• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

This website is getting really bad with all the ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
This website is getting really bad with all the ads

Damiens pins

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
This website is getting really bad for ads every time I'm trying to click on something it seems to always bring up adds which are becoming a bit rude I'm having ads with women in bikinis and erectaul problems which isn't very nice and I don't go on these sites and don't wish for them to come up either im using this site on my iPad and I'm even struggling to write as my keyboard doesn't seem to want to write any thing and having to refresh the page I thought it was being moved to a different server to get rid off these issues any one else getting annoyed as me? I love this place but it is starting to make me not want to be on here any more till this issues are fixed sorry for rant any thoughts from any body else?

Last edited:
Same, I'm getting super fast at closing them though, gotta beat peering eyes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Starry_solo had mentioned in another thred what she uses for her phone. Pop-up blockers work really well( app and computer) Tapatalk App doesn't have the pop-up ads just it's regular ads in between threds, but you still have to log in the webpage for iTrader.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Starry_solo had mentioned in another thred what she uses for her phone. Pop-up blockers work really well( app and computer) Tapatalk App doesn't have the pop-up ads just it's regular ads in between threds, but you still have to log in the webpage for iTrader.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks to bookhugger for the original suggestion.

For those on mobile devices, including Kindle, iPad, etc., download the app called "Free Adblock Browser." Then, use it to open DPF and it'll work great!

I use it only for DPF. For other sites, I still use the Chrome browser that was originally on my phone.

I don't seem to be having any popup/ ad problems. I suggest that people use Google Chrome as their browser and install an ad blocker. I use Tapatalk on my phone and I have no problems on that.

...there are ads on this site?

Man, my husband must have installed one hell of an ad blocker. I don't even get notifications or notice anything getting blocked.

We shouldn't have to download ad blockers or use special apps for DPF though, why can't this issue be fixed?

From Cicada, in the "Pop Ups are Back" Thread

Hi All,

I've been out of town for the last week, I did take a look at it, and it seems the old fixes have not done anything to remedy the situation.

As in the "forum upgrade" thread, I have purchased the license for the new software, but it will take a while to transition and port everything over, assuming there are no hiccups. I will be working on that soon, and during the transition, DPF will be down/inacessible for anywhere from a day to 3 or 4 days, if there are problems that arise.

When the forum is moved to new software, we should have all posts and accounts available, but permissions and other features will need to be re-set up, and that will take some time, so there will be growing pains! But, the forum should function much faster, and be much less prone to the issues of the old VB4 software we've been plagued with for the better part of a year now :eek:

We shouldn't have to download ad blockers or use special apps for DPF though, why can't this issue be fixed?
From my understanding , based on Cicada's (Site manager) posting , the website is hosted on very old software . There's no real way to upgrade the existing format to remove them , it'll require migrating to a new format . This costs money , much more than the current version . Hence the fundraising .
Once that happens it'll be a new and improved DPF but I'm not aware how well fundraising is actually going right now , last I remember it was slightly under half way there .
For now I've installed a free Android ad blocker and I'm pop-up free :)

The Adblocker plus chrome extension is a must if your using a desktop. Otherwise, I recommend using Tapatalk as your mobile friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back