• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

td and collectibles, my dpins and collectibles,local pin shops in Florida and California

td and collectibles, my dpins and collectibles,local pin shops in Florida and California

AUTiger24

AUtiger24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a question about the local pin shops in Orlando and California that aren't on disney property and seperate from Disney. Are My DPins and collectibles and the shops in florida very reputable to buy pins from if someone in the know could help? thanks

My D Pins is very reputable. They also sell space in their shops so they can't guarantee authenticity for those pins.

As you enter the store, all of My D Pins' cases are on the left side of the store.
The people they sell space to is on the right side of the store.

I can't say anything re: TD Collectibles in FL, though, as I've never been. But they are one of four (or six) US based Artland retailers.

Last edited:
I have bought pins from My DPins a few times. Their store seems reputable to me, but I am not a Anahiem insider so others may know more/different.

I concur. MyD is very reputable; pins sold from other people are buyer beware though from the visits I've done to the shop I don't recall seeing any egregious scrappers. The individual sellers get to set their own prices AFAIK so you would want to look up prices for pins you are interested in to make sure you don't overpay.

I cannot speak to TD Collectibles. I have not had the chance to check them out in my visits to Florida. They appear to sell legit pins and other merch (like Pinfolo bags).

The other souvenir shops around Disney World are to be avoided. Many of them sell what appear to be cheap park and other LE pins but they are all scrappers and fakes. Notoriously bad scrappers and fakes, like fake Beauty and the Beast Stitch Crashes on the wrong backer card and bad coloring all over.

MyD pins is great. They sell legit, reputable pins at good prices. They are professional and lovely to deal with. I have been there and the store is a treasure trove of pop culture and not just Disney pins. They have rental space that is not their merchandise but I have heard they look for obvious fakes to make sure people aren’t selling them out of their shop.

TD collectibles on the other hand have a history of problematic behavior. They have sold many scrappers and when people ask they say how could they know and they are “tradable” because a cast member doesn’t say no even though they aren’t authentic. They become rude and aggressive if called out on behavior. They have also sold fantasy pins using Mickey heads on the back on authentic cards to make them look like real pins. They only advertised them as fantasy when called out for not stating as such. I would recommend staying away.

Last edited:
MyD pins is great. They sell legit, reputable pins at good prices. They are professional and great to deal with. I have been there and the store a treasure trove of pop culture and not just Disney pins. They have rental space that is not their merchandise but I have heard they look for obvious fakes to make sure people aren’t selling them out of their shop.

TD collectibles on the other hand have a history of problematic behavior. They have sold many scrappers and when people ask they say how could they know and they are “tradable” because a cast member doesn’t say no even though they aren’t authentic. They become rude and aggressive if called out on behavior. They have also sold fantasy pins using Mickey heads on the back on authentic cards to make them look like real pins. They only advertised them as fantasy when called out for not stating as such. I would recommend staying away.
Yes, I remember that. Multiple designs of different characters wearing COVID masks, with Mickey head backstamps and on Disney Parks replica cards. A casual collector would think they were legit Disney pins. There were Facebook posts of people who bought them asking if they were legit pins and being disappointed to find out they were fantasy. That was pretty shady. No reason to do the backstamp and cards unless you were actively trying to deceive people.

I have yet to find a shop in Florida that I feel doesn't sell scrappers. Even if they're not buying them directly from China themselves, they're taking in "collections" that are full of them. And I know at least one of them in Kissimmee is doing the thing where they purchase new pins/mystery boxes directly from the factories in China and sell them at 50%. They tried to spin me some line about it being Disney selling them overstock (and that they had some kind of license), but I call BS on that. For one thing, why would brand new releases have overstock? And second of all, Disney has their own outlets. This was like, 10 years ago, when we were just catching on to the fact that the factories were going a step further than scrappers, and were, in fact, running off extras of fully packed merch to sell out the back door.

Anyway, I can't remember the name, but it was the one inside the flea market. They actually had some good legit pins, too- some WDI and stuff. But I never felt right about going back after seeing them unboxing the illegal stuff.

I wish we had a Frank & Sons equivalent over here...

They tried to spin me some line about it being Disney selling them overstock (and that they had some kind of license), but I call BS on that. For one thing, why would brand new releases have overstock? And second of all, Disney has their own outlets. This was like, 10 years ago, when we were just catching on to the fact that the factories were going a step further than scrappers, and were, in fact, running off extras of fully packed merch to sell out the back door.
Oh I love how they try to use this excuse. I see this a lot from any seller who gets their pins direct from the factory, "Oh don't worry, I have a license to sell from Disney", oh really? How does one go about acquiring such a license? Or I've also heard them trying to spin how scrappers are perfectly acceptable, official Disney pins, just that Disney didn't deem them as sellable in their stores, and so the resellers are ALLOWED to sell them instead. Uh huh...

MyDPins is awesome. I was just there 1.5 weeks ago and spent a ton of money. The several pin vendors at Frank & Sons are great, although 1 definitely had scrappers mixed with authentic, and there are a million other collectible things in there so it’s a paradise for collectibles/collectors. In FL, I really liked Booster Packs and Beyond at a flea market (the one with food trucks) on 192, but they closed during the pandemic. I messaged them recently, and supposedly they‘ll be back in the fall at a new location. TD Collectibles was okay; I think they‘re in Winter Garden now. I lIke Character Corner on 192…variety of pins, but I cant tell if their cheapo pin section by the cashier has scrappers or not. The other stores on 192 have bad pins, but I like browsing all those inexpensive Disney souvenir shops. The Walmart on Vineland and W Osceola has licensed Disney pins.

Back