• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release
ahh sorry, maybe there will be some people not show up tomorrow.

Wow lol I'm not even shocked at the DSF thing right not but with the sheer amount of people watching this thread :eek2:

Okay, in order of importance:

chipdale, you have the best avatar in the world...I laughed for nearly 10 whole minutes to the point where I got a headache from lack of oxygen going to my brain and teared up...I must congratulate you in a very sincere way, so no gifs to make this lighthearted...your avatar is amazing. Period.

Second, this release has really been something, hasn't it? They're doing 1 per person this time around finally but I can guarantee you that the prices are going to skyrocket on this release purely because of the drama. Whenever the drama llama walks into town, people want to see what all the fuss is about, that in and of itself will generate hype and sales -__-

Dramallama01.jpg

Well, congrats to those who got a wristband, sorry to those who pre-sold or were honestly getting one for a friend at a darn good price, and yay that nobody got hurt at this release ^_^

I say those who want to buy these pins via ebay DON'T DO IT NOW!

Wait a few months... Prices will go DOWN!

Boycott the system!!! Sharks will get mad if their pins don't sell!!!

:angel:

Yeah, they should of had more wristbands. I got one but cant believe they didnt have enough. I'm guessing the people who were the most calm lost out. Its not really a fair system when you say everyone will have an equal shot then run out. Its a step in the right direction but needs to be honed a bit.

A very sad week in our pin community... Friendships torn, respect for others completely lost... Very very sad... Things will not be the same for a long time to come...

On a happier note...Did anyone get a picture of the pins that were on display? :) I would love to see an up close of the gumballs!

A very sad week in our pin community... Friendships torn, respect for others completely lost... Very very sad... Things will not be the same for a long time to come...
It's sad to think that a small piece if colorful medal can come between friends. Remember pins come and go but friendship should be forever.

Well now... I go out to do grocery shopping and come back to see that the pin release did NOT turn into a riot, did NOT make the evening news. Color me a happy bright color!!!!

I truly hope that most of those who followed the DSF rules and showed up around 7pm got wristbands. Not that I don't wish love and hugs to those who camped out for 3 days, but the rulez iz tha rulez. I feel baddly that some of those who did camp out for 3 days only did so because they felt they had to in order to get their pins. I am sorry for those who did not get a WB who camped out.

I am incredibly happy that they LAPD was there to keep the "typical" rabble rousers from causing trouble. I think it is awesome that they kind of randomized wristband hand out. And interestingly, I am also happy it is a 1 per person limit. There will be lots of presale refunds. There will be lots of unhappy people. But in the long run, I hope this release leads to the needed changes. I also think that this may bring DOWN the price of this particular set a bit, because MORE people will have them, not a few who could bring a tonn of friends.

I think everyone here who has emotional investment in how this release went needs some comfort food.
comfort_foods.jpg
eggplantpizza.jpg
images

images

I agree about the falling prices. When only a few control a LOT they can price fix at whatever they see fit. Now that the pins will be in the hands of 300+ people the prices they will take should be more in the reasonable area. IF everyone exercise some self control and does not start freaking out. Honestly this board alone causes pin prices to get out of control, LE 300 ANYTHING should be a sought after item but we are essentially fighting among ourselves for them.

Still want Tiana and Giselle, and still not paying a kidney for one. Not a happy ending for all but not a bloodbath either.

I think DSF handled this in the best way possible. People still shoved while in line and those that did, shame on you, you know who you are. Hearing the negative comments and how people were planning on shoving their way through and "bum rushing" was incredibly disheartening. The overall animosity pin traders had towards each other was just downright sad and disappointing. I would hope that as friends and companions in this hobby we could practice a little more maturity and understanding in the fact that these are only pins/shiny pieces of colored metal. This release was crazy and I'm happy that they came up with the plan that they did. I'm happy to give up my second set if it means that it brought some peace to the situation (which it did) and gave more people a shot at getting a set. The wristbands didn't run out because they didn't have enough, they ran out because they gave away all 300. The pins are LE 300 and everyone gets one of each. So they gave out exactly what they had/have available. I do feel bad for those that didn't get a wristband and were waiting but it really came down to the fact that there simply were not enough pins in the edition size to meet demand. There is no perfect solution. Everything we try is going to have some flaw, some way but this was a pretty darn good step in the right direction as far as popular, over-hyped releases go. I would like to thank DSF for their consideration on both sides of the matter and the LAPD for being present to keep order. Also, thank you to the wonderful pin pals I met in line for looking out for one another, your company, your conversation and your friendships. We shared a lot of laughs and good conversation. I only wish it could have been like this the whole way around for everyone instead of a few making idle threats and nasty comments.

Last edited:
Actually, since the set was one per person, people will trade these even harder. Stayed there 2 nights and no wristband, yeah I call that fairness :) all the crazy shoving was amazing! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back