• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL The Original’grails’

GRAIL The Original’grails’

-em

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Recently I’ve stumbled upon pins for sale for crazy low that for many years were some of the hardest pins to trade for hence ‘original grails’

so I’m pondering trying to track down more of them as a salute to ‘history lost’ and a fun ‘peacock lanyard’ at the Epcot pin event..

But I’m coming up short on what else was coveted as a parks release (avoiding Disney auctions)

so far I have
Angry Donald
Flubber
Silver Jail Scene
Wet Paint
Monorail caution signs
Cast hitchhiking ghosts
Cast monorail Mickey Surprise
20,000 leagues POH

Any I’m missing?

You hit the ones that immediately come to my mind. The only other one that stands out to me is the Maleficent gift from the Diva event. But not sure you had pins like that in mind.

But more importantly, Where are you finding these pins at crazy low prices?!

Being at the newer end (only 6 years into trading), I am curious about the pins in the list (I am not familiar with these grails from years past.) Any chance of a pin number for the grails above? :)

Events
WDAC Haunted Mansion Dangle
Gold Jail Scene
Haunted Mansion Dead End
WDCC Pirates Dangle

Parks
Tuxedo Figment
Mickey for President
Haunted Mansion E-ticket (or any of the E-ticket series, minus Splash)
Inauguration Day Surprise
DLR Media Pin Trading Pin PP726
DLR Pin Trading Pin
WDW Pin Trading Pin

There are probably more I'm forgetting.

And yes, please send some of these "grails for cheap" my way, lol.

Agree with that Malie dragon one also being an oldtimer grail.

What about: Pin# 726 Disneyland Pin Trading Press Pin or the early Scoop pins? Weren't those crazy coveted back in the day?

EDIT: lol figures hopemax beat me to it while I was looking up the PP number. I was also trying to remember which was the super-hard Figment and knew there was another Mickey one I was forgetting but hopemax got it - Mickey for President.

Oh! The NBC Haunted Mansion Event Stained Glass gift pins.

Tinker Bell COM Gold Frame. The first "overnight, camp out for pins" release, I think.

Many years ago, I did a similar thread, but I used photos and that was old pinpics, so the links are all broken, but a couple others mentioned were

Minnie Born to Shop
Haunted Mansion Trash Can
MSEP Spinner
DCL Poolside Mickey
DL PotC Event Skeleton at Ships Wheel Dangle
DLP Pumpkin (Paris' first ODPT pin)

and the one you suggested, Master Gracey WDW 999 Happy Haunts Event Fireplace.

Ooh I had forgotten several of those- we thought of a few more recent ish ones-
Chip and dale popcorn
Fantasmic hidden Mickey
I was there 50th
Club 33 door
Original attraction Donald/jungle cruise

Few I doubt I’ll come across at a reasonable cost (like Mali diva- or the mansion ones) but several others listed sold under $20 on eBay fairly recently-

I’m finding them mainly on Facebook when people flip lots they bought and they clearly don’t understand ‘old pins’... one I listed I just got for $12 shipped- another I listed I traded for a rack pin at the last event-

Ooh I had forgotten several of those- we thought of a few more recent ish ones-
Chip and dale popcorn
Fantasmic hidden Mickey
I was there 50th
Club 33 door
Original attraction Donald/jungle cruise

Few I doubt I’ll come across at a reasonable cost (like Mali diva- or the mansion ones) but several others listed sold under $20 on eBay fairly recently-

I’m finding them mainly on Facebook when people flip lots they bought and they clearly don’t understand ‘old pins’... one I listed I just got for $12 shipped- another I listed I traded for a rack pin at the last event-
If y'all ever go to a pin event at WDW, be sure to check out the traders with the super old beat up books. Many of them will have these kinds of old "grail" pins that get overlooked while people are looking for shiny new WDI and DSSH pins. The owners are usually very happy to trade and get new pins out of it and have been very kind and generous in my experience. I've gotten so many authentic hidden mickey pins that have been faked to a pulp simply by taking my time looking through the less assuming books. But also yeah, keeping an eye on casual pin trading groups on facebook will often yield interesting results.

Sigh. Still hoping the old Walt pin I'm looking for (PP #14631 in my sig) will show up someday. I've gotten close twice - both times at the Florida event where I found someone who said "yes, I have that at home - I can bring it tomorrow." I gave my contact info and they never showed or contacted me. *headdesk* And even that was a few years back. Still never seen it in person. It's probably sitting in people's books from 20 years ago but I still can't find it after all these years of looking. :(

Haunted Mansion, which most commonly was known by its Pin Pics #1799, is the first that comes to mind (which already hasn't been mentioned). I'll add more as I think of them.

Sigh. Still hoping the old Walt pin I'm looking for (PP #14631 in my sig) will show up someday. I've gotten close twice - both times at the Florida event where I found someone who said "yes, I have that at home - I can bring it tomorrow." I gave my contact info and they never showed or contacted me. *headdesk* And even that was a few years back. Still never seen it in person. It's probably sitting in people's books from 20 years ago but I still can't find it after all these years of looking. :(
Do you have a picture or the year sold of the Walt pin 14631 you are looking for. I'll look for it. Collected several hundreds of pins between 2000-2004. Most in 2001.

Marty

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

I found a picture of 14631. Sorry I have ones from his 100 yr and others, but they are from 00-04 time. Happy hunting & Good luck!

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Back