• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

When will you feel your collection of LE dolls is complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will you feel your collection of LE dolls is complete?

Matthewlondon

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey guys :)

I got thinking today about my own collection and wondered when would you consider your LE doll collection complete?
Do you just buy them from your favourite movies? Buy them all regardless of what they look like? Just buy the ones you like?Maybe just buy princess's? Villains?

Me personally I would buy every single one they release! BUT I just do not have the space nor money and even if I could afford them all I wouldn't have anywhere to put them all lol.
So I now limit which ones I get as they are 17 inch and take up a lot of room.

So when would you stop buying them?
Is their any past ones you want? Future ones?

Me personally I wanted Aurora and Maleficent the most and then Elsa/Anna as they are my two favourite films and then after those four I just want my next favourite princess's Ariel. Rapunzel, Cinderella!
I think once I have Aurora and Maleficent I will be happy and then will probably just get Jasmine. The only past doll I would want is Snow White. So in total that will be 9.

Its hard because part of me would like them all but I know if I did when would it stop? I like every disney film so could end up with about a 100 lol and with the size of them you have to stop somewhere.

In terms of 17" dolls: I have the Frozen girls because I love the movie so much. I want Alice (because she's Alice, not because she's rare and beautiful), so someday I will trade a kidney for her and then I will consider my collection done. :p I suppose if they add a Kristoff I'd want him, and maybe Hans just to be a complete-ist in something Frozen-related! But I'm continually on the fence about the Queen of Hearts. I don't like the doll THAT much (her face bugs me), yet if I ever did get Alice, I feel like some part of me would want the QoH just because she belongs with Alice.

So, essentially, just favorites for me! I don't have the money, the space, the temperament, or the interest to collect ALL of them.

Good thread!(;
I collect only the characters i love, like/enjoy etc.

I keep saying to myself that when i get the Nov. Elsa, my collection will be complete. Because, she will match perfectly togheter with snow gear Anna and i do also own Rapunzel. (blonde hair) Which will be a good match with the two sisters. So only three LE dolls, but i dont only collect disney stuff, i have a collection of pvc figurines as well and they are also expensive.

I collect them because i love the characters they are. When i was little i loved the story about Rapunzel that the Brothers Grimm wrote. Tangeld and Frozen is my favorite movie from Disney, i have a lot of favorite of disney movies, but i like those characters/dolls the most.

They are big and i dont take them out from they boxes, so there is much space they are taking and those dolls are expensive. I am just a student so i can't collect that much that i wished i could, by how it looks like now.

Last edited:
Great replies:) I'm 21 and currently out of work living with my parents so I just don't have the money or space for them all! And once you start getting them all then I'd have to continue even with characters I don't even like such as Calhoun lol so I just go for favourite characters:) Wishing you best of luck to the both of you on your search for Alice and Elsa:).
I totally understand I'd be same if I had Alice then I'd want the QH even though I don't like her face lol.

I'm currently 17 years of age, just got my first minimum wage job back in October and living with my parents. It's a bit of a battle bringing LE dolls home.

I bought my first LE doll entirely off of my working money, which is Coronation Elsa who should be coming in the mail by the end of the month.. I believe that my collection will be complete once I get Coronation Anna and Snow Queen Elsa.. I already have Ariel who is on my list as the 2nd best in my eyes, so, I actually have the 2 main girls I was after already.

Although, I have a feeling when a new LE doll is released I'm going to try and buy it anyways because I suck at stopping myself from really pretty dolls, hahaha

I'd only collect le dolls I like. I don't have the space to collect everything and I don't like some of the dolls anyways. I have issues with a lot of the designer dolls for instance. I still haven't bothered to try and purchase the rapunzel designer dolls yet cause I don't really think they're that pretty. I'd rather save my money and space for the 17" rapunzel. It's soooo much prettier. So far I only have coronation Anna. Snow queen Elsa. Ariel. And Merida. I have coronation Elsa and snow gear Anna coming in. So basically all I'm missing is the 17" blonde hair rapunzel and I'd be happy til disney decides to release another character I like.

I doubt itll it'll ever happen but if they ever made a le 17" Pocahontas or even better yet a princess tiger lily from Peter Pan I'd be all over that!!!!! Hahaha.

Once I have a doll of each princess and the other leading ladies they decide to make dolls of. Right now I need Snow White, Belle, Tiana, Alice, and blonde Rapunzel. My goal is to have a wall full of shelves one day and have them displayed by the year their movies came out.

