• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019
I've got Fastpasses for MK after the Coronado but, will gladly change my plans to meet up with DPF members!!
I'll have my Tigger "ears" on and the stroller (new this year) will be sporting a large Tigger Tail with my TiggerSue bags in it.
Find me and say "Hi!" :tigger: :tigger:

I used to try and do park stuff after the events, but between having my bags with me, and being so tired, I gave up. :) Sometimes I'm up for post-event trading at the hotels, or a dinner out somewhere. But park activity is just too much hassle!

For those who have been in the past, and with Epcot Construction, what is your take on the ‘insider tip’ of using the main Epcot entrance?

I used to try and do park stuff after the events, but between having my bags with me, and being so tired, I gave up. :) Sometimes I'm up for post-event trading at the hotels, or a dinner out somewhere. But park activity is just too much hassle!

I figure for Thursday, throw the pins in the car and take the Coronado Resort Bus to MK or any other Park.
For Friday and Saturday, will definitely have to go back to car to "dump" pins. Then can drive to dinner or go back into Epcot or take a Bus to another Park.
@Abyssinian28 @unibear @watzshakinbacon and ANYONE ELSE, up for Dinner Friday or Saturday night?? I can take 3 other people in my car to go. :tigger: :tigger:

As a not-local person, I am looking to spend as much time in the park as I can and am planning to just have a quick dinner Friday/Saturday while running around. But if anyone wants to join me for a fish-and-chips (or whatever) lunch either day, let me know.

For those who have been in the past, and with Epcot Construction, what is your take on the ‘insider tip’ of using the main Epcot entrance?
Lots of people came in at international gate in the past and that worked fine. There were two lines by the event - one pointing that direction and one toward the front. With the BIS line this year I am betting they will only have one line for everyone else and it will point toward the front so folks coming in the back way will walk more to get in it. But it’s still a shorter distance probably. Bigger factor probably the construction. I do think it’s possible that could slow things down quite a bit.

I figure for Thursday, throw the pins in the car and take the Coronado Resort Bus to MK or any other Park.
For Friday and Saturday, will definitely have to go back to car to "dump" pins. Then can drive to dinner or go back into Epcot or take a Bus to another Park.
@Abyssinian28 @unibear @watzshakinbacon and ANYONE ELSE, up for Dinner Friday or Saturday night?? I can take 3 other people in my car to go. :tigger: :tigger:

Love it, let's do Friday, though, if that's okay. I have the Weekday Pass right now, so I won't be coming on Saturday.

I'll have my Rogue with me, so I can drive a few as well.

So the foldable rolling crates like the photo below are permitted as long as they fit the bag dimensions? I don't think I'll get enough use out of a Zuca to make that cost worthwhile but a rolling crate would be helpful/more ergonomic than slinging my pin bags over my shoulders to transport them.

shopping
For anyone traveling, you could use your suitcase, as long as it fits the size constraints. :)

Transfer to either boardwalk, yatch club or beach club if you want a shorter walk...I think the dolphin is just as expensive...
The dolphins trading is not happening this year

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I can’t now, I got a helluva deal at Dolphin $165 night - others were booked ;(. —- we’ll make due!

With just a couple days to go, I'm getting pretty excited. I'm looking forward to all the surprises. What will I see on the trading boards? (I always find those especially exciting. You never know what will be there until you go up to it.) What will be previewed? What nice display will they have for the auctions? Will I be picked for a game? Etc.

What's everyone else excited for?

With just a couple days to go, I'm getting pretty excited. I'm looking forward to all the surprises. What will I see on the trading boards? (I always find those especially exciting. You never know what will be there until you go up to it.) What will be previewed? What nice display will they have for the auctions? Will I be picked for a game? Etc.

What's everyone else excited for?

The Partners (? The one included in the BiS package) boards, the mystery pins, and to see if the preview boards have anything for the Expo on them!

I'm excited for the following (not necessarily in order) :

~ Mystery box chasers
~ Board trades, especially what's on the partners board.
~ Pin previews
~ Hoping to be picked for a game!
~ Seeing my DPF friends in person again

I'm curious about the auctions but I know I can't afford anything from them so I'm just hoping there's nothing there to tempt me! ;D

I'm excited for the following (not necessarily in order) :

~ Mystery box chasers
~ Board trades, especially what's on the partners board.
~ Pin previews
~ Hoping to be picked for a game!
~ Seeing my DPF friends in person again

I'm curious about the auctions but I know I can't afford anything from them so I'm just hoping there's nothing there to tempt me! ;D
Have a wonderful time! Wish I could be there and meet you all!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am excited for everything! :D I can’t wait to meet up with people and put names to faces. I am eager to see the mystery and event package pins. I wonder who the special meet and greet photo opportunities will be. Then, there are the boards. What will they be like?

I am excited for everything! :D I can’t wait to meet up with people and put names to faces. I am eager to see the mystery and event package pins. I wonder who the special meet and greet photo opportunities will be. Then, there are the boards. What will they be like?
If they're anything like the Dumbo DSSH event from a while back, people said you get about two seconds to look at the boards and make your choice

Then, there are the boards. What will they be like?

