• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What do you think of the Ebay pricing on the PTN pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the Ebay pricing on the PTN pins?

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
Okay so maybe its me I do collect PTN pins when I first started the pricing was reasonable about 20.00 - 30.00 per pin They are LE 300 or 400 most of them. Now I am astounded on the pricing most you cant touch for under 50.00 and these aren't the Jumbo PTN's most are listed at 100.00. I mean wow :eek2: what is driving the prices up so much? Is it because they are only sold in Paris? I really need to find me a new friend over in Paris to buy them at cost this collection is going to break the bank. I kept thinking the longer I waited the prices would come down on a few of them but they just keep going up and up. What do you think are these pins over priced and will the bottom ever fall on them? Just curious if I am the only one who really doesnt get the pricing? :(

Some of the BIN prices make it look outrageous because of a couple of specific sellers. I don't know why, but there is one who lists all pins at crazy prices.

But if you look at the ones that end at auction, they've pretty much always been that price. $25-$30 is about the best you will ever see and that is for the unpopular ones. The older and more popular characters can run from $50-$100 depending on the pin. I dont think ive seen the original Jessica go for under $125 and the first three (Jiminy, Tink, Stitch) I don't think have gone for under $250 in years and they can go over $300 each.

To get a good price on these you just have to be in the right place at the right time because it doesn't happen often.

I know what you mean. The prices are out of this world. I too wish I could find someone in Paris to get these at cost. But who would sell them at cost when they can triple their money on almost all of the pins. I do not think I will ever get one of the first three pins (except in my dreams) as they are way out of my price range.

I too have been lurking on the bay. Let me know if you are bidding on one so I don't try to outbid you.

Ive had quite a few for $40 as I have never paid more for any PTN pin I ever purchased through ebay and Ive had the white rabbit one twice for $40 each. I recently saw Pumbaa sell for $27 and that was BIN.

I say its the luck of the draw when it comes to some of these. Some you might get for cheap and some you might have to wait it out.

I have heard that the French are much more organized than we Americans and that they keep their prices competitive with each other to keep the price up. I think it's ridiculous and yes they are overpriced. I think until they sell their pins at a fair price just as we sell ours, that we should stop buying pins from DLRP. The only way to bring the prices back down to something more reasonable is to not buy their pins. Who decided that DLRP pins are better than WDW and DLR pins and that we should pay more for them?

I have heard that the French are much more organized than we Americans and that they keep their prices competitive with each other to keep the price up. I think it's ridiculous and yes they are overpriced. I think until they sell their pins at a fair price just as we sell ours, that we should stop buying pins from DLRP. The only way to bring the prices back down to something more reasonable is to not buy their pins. Who decided that DLRP pins are better than WDW and DLR pins and that we should pay more for them?

I agree!

I dont see any of the paris pins EVER being a fair price as in my opinion since not many US traders (where I think the majority of traders are) ever travel to DLRP or if they do its few and far between so the prices for paris pins on ebay stay constant and never dip just go higher as a prime example was the DLRP UP pin that was $70 when I was looking for it (luckily I traded for it) but I went in January and it sitting on the rack..purely down to probably not many NON-French traders going to the park on a regular basis.

I found at the PTN I attended one my first trip to Paris that ALL the french traders had multiple amounts of PTN pins and Im talking almost ALL of the PTN pins for trade (except a few) and quite a few traders were trading there pins for PTNs ONLY! which I was quite shocked at as I thought thats a bit much if you ask me as how is someone new (a year and 3 months or so) supposed to have them kind of pins.

And to say it was my first trip, I have to say I hate french traders they are so rude and pushy when it comes to these pins as you can literally feel the tension waiting for some stupid trader to start the queue 2-3 hours BEFORE release which makes everyone just rush into the crowd..oh wait I mean queue (yes no single formed queue just a mass of crowd pushing forward to get a ticket to purchase the pins)

Well if I can find a trader in France and they want to purchase pins from here at cost maybe just maybe we can work out a deal? Anyone know anybody from France? lol

I don't think it is fair to place all of the blame on French traders. If you look at ebay right now the highest BIN prices are from US sellers. I don't see how one could look at that and think that we price things fairly and they don't.

