• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Vinylmation Trading In Disney Stores!

VINYL Vinylmation Trading In Disney Stores!

scarsiandam

Jessie the Kitty Lover ♥
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Vinylmation trading in stores will start on the 16th! I don't know how it will be done; but I can't wait! :D All I have seen so far is the 3 piece open window box in my store. Excited? :lol:

I suspect it will be done the way it's done in D Street, Trading Events, and at stores in the parks that have it, which is as follows ... .

Vinylmation trading (I'm assuming you mean with cast members) is done out of a blind black box (or sometimes two), which either has 12 or 24 (might be 28, but I'm second guessing myself now) squares. Inside each of these squares is at least one vinyl ... but the point is that you can't see what is inside. Sometimes they'll also bring out a clear box with vinyls so you have a choice of a mystery trade or a trading for a vinyl you can see, but I think it's more fun to trade from the mystery box unless you see something you *must* have from the clear box. After all, it isn't like you can't retrade the vinyl you get if you don't like it.

The way this works is that you line up and wait your turn to trade. When it's your turn, you usually get to trade two vinyls per turn (sometimes it's just one); you tell the cast member which square you'd like to trade from (and from which box when it applies), hand over your vinyl(s) and get your new one(s). That's it ... fun, easy, and addictive! :)

The cm at my store says we are scheduled to start trading on the 31st! I can't wait! :D Although it sounds like we will only be getting the window box with the 3 vinyls to choose from, it will still feel like a connection to the parks :)

Back