We'll get a certain number of tabs per day (I believe four or six, unless you won the additional trading tabs via RSP). Each tab is good for one visit to the board. During each visit you are given one minute (60 seconds) and you can exchange any two of your pins for any two pins on the board. There is usually a mix of LE, LR, old event pins, HMs (new and older), and OE pins. Many pins on the boards will be AP/PP versions - at least half of everything I pulled during Love Is An Adventure was AP/PP. There are several lines with several boards, and each line faces the back of the board, so you can't see what's on it until you're standing in front of it during your minute.

There will also be a partners board for Best in Show people with pins from DSF and some international parks (no WDI though, boo).

At the DSF events, I always use the strategy of pointing to a pin I see that I'm interested in as I scan the rest of the board, since they are very large and busy boards and it can be easy to lose track of where pins are on it in the anxiety of the moment. I also like to start looking from the bottom up, since I feel that most people start at the top so it gets more picked over.

As far as what to pull from the board, I always try to take things that fit into my own collections first, unless I see something that is clearly going to be an exceptional trader (like marquees, higher end PTDs, etc.). That way I'll be happy with it no matter what. If I don't see anything I collect, I'll go for a popular character (Ariel, Belle, Rapunzel, etc.) that will possibly be a good trader. If I still don't see two pins that fit those, I'll just go for something that looks cute or cool or neat. You aren't obligated to trade two, but I figure if I've waited in the line for that long I may as well, and I can always use what I pull to trade back to the board on my next visit if I'm really unhappy with it.

And ultimately, unless I pull a scrapper that another trader has exchanged in, whatever I walk away with will probably be an upgrade over what I trade to the board (hidden Mickeys, booster packs, etc.). So I don't really stress too much over it in the long run. I only stress when I see more than my allowed trades and then I have to choose between them. ;)

Another tip - bring extra Mickey backers with you. Often you'll trade a pin with one post and pull a pin with two or more, and the cast member doesn't always have spares handy. ;)

If they're anything like the Dumbo DSSH event from a while back, people said you get about two seconds to look at the boards and make your choice

WDW is more generous on time than DSSH. You get a full minute.

We'll get a certain number of tabs per day (I believe four or six, unless you won the additional trading tabs via RSP). Each tab is good for one visit to the board. During each visit you are given one minute (60 seconds) and you can exchange any two of your pins for any two pins on the board. There is usually a mix of LE, LR, old event pins, HMs (new and older), and OE pins. Many pins on the boards will be AP/PP versions - at least half of everything I pulled during Love Is An Adventure was AP/PP. There are several lines with several boards, and each line faces the back of the board, so you can't see what's on it until you're standing in front of it during your minute.

There will also be a partners board for Best in Show people with pins from DSF and some international parks (no WDI though, boo).

At the DSF events, I always use the strategy of pointing to a pin I see that I'm interested in as I scan the rest of the board, since they are very large and busy boards and it can be easy to lose track of where pins are on it in the anxiety of the moment. I also like to start looking from the bottom up, since I feel that most people start at the top so it gets more picked over.

As far as what to pull from the board, I always try to take things that fit into my own collections first, unless I see something that is clearly going to be an exceptional trader (like marquees, higher end PTDs, etc.). That way I'll be happy with it no matter what. If I don't see anything I collect, I'll go for a popular character (Ariel, Belle, Rapunzel, etc.) that will possibly be a good trader. If I still don't see two pins that fit those, I'll just go for something that looks cute or cool or neat. You aren't obligated to trade two, but I figure if I've waited in the line for that long I may as well, and I can always use what I pull to trade back to the board on my next visit if I'm really unhappy with it.

And ultimately, unless I pull a scrapper that another trader has exchanged in, whatever I walk away with will probably be an upgrade over what I trade to the board (hidden Mickeys, booster packs, etc.). So I don't really stress too much over it in the long run. I only stress when I see more than my allowed trades and then I have to choose between them. ;)

Another tip - bring extra Mickey backers with you. Often you'll trade a pin with one post and pull a pin with two or more, and the cast member doesn't always have spares handy. ;)
Those are great tips. I like the strategy of looking from the bottom up. It’s been two years since I went to a big event and I’m just so curious to see what the boards are like. I thought I found more pins for my collections at Love is an Adventure boards while I found good traders at the Pixar Party boards. They are like awesome treasure hunts.

I don’t want to jinx anything, but for me, I’m all about AP and PP pins on the boards. While I certainly prefer they match my collections, that’s not a must. And I don’t trade them. I’ve got s nice little AP/PP collection going.
I’ve got a page in my trade book that you will need to see. I put my AP/PP pins there to keep them separate. They do seem to sparkle more.

Reactions: Ajk
I can’t now, I got a helluva deal at Dolphin $165 night - others were booked ;(. —- we’ll make due!
The Boats should start running at 8am (unless the Studios or Epcot has an Extra Magic morning and then they'll start sooner) so, you can ride instead of walk. Your Zuca bag will be fine, just watch the wheels in the gap between the dock and boat. And remember to have FUN!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back