And who decides what is fair? The Tink up there now is an open auction and was started at $0.99...so, whatever price it ends up selling for, how is that not fair?

Oh, PTN pins... I think a few people know how I feel about this, and it was with a heavy heart I recently added them to my Wants strictly as trade fodder. I've been trying to stay out of this thread, but, here we go...!

The issue is that we have plenty of people willing to get pins at cost from DLR, DSF, WDW, DS.com, UK DS.com, and even WDI and Tokyo Disneyland at times, while nobody's stepped up to help out with DLRP stuff. What we have instead are multiple resellers who go to every DLRP PTN, score 10+ copies of new PTN pins (even jumbos), and then hawk them here and on eBay. The upcoming Star Wars event was particularly amusing, with one seller offering multiple sponsorships at a 62% profit rate. Forget even investing in pins, taking some degree of risk, and reselling them later: that seller was literally looking to make a profit of $165 USD just for going to the event, no money down and without any risk.

It's great that people offer to get US pins at cost for French traders, in exchange for at-cost access to French PTN pins, but realistically that seems unlikely to ever pan out. For quite a time there, several of us were doing free DSF runs and offering similar services, and really all it accomplished was to kill the demand for those pins and devalue our stuff even further. Combined with the cast members that exploit their discounts and resell things at cost or close to it on eBay, the market for most new stateside releases is pretty devastated. This entire issue is a big reason why people like me stopped acquiring DSF releases for free, en masse, as a service to forum-goers: we were literally just poisoning our own well. So we stopped.

I mean, seriously? The PTN Meet the Robinson's pin (69512) has a higher want rating than any DSF pin released over the past year that I'm aware of, save one of the Tangled pins (the PTN pin has a 90 W versus the Tangled pin's 92). An LE 400 pin for a relatively unpopular license is outpacing anything the DSF can think up and slap an LE 300 or LE 150 stamp on, strictly because the French traders are so good at creating inflation.

Don't get me wrong, I'll make a few bucks here and there where I can, too. I'm not going to throw stones. But I have to say, the DLRP traders have done a pretty incredible job of systemizing and standardizing the inflation of their pin values. They've done an even better job of getting everyone else to swallow it with a smile. They'll continue to do it, because it continues to work. I don't see that train coming off the tracks any time soon.

-JD

For quite a time there, several of us were doing free DSF runs and offering similar services, and really all it accomplished was to kill the demand for those pins and devalue our stuff even further. Combined with the cast members that exploit their discounts and resell things at cost or close to it on eBay, the market for most new stateside releases is pretty devastated. This entire issue is a big reason why people like me stopped acquiring DSF releases for free, en masse, as a service to forum-goers: we were literally just poisoning our own well. So we stopped.
I was wondering whatever happened with that. I guess this is why only one new member replied to my request for the DSF Max Schnell pin.

It's totally your prerogative whether you are willing to help. But honestly, it wasn't like it was the Beloved Tales Sleeping Beauty pin or anything. I doubt if anyone here even wanted that pin. So I don't see how it would have devalued your collection. JMHO. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that they're extremely expensive and I wish I could afford to buy some but sadly can't. I love all the stitch ones and the angel ones and especially the jumbo of them together but because of the extremely high prices on ebay I don't think I'll ever get one!!