I don't think that a Disney collection is ever complete. I collect anything Disney that catches my eye but within Disney my focus are dolls, pins, snowglobes, mugs, plushes, figurines, and anything and everything I can get from my favorite characters or movies. The merchandise is endless and ongoing, if a person collects something Disney it will never end. What makes it stop is when we decide that the time has come to stop collecting period. For most of us that will probably not happen for many, many years. Specifically talking dolls, a lot of us have our dream dolls that we hope are released someday in the future, I think most will agree that until those dolls are released if they ever are, our doll collection is incomplete. Even if we have every single doll up to date, their is so much to look forward to. :):roll:

I collect all of the LE dolls, I even have China Doll, Calhoun, Jack, Sally, Jessie and Buzz and Woody.

So yeah I think I will keep on collecting them until Disney decides to venture off somewhere new and move away from these dolls.

I managed to keep my collection complete to date and I hope to continue to do so. In terms of dolls that I would be looking forward to it would be the upcoming Sleeping Beauty dolls, the possible Aladdin dolls next year and hopefully the remaining princesses and villains that have been omitted. So Mulan, Pocahontas and the Evil Queen. Maybe even the male villains omitted like Dr Facilier.

As of now my collection is complete in that I have all the LE dolls that I want of those that have been released. I only collect dolls of my favorite characters and only if I like how the dolls look. Belle is one of my favorite characters, but I have no desire to ever own the LE 17" Belle because I don't think it does the character justice. My LE 17" collection will not feel complete until I have Kida, Jasmine, Belle (a better new version), Aurora in her blue dress, Pocahontas, Vanessa, and non-porcelain Jack and Sally dolls. My LE Designer collection will not feel complete until I have an Elsa (SQ version, but would love to have Designer dolls of her in both of her outfits), Kida, Jack and Sally set, and Aurora (in her Briar Rose dress) and Phillip set.

Wonderful question!

I'd need to get some of the past dolls that I have missed which would be 17" Blonde Rapunzel, 17" Snow White, and 17" Alice. And then of course I'd need to get everything that comes out in the future - so in that respect technically I'll never be done? Haha, but if we're not counting future releases than those are the three I would need, and maybe I'd want to go back and get Ursula.

If I could get the other two Frozen 17" dolls from November, a Tonner Jessica and a Sideshow Collectibles Premium Format Jessica, I would be set on dolls! :anxious: :lol: :suspect:

Not going to hold my breath! ;)

This year, I can potentially get half way there. I really only "need" to have Maleficent and Evil Queen dolls and then my collection is complete. They are my holy grails. When I have them, my collection will be complete and any new doll is just a bonus. My collection has grown like a big, beautiful weed...but I loves it and can't wait until it is complete...with options of add on bonuses. ;)

Loved reading all your replies! And what different dolls people want! After Aurora and Maleficent this year I will pretty much have all the ones I want minus Snow White who is too pricey so unless they do a new version I won't be getting her.

Well, I am running out of space for my larger dolls (17" LE ones and my Animators), so I have to be picky about the 17" ones. I have Merida, Merida/Elinor, Ariel, and all four Frozen dolls. I determine whether or not I will buy after I see a pic. I also have the FTC sets. I am not a big fan of the original Designer series. Jasmine looks pretty, so I will try to add her to my collection one day. I also want Wedding Rapunzel from released dolls. Snow is a beautiful doll, but she is not really a grail because I just won't pay that much on secondary market.

Because I am a doll collector, not just exclusively a Disney doll collector, I do buy other dolls. I just don't see myself ever not buying some random doll I like. The $20 China Doll is just as cute, imo, as the almost $200 LE one. And takes up less space.

I think as long as my collection still makes me happy, I will try to collect what I like. I am not a completist. Not enough money or space for that. With Sleeping Beauty coming, I will admit that I like that movie best of the three original Princess movies. I like Briar Rose. I am not a fan of any doll I have ever seen that was made to look like her. I will wait and see on that one.

