• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! What a week!!!

ZAPPED! What a week!!!

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
Hi everybody :wavey:

This week has been a great week for zapping the docfish's.

My cousin Pam (minnie594) and I have been working on a trade for at least a month now. My fault as I keep finding other stuff I want that she can get. She is kind that way!!! So I get her package on Monday and in with all of the great things we traded were these great zaps that she picked up on her last trip to DLP:

No she is not really my cousin, unless I am sending her pins. She is overseas and it is very important for us in the United States to remember to keep the values down on the packages we send overseas so they don't have to pay import fees. Since most of the time we are trading there is no reason anybody overseas should ever have to pay import fees!!! Stupid post offices. Keep the values to 20.00 and then our pin trading friends overseas don't have to worry about that.

I also made a trade with Amy (Dreamwisher), I am suspecting she just traded with me so she could zap me like crazy. :lol: We made a simple two pin for two pin trade. When I get the envelope it is way to thick to just be two pins. Sure enough, it was. She sent not one, two, three ore even 7 extra pins. She sent 8 pins and a WDW 32nd birthday button. But the best part is the note "David- Thanks for the trade. But most important thank you for all you do in the pin trading community. You represent what trading should be about! Here's just a couple zaps I know you will find a good home for. :hs: Hope it brings a little happiness to you today! Amy". I am sorry to say Amy, it didn't bring a little happiness, it brought a lot of happiness!!! That was so kind of you to do!!! Yes I will find good homes for them and I already know what I am going to do with them to bring joy to sick kids. I am going to put them on some lanyards with some other pins I have and send them to Molly so she can take them to the children's hospital and spread some joy to some very sick kids. You sent me 8 pins so I am going to make up 8 lanyards and fill them up. You have inspired me and for that I thank you!!!

Molly keep your eyes open later this week for a special box to arrive.

Lastly but most certainly not least, Jen (Mulanrocks) sent Amy a very cute hand made key fab that has a piece of Disney Magic attached to it. Those are the charms they made out of the Golden Gate bridge they took down at DCA.

Thank you so much to everybody for all of the joy that has been spread around lately!!! For me seeing all of the zapping going on is what makes this place so magical and is the reason why we do what we do.

Congrats on all the zaps David! And I love the idea for sending the pins to the kids! Makes my heart happy

Awwww helping sick kids with your zaps.....direct elevator to the VIP section in heaven (if you believe in that sort of thing) Otherwise just another awesome act of kindness that will put major smiles on some very sad small faces. I wish everyone could do just ONE totally selfless thing for an unsuspecting person...the world would be a better place.

As always Mr.FF, I find you most deserving of any and all things awesome....that's why I'm you're friend. (See working on this compliments thing like you suggested, I still can't seem to get the part right where it's not a compliment to myself but I'll keep,trying)

Mega hugs for you big guy!

Congratulations on your "week of zaps" David! Could not happen to a nicer guy! I am such a fan! Thank you for being such an angel to so many!

wow David that is soooo awesome!!! Like Molly said, you must have came straight from heaven for all the kind thinks you do for everyone!!!

wow David that is soooo awesome!!! Like Molly said, you must have came straight from heaven for all the kind thinks you do for everyone!!!

Nope, not from heaven. :nono: My kids would tell you I am from the other place. :lol: I am an ahole like so many others, I have just realized how much fun it is to give back. I am completely selfish and I love the feeling I get when I do nice things for other people. Especially here at DPF. We have made so many great friends here it always fun to give back!!!

Congratulations my friend!!! It is the things like this that makes it so painful to have to be away from my wonderful DPF family like I have had to for work! Such a wonderful place, so many incredible people!!! Missed you! :hug:

I am still very new here, but I get the feeling this is a very heart warming place, I know it's already warmed my heart to hear all of the stories of random, just because kindness that you all share with each other.

No matter what you say David, you really are a wonderful person!! You have a big heart and a very kind and generous spirit!! "And that's the truth" lol!! Congrats on the zaps!! Thank you for all that you do for all of us!!! Take care! *bjr
P.S. Two weeks, one day, and approx. 7.25 hours!! But who's counting, rofl!!