It's totally your prerogative whether you are willing to help. But honestly, it wasn't like it was the Beloved Tales Sleeping Beauty pin or anything. I doubt if anyone here even wanted that pin. So I don't see how it would have devalued your collection. JMHO. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

To be purely academic about it, think of it this way:

-Anyone who gets their LE 150 at cost, is one less person who has to trade someone for that pin. It's one potential trade off the table.
-Anyone who gets their LE 150 at cost, is one less "W" on Pinpics for that pin, lowering perceived value.
-Easy access for people who don't even want the pin for their collection, but are instead getting them to trade, means one less "W" and another "T" to boot.
-Low demand begets even lower demand. Rising demand creates a cascade effect, where people want "hot" pins just because they're hot. The bottom line right now, is that due to kind-hearted locals and CM scalpers, nothing from the DSF is "hot" anymore. I mean, can you imagine if even just DLR or WDW released an LE 150? It would sell out in a day, almost regardless of what the pin was.

Those four reasons are why DLRP pins are almost never offered at cost; why the W's start high; why the T's stay low; and why the W's get higher and higher even if a particular PTN pin isn't really all that great from an objective point of view. With mutual benefit removed from the equation it became a zero sum game, and it's one that DLRP traders and dealers are extremely good at winning.

Unfortunately, the personal decision on my end wasn't just based on supply and demand. There's also the fact that after doing some runs for people, several of us found out we were being slammed behind our backs for devaluing DSF releases. It was harsh, and it certainly wasn't "in the spirit of pin trading" as I'd understood it. But you know what? In a basic economic sense, those people were right. Easy access to this stuff kills demand and wrecks it for anyone else standing in line on release mornings. I'm sure if anyone made a thread about offering DLRP PTN pins at cost, they'd be pilloried by their fellow DLRP traders. They have a pretty good racket going.

-JD

Gloomy, I agree with you that there is no one who is willing to pick up pins at cost and I think it is unfair. when I went to paris last January I offered to pick up peoples pins at cost and I did that for several or so people and I would offer again the next time I go as I know its the only way I can help other members out if they need it.

I agree that its always DLRP pins that are the worst pins to try and obtain and it sucks that most of the french traders on here are ONLY here to resell or to try and get US pins.

And where in this calculation, do you account for the people that won't put a low LE pin on their wants list because they decide that they don't have the means to acquire the pin in the first place? For years, I saw people lament that they couldn't trade their LE100 DA pins because no one wanted them. Even now, you'll see a lot of LE500 or LE1000 pins with more people wanting than LE100 pins. And I put that down to simply: Attainability. And I would bet that with the DSF pins a lot of people looked at the edition size and realized that very few people would have them for trade, and would want the moon for them based purely on the edition size. So why bother? You can't assume that every pin that was sold to someone at cost will end up on a wants list, now that they won't have an option to buy.

In order for DSF pins to attain value, first they have to acquire a reputation of selling out. Not end up in $4 sale bins. There appears to be a very tiny percentage of people who actually go to the store to buy pins, and if they all say that "I'm not going to pick up any pins for anyone" the first thing you've done is increase the length of time for a pin to sell out, and increase the odds that someone is going to log onto Facebook one morning and see that that pin is $4. In the short term, yeah, more people will get the pin they want decreasing the trades. But then you have a group of people that think attaining a DSF pin is possible. Then, maybe they missed a release, so since it's only one pin, they'll go ahead and pay a markup just to keep up the collection. You start to build an idea that "you don't want to wait on DSF pins because they sell out." There's a reason why the first hit is free.

Obviously, from the OP DLP PTNs didn't start out at $50 per pop and up, they got that way because people got "hooked" and now are desperate. If very few people get "hooked" on DSF pins they won't increase much, no matter how much sellers try to control the supply. Willing buyers/traders have to come first.

This should not be read in a harsh or sarcastic tone, because it was not typed that way. I just want to give my thoughts, for what they are worth.

-Anyone who gets their LE 150 at cost, is one less person who has to trade someone for that pin. It's one potential trade off the table.
That depends on whether the person who gets the pin decides to trade it or not. (Though you are correct in my case, Max Schnell was for my collection, not for trade.)

-Anyone who gets their LE 150 at cost, is one less "W" on Pinpics for that pin, lowering perceived value.
Not necessarily. If I get the Max pin, someone else won't get one. Therefore, that person will add the "W".

