went to the airport... and didn't have our pins on us.

We are heading to DLR again in August and will spend 2-3 days in the park out of our 6 days in Anahiem. I'd like to know if it is possible to plan to be there one of these mornings. Does this happen often? Monthly, weekly? Are they scheduled?

Thanks for your help!

It seems to be kind of random.

Often the line up is all newer CM's getting used to guest interaction from what I have seen.

A certain times every day there are more lanyards out, about 1 hour before a parade of fireworks, right when the park opens and usually for a special event type thing.

There was a day early in December where there were about six cast members with lanyards standing in front of the castle with a pin board as well! It was a beautiful sight. They should do that more often. I miss the pin board carts of the early pin trading events of years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back