• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Triple Zapped!!!! D8

ZAPPED! Triple Zapped!!!! D8

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
First off, I would like to say THANK YOU too EVERYONE on this forum! You have all been so kind and welcoming, and in just a moment, you'll read how much I needed that.

But before that! I want to send out a HUGE!!!!!!! Thank you for my THREE zaps today! One of which just blew me out of the water!

The first one I opened was this:
1-25B_zpsee8121c0.jpg

Let's just say that when I opened it, my roommate rushed into my room because he though I had just stabbed my foot because I had gasped so big! I was absolutely floored! This is one that I've always wanted, as I simply ~love~ this kind of pin. I just couldn't believe it! And the card was soooo sweet! :3 So, a MAJOR thank you to Okiepinokei2 for that VERY kind zap. I shall treasure it always. :3

The next one I opened:
1-25A_zps7cf2d7e7.jpg

And I again gasped (but my roommie was prepared for it). I absolutely adore this series and can't wait to collect it all, so this was an AWESOME way to start the set!!! Thank you ~so~ much to the Goofy Moe's Super Bowl Zap (headed by Lucan44, I believe) for this! I'm so super excited about it. :3

And finally, the one that took my breath away:
1-25C_zps54a61f03.jpg

Rasputin. Just....Rasputin.... I don't even....

I cried... I just cried. It was so sweet, and so special. He had already agreed to trade for some of them, then he told me he sent them out. So, when I get his package, I'm like "Oh yay! The carousel pins from a;dsjfa;sjfcv;ansd;a;sjdf;akjd;fsjfjas;fkja;~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!! *tears pour freely*

I've loved this set since I first saw them. And now I only need two more (which shall be rectified shortly as I have them in my scope on eBay for le cheap). I just can't believe the generosity..

Now, to take the mood down a bit (only to bring it back up 10 fold). I've had a really long and hard week. Well, three months actually. On November 2nd, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. It was definitely that he wasn't going to beat it, so it was just a matter of time. When I joined DPF, about a week and a half now I think, he was getting really bad. Like ~really~ bad. And I needed an outlet. I need a distraction. So I joined the forum and just dove it. I was greeted with such kindness, welcoming, and just fun people that it has really helped me out.

Well, this past Wednesday, at about 5:30am, my father passed away after three very long and grueling months. Wednesday was an emotional roller coaster. It was awful. But yesterday, Thursday was the worst. I spent all day making arrangements, fighting with other people who wanted stuff done ~this~ way not ~that~ way, picking out the casket (that was a blast...), and seeing my father for the last time. I cannot tell you how emotionally drained I was...

Today, I came back to school and taught class if for no other reason than to distract myself. Tomorrow, Saturday, is the Memorial service and Tuesday will be the burial. I have all of this weighing on my mind. And I just happen to check my mail. "Oh, three packages. I wasn't expecting more than one. Guess I bought something on eBay I forgot about."

Oh, no, so far from it. And I just want you to know I was ~so~ glad I was wrong. It was so kind, so sweet, and genuinely so touching that I cannot express it enough. I needed that pick-me-up more than you'll ever know, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for it. Everyone here has been so kind, and has provided me with an AWESOME distraction from everything, and that's just what I needed.

Again, I really thank you all so much, but especially Rasputin, Lucan, and Okiepinokie. You just...geez. I can't thank you enough. And the sweetest part is that you don't even know me, but knew just what I needed. Thank you again. <3

And now that I'm all snotty, allow me to bring up the mood by saying I need a new cork board BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY PINS!!!! #firstworldproblem

Love you all! thank you soooooooooo much! I can't ~wait~ until I can pass along the love. :3

~Merlin

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Sending some pixie dust and prayer your way during this difficult time.

and congrats on the zaps! It's great that the timing brought your spirits a little lift

I'm so glad your zaps cheered up your day even just a little bit. I'm constantly amazed at the kindness of (near) strangers.

congratulations on the pins and so sorry about your father. Mine is bedridden and not eating very well so I understand the worry. Understand that he is pain free and in a better place now. Take care.

Back