-Easy access for people who don't even want the pin for their collection, but are instead getting them to trade, means one less "W" and another "T" to boot.
In your first point, you were upset that there would be one less trade... now you are upset that there would be one more trade? I'm confused, but I'll give my thoughts anyway:

But, at least from my point of view, the people "grabbing them to trade" are the people that live in California... not the people on the forum asking them to pick up their favorite character. So getting that pin for them would not create another "T". In fact, it would take one away.

-Low demand begets even lower demand. Rising demand creates a cascade effect, where people want "hot" pins just because they're hot.
I totally agree with you about most people only wanting pins that are hot. Although for me personally, I don't want pins just because everyone else wants them. I want pins because they have a specific character or design element that I like. In fact, I almost take pride in the fact that I collect lesser-collected themes (although some Pixar movies are more popular than others. Up just happens to be hot right now, but the lower level of popularity for A Bug's Life balances it out. Haha). In fact, I stay away from popular pins such as the DLRP PTNs, because I know that if I had the pin, that would be one less pin available for someone who collects that character.

There's also the fact that after doing some runs for people, several of us found out we were being slammed behind our backs for devaluing DSF releases. It was harsh, and it certainly wasn't "in the spirit of pin trading" as I'd understood it.
That is sad. I think I'm beginning to see a new side to "the spirit of pin trading" as well.

But you know what? In a basic economic sense, those people were right. Easy access to this stuff kills demand and wrecks it for anyone else standing in line on release mornings.
Not to sound entitled or snarky, because I really do mean it when I say that it's your prerogative whether you want to help or not, but... you are standing in line anyway for yourself, right? And I'd be right there in line with you if I didn't just happen to live a thousand miles away.

Sometimes I get the impression that certain people in the hobby think that you only have a right to pins if you live in California or Florida. But I think Walt would be proud to know that a little piece of Disney magic is making its way to families all across the country (though I'm sure he'd appreciate the cash if we could come visit a park once in a while ;) ).

In order for DSF pins to attain value, first they have to acquire a reputation of selling out. Not end up in $4 sale bins. There appears to be a very tiny percentage of people who actually go to the store to buy pins, and if they all say that "I'm not going to pick up any pins for anyone" the first thing you've done is increase the length of time for a pin to sell out, and increase the odds that someone is going to log onto Facebook one morning and see that that pin is $4. In the short term, yeah, more people will get the pin they want decreasing the trades. But then you have a group of people that think attaining a DSF pin is possible. Then, maybe they missed a release, so since it's only one pin, they'll go ahead and pay a markup just to keep up the collection. You start to build an idea that "you don't want to wait on DSF pins because they sell out." There's a reason why the first hit is free.

Obviously, from the OP DLP PTNs didn't start out at $50 per pop and up, they got that way because people got "hooked" and now are desperate. If very few people get "hooked" on DSF pins they won't increase much, no matter how much sellers try to control the supply. Willing buyers/traders have to come first.

+1

I think DSF pins not being "hot" has far more to do with lackluster designs than people helping others. Looking at the releases from recent years, I can only recall a handfull of DSF pins that were instant "hot" items. Most of which were released before people were helping out on the boards. People can slam all they want but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people that were benefitting from their kindness aren't the people that would be willing to pay marked up prices or trade a ton anyways. And if that's true, people providing the service would actually be helping the value because every pin that they get for someone that won't pay/trade high prices is one less pin available to someone that will.

As for the PTN pins, how many people here can actually say that they were trading and collecting when this series started? Anyone? I can't. I was just starting collecting when these first started and didn't even know they existed for a couple of years. So, point being, can anyone here tell me what the prices were like back then? Were they all being listed at $30 BIN or were they selling at auction? Was the price always high or did demand drive it up? I'm just saying, if the demand for these initially drove the price to where it is, why is it so wrong for them to just list new ones at that price point?

