• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019
That was last year at epcot...last year at thursday pickup..its usually unlimited

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That's because it's pay for play this year and there will be too many people. If it's too much of a nightmare and everyone voices their opinion about it afterwards, Di$ney may think twice about being so greedy next year.

That's because it's pay for play this year and there will be too many people. If it's too much of a nightmare and everyone voices their opinion about it afterwards, Di$ney may think twice about being so greedy next year.
Not likely...more likely they charge double or triple and shrink the size of the allowed bag

...I thought it had been limited for a while now, even on Thursday night? I know a lot of people just ignore it (or find ways to be sneaky about it), but they made the rule for PTNs, too. I know the first year, at least, they had cast members there with luggage "of the correct size" to check against those of us in the check-in line.

I haven't seen them do it in the last couple of years, nor have we had the "wristband on the bag" thing in a while, but I'm pretty sure once we went to the one bag rule, it was for all events, no matter where they were held.

I wonder if they will enforce it and if they will monitor the trading room? People who want to bring in large amounts of pins into the event will find a way. For example, I could go with at least one other person and make several trips to my vehicle to bring in more pins in different trips while they watched the pins I left inside.

I didn't attend last year, but I remember in years past watching people with large suitcases enter. Did anyone see a cast member or security turn people away at Epcot for the more than one bag rule? Did everyone just follow the rule?

Will cast members measure the areas and check whose pins belong to whom? I realize that paid areas may be limited with boundaries enforced, but I can still imagine some areas in the non reserved area not as structured.

I am really curious. :D

I mean, with the exception of a few jumbos all of my sister and my pins will fit in one rolling cart that fits their specifications. And all of it will fit on two seat spaces sprawled out. This makes it so people have to be deliberate about what they bring, which isn't a bad thing when some people take up 4 spots and it's a bloodbath for trading space. If it's in the same conference room the last PTN was in, it'll be wonderful.

I have to admit, I completely freaked when I first read the "one trading bag" and ran over here to rant about it as I took it to mean literally one bag (i.e. one traditional disney pin trading bag). :mad: But after seeing the comments from you fine folks, are re-reading the dimensions, I see that it is one larger bag that you could put a couple (or more) pin trading bags in. So I am much relieved. :cool: Hopefully me having 2 separate trading bags that combine to well less than the space they mention is not an issue.
FWIW, I seem to remember the same rule last year.

I read all the rules I received today and i’m trying to stay positive. We’re staying at the Dolphin because I remember last year there was a bunch of trading events there and that didn’t happen this year. They are trying to get us to go in through the main entrance -but I also booked the Dolphin because I figured there would be less walking to the event from there with my fibromyalgia. Hoping it won’t be an issue to get the Zuca on the boat. Also, I was kind of bumming the hours on the 8th close at 7pm. I am taking my hubby on his first tour at MK. Looks like we’ll be rushing over pick up pins and maybe pin Trade it there’s enough time. Then, I’m watching the tropical waves...ugh....trying to keep positive energy!

I read all the rules I received today and i’m trying to stay positive. We’re staying at the Dolphin because I remember last year there was a bunch of trading events there and that didn’t happen this year. They are trying to get us to go in through the main entrance -but I also booked the Dolphin because I figured there would be less walking to the event from there with my fibromyalgia. Hoping it won’t be an issue to get the Zuca on the boat. Also, I was kind of bumming the hours on the 8th close at 7pm. I am taking my hubby on his first tour at MK. Looks like we’ll be rushing over pick up pins and maybe pin Trade it there’s enough time. Then, I’m watching the tropical waves...ugh....trying to keep positive energy!
They encourage the entrance at the front but didn’t forbid entrance from the international gateway. I think both entrances will require time and patience. I imagine the construction will create some unforeseen problems. Keep thinking positive.

I put them in a folding cart I got at Staples. As far as I remember it fits their dimensions and holds 3-4 bags.

So the foldable rolling crates like the photo below are permitted as long as they fit the bag dimensions? I don't think I'll get enough use out of a Zuca to make that cost worthwhile but a rolling crate would be helpful/more ergonomic than slinging my pin bags over my shoulders to transport them.

shopping

So the foldable rolling crates like the photo below are permitted as long as they fit the bag dimensions? I don't think I'll get enough use out of a Zuca to make that cost worthwhile but a rolling crate would be helpful/more ergonomic than slinging my pin bags over my shoulders to transport them.

shopping
This is what I use and I measured it today. It is within their guidelines.

shopping
#saveyourback

Guess I'll be taking a trip to Staples this weekend, then! :)

If they don't have any in stock, then craft stores also sell rolling carts- sometimes like the crate above, and sometimes with fabric covers.

I have both, and while I love my fabric-covered one, I am starting to worry about the weight getting to it.

If they don't have any in stock, then craft stores also sell rolling carts- sometimes like the crate above, and sometimes with fabric covers.

I have both, and while I love my fabric-covered one, I am starting to worry about the weight getting to it.

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion! I'm hoping that my two not-fully-full binders will be light enough to not cause weight worries.

Just a few days to go!! I'm traveling alone this year so if anyone wants to meet up for dinner on Thursday, let me know.

Transfer to either boardwalk, yatch club or beach club if you want a shorter walk...I think the dolphin is just as expensive...
The dolphins trading is not happening this year

Just a few days to go!! I'm traveling alone this year so if anyone wants to meet up for dinner on Thursday, let me know.

I'm traveling with a friend out there and we'll be sticking together for a good part of Thursday through Tuesday, but I'll check and see if she minds having you join us for dinner that first night, or us splitting off on Thursday evening so the two of us can have dinner together. I'll check with her and let you know. :)

Reactions: Ajk
I've got Fastpasses for MK after the Coronado but, will gladly change my plans to meet up with DPF members!!
I'll have my Tigger "ears" on and the stroller (new this year) will be sporting a large Tigger Tail with my TiggerSue bags in it.
Find me and say "Hi!" :tigger: :tigger:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back