• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...
LE Wedding Rapunzel's Crown

DRJ1828 - is there a stone missing from the tiara on your doll?

6879698528_d6e2f85dc1_z.jpg

No, the first large jewel is not missing. Rather, it has a very dull surface. My guess is that the large jewel on left was not glued properly to the crown. The glue was misapplied to the front of the jewel, then it was turned around and glued to the crown, with remants of the glue making the front surface of the jewel dull and colorless. I have managed to buff up the jewel so it is more shiny and presentable, but back of the jewel shows through as being blotchy. It is still noticeably duller than the other two jewels.

I think that's just the effects from the light of the lamp in the room? I love the design of the crown, but I'm kind of disappointed that the part that should be metal really looks like colored plastic. I had higher hopes for the crown.

I am a little disappointed in the crown, too. It is a dull plastic that is a dark beige color. It would have been nice if it had a shiny, golden metallic surface, and even better if it was actually made of metal.

The center jewel of the crown has an amazing ability of reflecting back the flash from my camera very strongly, so it looks as though there is a laser beam coming from the top center her crown! In some photos it is bright red with a white (over exposed?) center, in other photos is it green, blue with white center! I think there is not only reflection, but also refraction going one in the crystal.

The UK Disney Store site has a different product description of the doll than the US site. The UK site states that "Tiara and veil non-removable". When I first inspected the crown after I took her out of the box, it looks as though the left and right ends of the crown are sewn into her hair to hold it in place. If that is the only thing fastening it on her head, then it should be removable, although at the risk of being loose and wobbly when put back on her head (or on another doll's head). I also thought that the veil was attached to the back of the crown. So removing the crown would also remove the veil. However the UK site's statement makes me think there are hidden fasteners that hold the veil to Rapunzels hair and even her head, which would definitely make the veil non-removable. That makes sense, since the crown is probably too flimsy to support the huge double layered veil properly.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here but absolutely adore this series of limited edition dolls. I just got the Wedding doll and am now in the process of getting long haired Rapunzel. I will post pictures of my doll soon! but thanks everyone for their pictures, they are so lovely!

Sorry if this is old news but LE 17" Wedding Rapunzel is back online on the US Disney Store website. It doesn't say sold out; you can add her to the cart and everything.

I am wondering if some people have returned dolls where they ordered more than one which is why they are suddenly back in stock again ;o)

I am wondering if some people have returned dolls where they ordered more than one which is why they are suddenly back in stock again ;o)

This used to happen with pins as well. They would "Sell Out" online, and then a few weeks later they would pop back up on the site for sale again. Someone would post that they were available again, and that day or the day after they would disappear again...but the pins were also LE 250 and not 8000 so there were obviously less to go around.

I could see a few scenarios why this happens:

-These dolls were returned, and Disney believes they are still able to be sold (no flaws, defects, etc.).

-They kept some dolls aside and didn't sell them, in case people DID receive a doll with a defect, so they would have one to replace it with. Enough time has now passed that they can sell the dolls they were "holding".

-Some actual Disney Stores did not sell all of their dolls, so they were sent to the warehouse to be sold online (less likely scenario, but who knows...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back