Anyone here remember when Disneystore.com pins would sell out in minutes and then show up on ebay the next day for triple and quadrouple the original price? Or how about the PODM pins? They are marked up all over ebay and it certainly isn't the French traders doing that. Put yourself in their shoes. They don't get as many "good" (granted, in the eye of the beholder, but to me) pin releases as we do here. And I don't think there are very many French traders on the board so I can't see how they would really be taking advantage of the buying opportunities. Maybe a couple are, or were, but not a significant amount. So, what if they want the new PODM pins? They could pay marked up prices on ebay or trade a lot for them if they are lucky enough to find someone that will trade those pins internationally. So, if you were in their shoes wouldn't you want to maximize the value of the few good pins that you can get?

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't support the artificial inflation of prices. But I think that is only a few people, one of them being a US seller. In fact, some of the best prices I have gotten on these is from French sellers. And from a trading perspective, I don't think it is ok to claim a pin is a $125 pin when it has sold several times at auction for $60. But I don't see anything wrong with trading it like it is a $60 pin, because it is.

I don't know...I just don't think it is fair to pick on the French traders when there are far more examples of US traders doing the exact same thing.

Last edited:
People can slam all they want but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people that were benefitting from their kindness aren't the people that would be willing to pay marked up prices or trade a ton anyways. And if that's true, people providing the service would actually be helping the value because every pin that they get for someone that won't pay/trade high prices is one less pin available to someone that will.

+1 back to you

I thought of the bolded bit after I posted but I didn't want to reply to my own reply. :) The best thing DSF buyers can do is get pins into the hands of people who won't trade or sell them, because that means fewer in the trading pool, and then they'll command higher prices among people who have good pins available for trade. I can understand why someone would not want to sell multiples to one person, because then you're just funding the "competition."

However, if DSF suddenly become popular, either through kindness or something else. The DSF traders hoping to see more value, will first have to deal with the group of SoCal traders that will show up, at say, the Alice Un-event but not go to DSF currently because it's not worth it. Then you may see a situation where there are suddenly 50 people having a pin for trade, which will depress the market too. I think that happens quite a bit. False demand, where everyone thinks something will make a good trader, but then there are so many available that they aren't. Another reason why facilitating pins leaving the marketplace by entering permanent collections is a good thing. I wonder about the PODM collection in this regard. They are hot now, but how many people are going to find themselves holding onto a bunch of $20 pins that they can't trade next year, when something else is hot. Although, I guess Amanda and Erica can just keep buying them :)

I wonder about the PODM collection in this regard. They are hot now, but how many people are going to find themselves holding onto a bunch of $20 pins that they can't trade next year, when something else is hot. Although, I guess Amanda and Erica can just keep buying them :)

*sigh* yes...I have a problem...

Although, I'm not worried about whether I'll be able to trade them, I'm worried that I won't be able to part with any of them!

OKay I didnt start collecting PTN pins until I happened to get one of Maleficent in a trade (because she is my main collection) I liked the look of the pin and got a few more (the not so popular ones) in other trades. What got me hooked is when I got the JUMBO Ariel I didnt know they had Jumbo's of the PTN's but when she arrived and was as big as a small plate I fell in love with the pins. The detail and quality are so much better in my view than the DSF pins. I collect those also but only certain ones. The PTN pins when I started collecting them were not priced as high I got a bunch of them for about 20 a pin. Now those same pins are going for 60 plus. And of course the older ones I cant even touch at 200.00 a pin. I always feel bad when people post they are going on a run and want to know if anyone wants anything and then that person ends up buying some outrageous amount of pins for 25 people and then no one even bothers to buy that person a pin or zap them. (Yes this is happening) There is one VERY generous soul on here who monthly buys pomh pins for everyone she doesnt add in a fee or anything just cost plus shipping. I recently found out no one has offered to even buy her one of the pins or to send a nice zap her way. I have a couple of people who make it a point to pick me up pins when they go and I always buy them a pin or send them a nice zap. I have one person on "pin retainer and our deal is he picks me up the POMH pin and I buy him one for his time, gas etc. So I dont think I am being unfair to seek out a Paris Trader if possible and offer them the same deal. I just dont know anyone to approach. I really dont buy pins to resell them. I do sell off my extras when I have them some I get in trades some I get on ebay when i bid on two of the same pins just trying to be lucky enough to get one of them. It just seems to me that the PTN pins are really overpriced and its depressing as it looks like I will not be able to finish this collection and being a bit OCD I hate unfinished collections :)