Last edited:
For dolls that are available now I would love to have Snow White (typical) and also the corronation Anna. Something about that one is so beautiful to me and I would prefer that one over Snow Queen Elsa. But for un-released I would love to see an Evil Queen and a Cruella. The amount of detail that could go into them would be incredible. I've always collected villains items so those two would probably hold me over for the next year or two! :p

I don't have a lot of room (or money coming out my ears!), so I only buy the ones that I truly like. I have November Anna and March Elsa, as I love the movie, the characters, and because the dolls are beautiful. I also have FDC Rapunzel/Flynn and Jasmine/Aladdin, for all the same reasons. The only other LE that I currently have on my wish list is 17" Ariel, but she's going to have to wait a while. :)

I would like all the princess ones, except snow white as shes the only princess I dont like (sorry snow white :p), I especially would Love Belle and Ariel :)! I also hope they make a Pocahontas one! I think I might save up and get the LE aurora as shes one of my favourite princesses too :)! I currently have all 4 frozen dolls (waiting for the new 2 to arrive) :)

I'll feel complete when I have the ones I want;
SQ Elsa
Purple Rapunzel
DFDC Rapunzel and Flynn
DFDC Beauty and the Beast
Alice
Queen of Hearts
Merida

I don't want to own all of them because I'm not the kind of collector that aspires to be a completist. I don't like all of them so it would be weird to spend money on them. Most of them are basically impossible for me to find so I will probably feel good if I find Merida and DFDC Tangled because those are my favourites from all the LE dolls.

And I guess if they keep releasing LE dolls I'll never feel complete. Depending on the design I will try to get Aurora and Maleficent if they get released. But it really does depend on how they look like.

I've been keeping up with all of the 17" LE dolls for the Princess films and Wonderland, and so if they round it out with the doll releases of the Diamond Editions for Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin, I could hang my hat and call it a day for those. However, if there were releases for a LE Cruella de Vil and LE Queen Grimhilde, those would be in my sights, as well as any more 18" LE Princes. It's a tough call, because I have already reached the point where not everything can be displayed. I hate the idea of culling my collection, but at a certain point, it might have to happen.

As for the Designer series, as long as they make concepts that I like, I'll probably buy them. The only reason I stuck by the DFDC dolls is because the Princes were included and we all know that there is really no other chance of a Designer Prince doll collection that would stand on its own. Honestly, after the second half of the DFDC< I am praying that any more Designer Collections will not be something I like, just for the sake of my money and available space. But again, if certain characters make it into Designer Collections (Megara, Elsa, Anna, Merida, Jane, etc.) I must have them!

So I guess as long as there is something that will appeal to me, I would probably buy it, meaning that I don't know if I would ever feel like my collection is complete...

This is a great question. I think I'd be done when I had an Alice, Aurora, Maleficent, Pocahontas, Esmeralda, Mother Gothel and Medusa from the Rescuers. I couldn't care less about Tangled or Frozen which is GREAT because I don't need to obsess about the latest trends.

Hmm... For me, my collection will be 'complete' when I have the Princess, Prince and Villain for all of the classics (I only collect LEs). For ME this includes:
Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and The Beauty and the Beast... plus The Princess and the Frog - which I know isn't a 'classic' but I think to me it fits the general theme. All the other dolls I have that aren't part of the included list are ones I love owning, but I don't think that if I didn't have them then my collection would not be considered 'complete' (eg: Anna, Merida). I'm big on nostalgia, so newer Disney movies (while I love them) just don't pull the same heart strings. However, I would still LOVE LE heros and heroines... which would be a whole new collection in my book - then for that collection to be complete I'd need all of them ;-)

Edit- gosh, how could I forget Mulan and Pocahontas. They'd have to be included for my Princesses collection to be complete, but I don't need the men or villains for those haha. As for Rapunzel - I loved the movie, again not one that pulls on the heart strings but I wish they'd fix her face. Merida/Anna/Elsa - all 3d animation and their dolls look so much like their character but I just don't get that from Rapunzel, which is sad coz her dress is amazing!

Last edited:
I collect the dolls for their beauty as dolls, not really the character.

For example, I love Cinderella and Tangled, but I didn't love their dolls, so I skipped them. On the other hand, I have no interest in fairies or pirates, but Zarina is my prized doll in my LE collection (and thanks to how beautiful her doll is, I'm now a fan of the fairies franchise). I actually love Zarina more than my Frozen LE dolls.

As far as completing my collection, I'll say never. I'm the kind of collector who can't stop collecting or I'll want to get rid of the entire collection. Part of the excitement is watching it continue to grow :)

Hmmm.... I typically only collect 17" dolls of characters I really enjoy or love. I've been lucky so far and have only had to pay retail price for dolls, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing what Disney comes out with next. (Personally missing Alice and Snow White, but can't justify the cost yet because I'm a college student w/ a part-time job.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back