• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What I oughta' know for WDW in September...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I oughta' know for WDW in September...

CoryTheRaven

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi all y'all!

So my wedding is fast approaching, followed by our honeymoon in WDW. We'll be arriving on August 31st in the evening and departing the afternoon of Sept. 11th. I know that this intersects with the Imagination Gala, but we decided to forego it. Attending would have required us to rejigger our schedule a fair bit, and there just wasn't enough stuff available that I actually would want to buy. That's too bad though, since I would have loved the chance to meet, see people's collections, and maybe actually trade.

So given that we can't make the event, what else ought I know about WDW? I know about pin boards, though not necessarily where they all are or which are the best ones. Is anyone going to be out and about trading? I hear there are still some tables in Epcot... Is that true? Does anybody know of any informal gatherings for trading before or after the event?

Thanks!
Cory

Cory, Congrats on your upcoming wedding....that is soooo exciting!!! You'll have to post pics (I love weddings!!). We usually make it a point to check guest relations at the parks...they have pin trading books. Also if you get to the parks early, make sure & check the cast member lanyards. Usually during shift changes cm's will have fresh lanyards. My husband & I will be at WDW a from 9/3 thru 9/10, so feel free to PM me at any time if you have questions during your stay. Also, the evening of 9/4 there is a pin trading night at Coronado Springs, so if you have a little time, stop by. People are always hanging out in the halls where registration takes place.

I hear there are still some tables in Epcot... Is that true?
As of December/January, there were a few tables in Epcot. However, that being said, I wouldn't plan on bringing the sort of pins that require a table for trading nor spending much time trading there. In my experience, there usually aren't many people trading - and the sort of traders who are there aren't the type to generally offer or accept fair and balanced trades. There always are exceptions, of course (I wouldn't paint everyone with the same brush), but I think unless you're going to the pin event or an organized pin trading night (and in this case, you aren't), I think your best bet is to keep your pin trading limited to cast members and planned pre-trades.

As of December/January, there were a few tables in Epcot. However, that being said, I wouldn't plan on bringing the sort of pins that require a table for trading nor spending much time trading there. In my experience, there usually aren't many people trading - and the sort of traders who are there aren't the type to generally offer or accept fair and balanced trades. There always are exceptions, of course (I wouldn't paint everyone with the same brush), but I think unless you're going to the pin event or an organized pin trading night (and in this case, you aren't), I think your best bet is to keep your pin trading limited to cast members and planned pre-trades.

Thanks for the advice! I don't have any books of traders myself. I was just thinking in terms of where people would most likely be. But yeah, if they're not keen on reasonable trades then... well... at least I can window shop ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back