That depends on whether the person who gets the pin decides to trade it or not. (Though you are correct in my case, Max Schnell was for my collection, not for trade.)

I think I was unclear here. I'm saying that anyone purchasing a pin at cost no longer needs to trade for it, whether they intend to use it for their collection or flip it for another trade. Either way, it's one less "W" on the Pinpics rating.

Not necessarily. If I get the Max pin, someone else won't get one. Therefore, that person will add the "W".

This is only true if 150 people want the Max Schnell pin, which I don't know to be the case.

In your first point, you were upset that there would be one less trade... now you are upset that there would be one more trade?

Easy now, I'm not "upset". :) Like I said, this was just an academic look at the economics at work, at least how I see them. As for the confusion here, I again fear I was perhaps unclear? My point is that when someone gets a pin mailed to them at cost, and they intend to trade it, they no longer contribute a "W" to the Pinpics Wants rating for that pin, and instead raise the "T" rating. Both are bad for a pin's perceived collectibility.

But, at least from my point of view, the people "grabbing them to trade" are the people that live in California... not the people on the forum asking them to pick up their favorite character. So getting that pin for them would not create another "T". In fact, it would take one away.
Actually, alot of the people I picked up pins for were getting multiples specifically to trade. I didn't question it at the time, because I was just interested in helping people out and saw no harm in it. I didn't really concern myself with what they wanted the pins for, and there was no way to police their intent anyways. Far be it from me to tell people what to do. It's only now that I've become more familiar with certain peoples' collections, that I've realized some of those people asking for two copies of a pin likely had no intent of keeping either of them.

Not to sound entitled or snarky, because I really do mean it when I say that it's your prerogative whether you want to help or not, but... you are standing in line anyway for yourself, right?

You don't sound entitled or snarky, you're totally cool. Hopefully I don't sound in any way reprehensible either. But no, I've stopped going to the DSF unless there's a pin I personally want; I happen to be in the area; or a friend / trade partner needs something. I went for every release back when the stuff had trade value (or at least, when I thought it did - I was definitely hanging on a bit longer than I should have, call it poor newbie judgment). Now, not so much. I literally used to go for releases I had zero interest in, just to get stuff for other people.

Sometimes I get the impression that certain people in the hobby think that you only have a right to pins if you live in California or Florida.

... Or Paris. Doooon't forget Paris. :D

Hopemax - I agree with almost everything you said, save for the perception that DSF pins are unattainable. That would be the first time I've ever heard anyone theorize that. It's interesting. I don't agree with it, but it's interesting and I'm glad you put it forth.

I do agree that DSF pins selling out more often would be great for their general demand, since like I said, "hot" pins get a cascade effect that makes them more and more desirable. However, I don't think it's possible for all but a few DSF pins to sell out again until, at the very least, the CM's flooding the market on release weekends are rooted out. Whatever the second or third step might be, I think the first step is eliminating that particular batch of resellers.

Though, to be objective, those guys (and girls) do a great job of getting freshly-released DSF pins out to people at very competitive prices. That's actually another reason I gave up on DSF runs: if someone can get a new pin for a $5 markup the weekend it's released anyways, there's kind of no need for at-cost pickups. Coupled with DSF phone orders two weeks after each LE release, the availability's really quite high. Overall, I'd definitely prefer a world where new releases don't garner instant markups. BUT!? Paris. So yeah.

The question about false demand is a really good one, too. It's kind of impossible to predict what would happen if things progress to a situation where that's a risk.

