• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UPDATED Pics in Post #22: My Hawaiian/Aulani/Moana/Dole Whip/IaSW Board

UPDATED Pics in Post #22: My Hawaiian/Aulani/Moana/Dole Whip/IaSW Board

GroguFan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thought it's high time for me to post photos of this collection again. The original thread was lost in the hack, but that's okay -- Sis has since totally repainted the board for me!
As a bit of background for anyone who hadn't seen the original post about this board -- this is my favorite of my collections, and definitely the main one (with BatB, Minnie and Baby Yoda following). It was inspired by my very special American Girl doll (Nanea), whose collection "this is" . . . she just loves pin trading! She's been to Disney Springs to trade many times, and she even went to The Polynesian in her hula dress. Well, I started by thinking some pins of the Hula Dancers in It's a Small World would be fun to find, followed by some Aulani pins (being Nanea's "dream vacation"). It grew after a visit to Disney, when we learned about Dole Whip and visited the Polynesian -- and after deciding that I just LOVE Baby Moana and needed some Moana pins (Moana the character only). There is a small grouping of Ariel pins as well, being the mermaid and often shown with pearls . . . and the fact that I love the Dinglehopper. :)
Sis painted the whole board to look like the scene with Baby Moana walking in the ocean. We printed Baby Moana on shiny photo paper to stand in the center.

i.php

The top of the board sort of shows Nanea's "dream vacation" -- starting with her fashion accessories (Minnie Ears), flying to the Disney Parks, needing everything, etc. First stop is The Polynesian, then it's on to Aulani!
You can also see the It's a Small World section, which is such a fun part. Those pins are just so cute!

20210707165916-85792b39-xx.jpg

And more Aulani pins with the amazing "You Had Me at Aloha" pin that was a real dream to finally add to the board . . .

20210707165922-39833da8-xx.jpg

Dole Whip and Ariel -- that "Thingamabobs Breakfast Cereal" is so cute. Only two more of Loungefly Princess Dole Whips to go for a complete set! :)

20210707165926-5da158f8-xx.jpg

And the Moana section with a close-up of the pins. Never really thought that I'd have this many. There's one more spot, so I'm hoping to find a Moana pin to fit in there . . . and any that don't will just continue down into the bottom of the wave. ;) The newest addition here is the amazing FigPin there, which I just put in last night. Yay!

20210707165932-13189dba-xx.jpg

20210707165937-0c2ff13d-xx.jpg

Well, this is totally up to date, as of last night . . . of course, you never know what trades will work out, so I'm always ready to add pins to the board. :) Anyone familiar with Moana pins know of one that might fit in that empty spot (Moana alone)?

Thanks, everybody! This board was a lot of fun to do . . . though I think the whole thrill is really down to the paint job by Sis! :)
@Rick195275 Definitely, Donald wasn't going to be left out there. But I think the crown of that corner is still the Scented Dole Whip!

I was really excited, too, about the Pineapple Whip pin that @sbmpins sent in my Christmas in July package. It's a Magic Candle Co. pin and just matched down there so well.

That's a really fun collection board. It's so beautifully painted! :tigger:

The background really compliments the collections.

Thanks! Credit for that one goes to very talented Sis @stratasfan for the painted background. She's amazing! And the Baby Moana scene is my all-time favorite -- and really worked for a pin board. Originally, I didn't expect to be able to get so many Moana pins to actually fill the wave.

Very nice...I love the dole whips :tigger:

The Dole Whips are some of my favorites, and several of them have great memories attached to the trade/gift of the pin!

Thanks! This board has been so much fun, and Sis and I always seem to have the most fun trading for it. :) It really started when we met up with a friend in Florida, and she had just been to a pin event and showed a bunch of pins to my Sis and me that she had gotten. She wanted us to have something special, and she gave me that pin of Rapunzel riding It's a Small World . . . looking at the three Hula Girls. Well, with that as a starter, I just had to keep on with the Hawaii theme!

That is an absolutely fantastic pin display! Such a pretty board with so many lovely pins!

As for filling the empty Moana spot, I’m not sure a big round thing would necessarily fit the hole you have now, but I don’t think I see the Moana Enchanted Emblems spinner.

ff150ec3af1b0a97e80f7e13791b4db7.jpg

c61bb1874eb4c65c4e1fc4c699370b34.jpg

That is an absolutely fantastic pin display! Such a pretty board with so many lovely pins!

As for filling the empty Moana spot, I’m not sure a big round thing would necessarily fit the hole you have now, but I don’t think I see the Moana Enchanted Emblems spinner.

ff150ec3af1b0a97e80f7e13791b4db7.jpg

c61bb1874eb4c65c4e1fc4c699370b34.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! In fact, we've got a trade going right now for that pin, so I think I'll be able to try it in the spot soon . . . though, being the round type, it may go in the lower section of the wave. Managed to get the new Animators pins submitted to PinPics, and I'm thinking that Moana might fit, if we can manage a trade for her. We'll see, but I can't wait to see what will end up fitting in there. :)

I love your collection. Makes me want to go back to the Polynesian hotel so bad! :D

We went there last January, and it was totally amazing! I took Nanea in her hula costume, and we had a lot of fun taking photos all over the place.

january-15-2020-9_orig.jpg

january-15-2020-178_orig.jpg

She even got to pin trade at the front desk . . .

january-15-2020-125_orig.jpg

And a super friendly CM who was giving ukulele lessons in the lobby sang a song just for her!

january-15-2020-122_orig.jpg

Well, here's a bit of an update. Some more pins have been added to this board, so I thought it was time for a couple of new photos. This is such a fun collection that just looking at the photos is making me smile. Take a look at that Moana section!! Sis has traded for a couple really cool pins, and I was able to get the FigPin Moana for my birthday. It is so nice! And it's thanks to an amazing trade with @Chilikitty and @BellesEnchantedRose that the Moana Enchange Emblems spinner was added -- thanks to @brattyjedi for the suggestion. I wish Disney would make some more Moana pins . . . I have this conspicuous hole on the wave . . .
The current "Pin Want" for this board is the new Aulani 10th Anniversary pin with Minnie and Mickey in the resort lobby . . . can't you just see that looking so good on here?

i.php

20210806174716-2d4e700b-xx.jpg

That's a very fun board with lots of variety! Love the Small World pins! :tigger:
Thanks! This whole collection started because of the Small World pins, actually. We were on a trip in Florida and going to Disney Springs for pin trading, and on the way met up with a friend (who wasn't going pin trading . . . just meeting up). She gifted Sis and me each with a WDI pin -- and mine was Rapunzel on the Small World ride, looking at the Hula Dancers. She knew I liked the Hula Dancers! Well, that started me with the idea of the whole Hawaii collection . . . and things just grew from there. :)

Back