• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tried my hand at selling on eBay...*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried my hand at selling on eBay...*sigh*
So, the guy is complaining because he didn't get enough variety and because they weren't all in individual bags? That. Is. Stupid. If there weren't any duplicates, then you can't complain about "not enough variety".
I was kinda uneasy about the whole jewelry bag thing because when I sell individual pins I always put them in bags. Should I stop that? They aren't scrappers because I only sell pins I buy directly from Disney, but I don't want people thinking they are because they come in a bag.

Personal preference. I won't trade with people I see pulling pins out of baggies.

Sadly I have seen it first hand trading at the parks people know their pins are fake and still continue to buy them and trade them. Often to resell the real ones for profit. One of the things I very much dislike. But then they give their fakes to their little kids and have them ask for pins knowing the table trades usually will give a real pin away to a kid. Grr. One girl I reluctantly let her trade off my kids book for some booster set pin I had just added. Then she asked for another booster pin and I told her I'm sorry I don't want to trade anymore your pins are fake. She's says "oh I know." *jaw drop* I told her to undo the first trade and she just left. Pissed me off something royal that day!

:lol: I can't help but laugh at this. What a narrow-minded person this eBayer must be! As some people have already advised, you're best off just refunding them and getting your pins back.

After reading your thread, and the replies, I would like to add that you've rec'd some good advice.

So, sorry to hear that this happened to you. I do hope that you are able to get this resolved in a civil manner.

Please don't let this one incident discourage you.

Good Luck!!

Personal preference. I won't trade with people I see pulling pins out of baggies.

When you say baggies, do you mean the little ones they come in? I ask as I put all my trader pins, on cards or cardboard, in mini ziplocks I get at JoAnn's Crafts to help protect metal on metal dings.

So...here is the update. I am trying to avoid negative feedback so they are picking through the ones that want, sending back the ones they don't want, and I will replace the amount that they send back to me. And whatever they get, they get. They are blocked. What a waste of time. Ugh.

So...here is the update. I am trying to avoid negative feedback so they are picking through the ones that want, sending back the ones they don't want, and I will replace the amount that they send back to me. And whatever they get, they get. They are blocked. What a waste of time. Ugh.

:facepalm: That is nuts. I am glad though you are getting it resolved. I'm sorry you have to go through this crap. I agree, sell your stuff on here! I'll buy some of your pins!

That is truely crazy! I would not allow them to pick and choose. All or nothing! Have them send them all back! They should pay the return shipping!

You're super nice. I realize that eBay feedback is important but eBay is also really good (at least in the cases I've dealt with regarding clothing I've bought or sold) about not letting negative feedback stay if it is not deserved. I hope you are making them pay more shipping! Isn't the point of a random lot to get random ones? Also, aren't you worried about not getting your original pins back? That would be my biggest concern. I would also send them back a duplicate or two of what they choose to keep. I know that sounds mean but I really can't stand people getting taken advantage off which is exactly what this person is doing because they know you don't want negative feedback!

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. Some people know how important good feedback on eBay is and will take advantage of the situation. Don't let it discourage you though...plenty of good and fair buyer/sellers out there

Hi, Stacey,

i am new here, but I wanted to let you know that I am sorry to hear about your crappy buyer. I have had good and bad experiences buying pins on eBay and I cherish every honest pin seller I find! You would have made my "favorite sellers" list in a heartbeat. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

You're super nice. I realize that eBay feedback is important but eBay is also really good (at least in the cases I've dealt with regarding clothing I've bought or sold) about not letting negative feedback stay if it is not deserved. I hope you are making them pay more shipping! Isn't the point of a random lot to get random ones? Also, aren't you worried about not getting your original pins back? That would be my biggest concern. I would also send them back a duplicate or two of what they choose to keep. I know that sounds mean but I really can't stand people getting taken advantage off which is exactly what this person is doing because they know you don't want negative feedback!

I would do that if I was nice enough to let them return some pins. This is why I wont sell on ebay. I don't have the patience for the people on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back