Erudolf - I agree that design standards are pretty low on some of the recent DSF stuff. The recent Pirates releases were pretty horrendous save the big full-cast pin, and the LE 150 surprise release stained glass (both of which were really beautiful pins). Some other releases have seen great design work though, such as the Autographed Picture series. Those pins were quite attractive, at least for my tastes.

As a sidenote, I'm not sure who you think is "picking on" French resellers. Hopefully not me? Like I said: they have a great racket going. They clearly played the game better than the rest of us. It's a bit of a bitter pill, but one can't argue with their results.

*sigh* yes...I have a problem...

Although, I'm not worried about whether I'll be able to trade them, I'm worried that I won't be able to part with any of them!

They ARE really, really nice. ;_; The variety and unique nature of each PODM pin makes it easy to get attached to them. I'm lucky there'll probably never be a Who Framed Roger Rabbit PODM, but I may still find myself in the poor house when there's inevitably a Little Mermaid, Lion King, or Beauty and the Beast PODM. I used to wish they were smaller so they'd take up less space. Now I'm just kind of glad they are the size they are, to deter me from filling my house with them.

Tabbi - That generous soul also gets slammed for supposedly "ruining the PODM market," partly by doing such a good job of finding good cells for people here. Kind of unbelievable.

-JD

I understand where Gloomy is coming from. I lived down the street from DSF even before it was DSF and in the beginning those pins were hot, I couldn't hold onto a trade, now no one wants them. DSF pins have become the hardest pins to trade. I have drawers full of DSF pins that I can't trade. And while some of you may disagree, they are some of the best looking pins. If you disagree please consider whether you hare seeing the majority of their pins in person or online. DSF pins, are of a much higher quality than the pins that DS.com is currently putting out and they tend to be more creative with their ideas. The problem, and where I disagree with Gloomy is not in helping people get them, but rather introducing people to them in the first place. DSF is not as widely known as the park pins and DS.com, so in order to raise their value, people need to advertise them more. And don't ask me how, I just know that DSF pins do not get the same sort of press as DS.com pins.

I also agree with Tabbikat2219, I understand from both sides, living near the park and not living near the park, the negative aspect of helping others and having others help you obtain the pins you want. And just buying pins for others without any compensation is an expensive task and if you're not occasionally doing something extra for that person, well than who are you to feel so entitled that someone should be doing this for you. I'm embarrassed that so many traders are willing to ask for favors without ever repaying the kindness. No one is entitled to a particular pin, and yeah if you don't live near a park that sucks, but don't complain about living far away and expect someone else to help you. They are doing it out of the kindness of their heart, so perhaps you should show them the same kindness, because the truth is if someone is always getting pins for you, what are you doing for them?

As for the DLRP PTN pins, I don't know if there is a solution. Europeans place a much higher emphasis on vacation than we do getting on average a months worth of vacation. They can afford to come to the US at least once a year, obtaining the pins that they want, while Americans are lucky to get 2 weeks, most don't even get a true vacation, so traveling to Paris once a year is out of the question. Therefore buying pins from the source is more difficult for us. And they have no need to trade if they've already purchased the pins they want. Also and don't quote me on this but they can buy pins from the states online, whereas we do not have the same option to purchase UK and DLRP pins.

Last edited:
....when there's inevitably a Little Mermaid, Lion King, or Beauty and the Beast PODM.....

A shudder went down my spine when I read that.....anyone want to buy some pins!!?!?! I should start saving now....

Tabbi - That generous soul also gets slammed for supposedly "ruining the PODM market," partly by doing such a good job of finding good cells for people here. Kind of unbelievable.

-JD

That is absolutely insane!!! If the current market for the PODM's is "ruined" then I'd hate to see it "healthy". The only market that this person is hurting is the personal "markets" of those doing the slamming. They are just upset that this person is grabbing up a portion of the "good cells" that they may otherwise get and sell or trade. Believe me....the market for these is just fine and my bank account is proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back