• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Through despair and hope, I introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through despair and hope, I introduce myself

Ryu Kazama

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Not one for intros but special case this time. Mostly here to lurk for info on the Limited Edition dolls. Sadly I do not own any, but I always kept meaning to pick up the Tangled Ever After one. Was deeply disappointed I missed the Frozen set a few months ago (legit, I want to cry like a little girl), so now I will do my best to at least get the next version of Elsa, fingers crossed!

My favourite Disney movie is The Lion King, and it pretty much is one of my favourite movies of all time, too. Aladdin as well. And Tangled. Might as well throw Mulan in the mix, too.

I don't collect pins (sorry ,but then who knows), and my Disney collection is relatively small with a few DVDs/BluRays and the odd Swarovski Simba figurine. I do however collect video games (not Disney unless you count Kingdom Hearts there), which aware users may recognise my name from other forums.

Bonus: I learnt half of the Cantonese version of 'I'll Make a Man Out of You' and decided to sing in Cantonese (and English) in karaoke one time with my buddies (who speak Cantonese). My accent sucked but hey, they were still impressed.

Hi!
I'm a newbie as well XD
And like you I don't collect pins either. I'm all about the dolls :)
At least the Tangled Ever After doll is relatively easy to get - even sometimes around the retail price.
I wish you the best on getting Elsa.
Are you trying to get her when she's released in Europe?

Hi!
I'm a newbie as well XD
And like you I don't collect pins either. I'm all about the dolls :)
At least the Tangled Ever After doll is relatively easy to get - even sometimes around the retail price.
I wish you the best on getting Elsa.
Are you trying to get her when she's released in Europe?

It's around the £120 mark (based in UK) so more than retail. I do feel bad as I remember picking the box up in store on release but thought "Naaaah".

Yep, will try and secure Elsa day one. Really sucks there's only 500 for EU alone, so the chances are super slim! Will need to camp on Disney Store site. Hopefully the price of the Snow Queen one settles down in time, too. Hopefully...

It's around the £120 mark (based in UK) so more than retail. I do feel bad as I remember picking the box up in store on release but thought "Naaaah".

Yep, will try and secure Elsa day one. Really sucks there's only 500 for EU alone, so the chances are super slim! Will need to camp on Disney Store site. Hopefully the price of the Snow Queen one settles down in time, too. Hopefully...
Yes, the 500 for Europe was an unfair number.
I know that they made the number smaller, because it look them longer to sell out in Europe than in the US, but seriously.... 500 our of 5000 ? They should have at least given Europe 1000 out of the 5000.

This is the reason why I had to pre-order on the US site - since Denmark can't order from any of the other European sites (incl. the UK site) and I felt quite sure that the UK would get the biggest amount of dolls and then France the second (having Disney World and all). Denmark will probably get 2 of each if they're lucky. :rolleyes:
aaand Asia getting zero...
Of course I'm having my dolls sent from the US to Japan - since getting things from the US to the EU is like import tax suicide....

Yes, the 500 for Europe was an unfair number.
I know that they made the number smaller, because it look them longer to sell out in Europe than in the US, but seriously.... 500 our of 5000 ? They should have at least given Europe 1000 out of the 5000.

This is the reason why I had to pre-order on the US site - since Denmark can't order from any of the other European sites (incl. the UK site) and I felt quite sure that the UK would get the biggest amount of dolls and then France the second (having Disney World and all). Denmark will probably get 2 of each if they're lucky. :rolleyes:
aaand Asia getting zero...
Of course I'm having my dolls sent from the US to Japan - since getting things from the US to the EU is like import tax suicide....

A shame you have to do that. Ends up costing more for the shipping.

Already seeing scalpers for the March set. Sad times.

Man, those new prices of the Harrods Frozen set are insane! I'd pay the retail price but not over triple that, yeeesh!

A shame you have to do that. Ends up costing more for the shipping.

Already seeing scalpers for the March set. Sad times.
True... but looking up the previous dolls on the Danish Disney store, their retail price was 150 USD, plus the shipping from the Danish Disney store costs 15 USD. Together that would be 315 USD for the two dolls and a much smaller chance to actually get them. We paid 270 USD for the two dolls from the US store.
Overall it's all about being in a bad location when it comes to collecting. People outside the US and UK have a harder time, also because even if I find dolls for a good price on ebay (it sometimes happens XD), the shipping itself, both from the US and UK is too expensive. Most people charge 60 pounds for shipping from the UK to Denmark. So I'm only buying the dolls on Japanese auctions - though they're a bit harder to come by.

And yes, the Harrolds set is untouchable. Though I never really wanted in the first place to be honest, I'm happy with the regular set. Also because I plan on pairing them up differently. (I want to put Snow Queen Elsa next to Snow gear Anna and the two Coronation dolls next to each other).

I've actually looked on YHJ for the SQ Elsa. 45k Yen heh!

I'd prefer the singles at a reasonable price but don't mind splashing the original price for the Harrods set. I am a slight sucker for exclusives (games are my main thing so exclusives are EVERYWHERE!)

I've actually looked on YHJ for the SQ Elsa. 45k Yen heh!

I'd prefer the singles at a reasonable price but don't mind splashing the original price for the Harrods set. I am a slight sucker for exclusives (games are my main thing so exclusives are EVERYWHERE!)
Yes, the 45,000 yen dolls have been there for a few weeks. I bought my two dolls for 60,000 yen. Still expensive - but that's the price you pay for being late in the collection game. At least it's half the price of what it's being sold for on ebay. Latest set of the 2 dolls sold for 1,200 USD on ebay 0.o

Do you speak Japanese? Just curious (also since your screen name is Japanese).

Last edited:
少しわかります、でもあまり上手じゃありません。

I'm studying it a bit here and there. Not fluent at all and my kanji is...terrible to say the least!

It seems like you like Japan :)
日本語の勉強を頑張って下さい。(にほんごのべんきょうをがんばってください)

A little bit, heh. Import a few games, figures etc. Also went there a few years ago (and of course, to Tokyo Disney Land!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back