• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
What to do with LE pins?

Sithathoriunet

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
A dear friend gifted me a handful of LE pins (some are artist's proofs) that don't fit into my collections. So what I'm wondering is, would you say it's best to trade LE for LE, or can one request trades where I receive multiple open edition pins for my one LE?
There isn't any pin trading IRL near me, so I'm pretty much talking exclusively about PinPics trades here.
Thanks, Friends!

Kind of depends on what you want as far as pins go. We've traded LE for LE and we've traded LE for multiple OEs. I find most people want to trade LEs for LEs. However, most people have no problem trading multiple OEs for your LE. So, I'd go either way, depending what you are wanting yourself! :) I don't have experience with APs, so that's something different. However, since we have our pins displayed, I don't care what initials are on the back. So for me, it is no gain to have an AP or a PP. To someone else, though, it may be a big pro! It also totally depends on the design of the pin and what characters, etc. :)

It depends what you want. A lot of people trade on “value” which is, of course, somewhat subjective. If you have a super hard to find pin though, you might want another super hard to find pin - or alternatively you might want a bunch of open editions.

I happen to collect jungle cruise and trader Sam’s AP pins, so if you have any for trade I’d love to try to work something out!

Oh, trading criteria totally depends on each individual! I've traded with people who only trade like for like (LE for LE, OE for OE, HM for HM, etc.) and people who don't care at all about like for like. One person I know only trades by original pin sale price. doesn't matter LE or OE or anything. Some go uy current sale prices on eBay or other places. Some do trade/want ratio on PinPics. All sorts of ways! Always come across something new! :)

It depends what you want. A lot of people trade on “value” which is, of course, somewhat subjective. If you have a super hard to find pin though, you might want another super hard to find pin - or alternatively you might want a bunch of open editions.

I happen to collect jungle cruise and trader Sam’s AP pins, so if you have any for trade I’d love to try to work something out!
Shoot, I wish I had some Jungle Cruise or Trader Sam's APs for you, but thank you for your feedback! Could I ask a follow up question? As an AP collector, would you say that there is a general ratio of value for APs over LEs?

Last edited:
Oh, trading criteria totally depends on each individual! I've traded with people who only trade like for like (LE for LE, OE for OE, HM for HM, etc.) and people who don't care at all about like for like. One person I know only trades by original pin sale price. doesn't matter LE or OE or anything. Some go uy current sale prices on eBay or other places. Some do trade/want ratio on PinPics. All sorts of ways! Always come across something new! :)
Wow, knowing the original price of so many pins sounds overwhelming. I'll bet they have a photographic memory. It sounds like the best thing to do is ask about the terms of the trade and stay flexible and upbeat until I sort out a trade I'm comfortable with.

Shoot, I wish I had some Jungle Cruise or Trader Sam's APs for you, but thank you for your feedback! Could I ask a follow up question? As an AP collector, would you say that there is a general ratio of value for APs over LEs?
Hardcore AP collectors usually say about 10-20%. More if the version is materially different.

I will happily trade 20% premium for a Jungle Cruise AP because I want it and I want the AP specifically. That said, a lot of people don’t care, so if you want to get a premium you’re trading with a smaller group of potential traders.

Most AP/PP pins come from events where someone bought a ticket and waited in line to get the pin. So people often want a premium for that reason. But at the same time, if it’s a common pin and the potential trade partner doesn’t care whether or not it is AP, they might prefer to take an easier trade with someone else for the regular version.

Hardcore AP collectors usually say about 10-20%. More if the version is materially different.

I will happily trade 20% premium for a Jungle Cruise AP because I want it and I want the AP specifically. That said, a lot of people don’t care, so if you want to get a premium you’re trading with a smaller group of potential traders.

Most AP/PP pins come from events where someone bought a ticket and waited in line to get the pin. So people often want a premium for that reason. But at the same time, if it’s a common pin and the potential trade partner doesn’t care whether or not it is AP, they might prefer to take an easier trade with someone else for the regular version.
Good to know, thanks!

So super curious which proof pins did you get? I have a couple but they were from the one event i went to ages ago. As far as value you can always pm a couple reliable people and ask them about the proposed trade and whether or not they think its fair, to make sure you don't get a bad deal. ;)

So super curious which proof pins did you get? I have a couple but they were from the one event i went to ages ago. As far as value you can always pm a couple reliable people and ask them about the proposed trade and whether or not they think its fair, to make sure you don't get a bad deal.
There's one of Chip carrying a Christmas light bulb for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, and one of Mickey & Minnie playing shuffleboard.

Oooh is it like one of these?

iu

Chip and dale pins are always so cute :)

Ooh and the shuffleboard pin must be from Disney Cruiseline, is it this one?
iu

If so these are super cute pins and I would expect them to trade really well, of course i like collecting cute pins so i could be bias LOL

Oooh is it like one of these?

iu

Chip and dale pins are always so cute :)

Ooh and the shuffleboard pin must be from Disney Cruiseline, is it this one?
iu

If so these are super cute pins and I would expect them to trade really well, of course i like collecting cute pins so i could be bias LOL
Those are the ones! I collect C&D and have a small Minnie collection, but I don't care for pins with a lot of words, and I've never been on a cruise, so I'd like them to go to homes where they would be really appreciated. :)

Back