• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where to buy pins at Tokyo Disney Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to buy pins at Tokyo Disney Resort?

bombardon3

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I'm visiting right now and would love some advice from those who have been before. So far I've only found a pin shop near the exit for Pirates of the Caribbean at Tokyo Disneyland. Some shops might have one or two related to whatever is in the area (the gift shop in Adventureland has Stitch pins since he's in the Tiki Room there, for example).

I have not found a single pin for sale at DisneySea except for the prizes at the Arabian Coast games. Would Bon Voyage (their version of World of Disney; located outside the parks) be worth checking out?

Hah I am visiting next week, would like to know the same! Bombardon3, would you mind posting a few pics of pins or nice Merch you found? :)

They're pretty strict about taking pictures in stores. I can post some of the pins I bought, but I think the selection will be different when you get here since the 30th anniversary promotion is ending this weekend. Some of the 30th stuff is being sold at a discount already.

I have heard from friends who go to Tokyo Disneyland, that they don't have a specific shop for pins (nothing like Little Green Men or Westward Ho in Disneyland). The only pins they have (if they have any) are on a few racks in the stores (or at the counters near the registers) and vary from season to season. If Bon Voyage is their version of WoD, that'd be your best bet!

Do they still do this:

pin85084th200
pinpics - 85084

It says they only bring out this pin when its raining? Its so hard to get ive never come across it

Ok thanks! :) Weird though about the Anniversary, as it officially runs till mid-March.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro2_214 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks! :) Weird though about the Anniversary, as it officially runs till mid-March.

Oh you are right. They must have extended it or maybe I read the date wrong (darn day before the month confusing us Americans). Still, they have begun discounting. Got a 30th Anniversary Vinylmation marked down to ¥800 from ¥1200.

I have heard from friends who go to Tokyo Disneyland, that they don't have a specific shop for pins (nothing like Little Green Men or Westward Ho in Disneyland). The only pins they have (if they have any) are on a few racks in the stores (or at the counters near the registers) and vary from season to season. If Bon Voyage is their version of WoD, that'd be your best bet!

The closest I've found is by the exit to Pirates. As you're leaving the ride it is the store on the left. I'll post the name when I get an English map. I forgot to pick one up yesterday but the cast member at the store by Minnie Oh Minnie pointed it out to me on the Japanese map. It has about as many pin racks as the NOS pin shop at DLR, but many just have the same pins. It also has Vinylmations. FYI, the store on the right as you exit Pirates doesn't sell pins but is the place to get stamps if you're mailing postcards.

When I was in Tokyo DisneySea I only saw a small collection of pins at the Tower of Terror! And they were seasonal pins (Hallowe'en). I don't remember pins in Bon Voyage, but I do know they have awesome general merchandise and accessories :)
I've heard that pin trading was becoming less popular in Tokyo Disney Resort.. But the Disney Store in Ikebukuro Sunshine City had some really cute pins when I was there, shame I wasn't so interested in pins then :) (I was last there 18 months ago :)) Hope you're having a fantastic time and sorry I couldnt be more helpful!:)

I will also check out the Disney Store in Shibuya and of course the one in Ikspiari, so I hope I will find some things there! Have you visited a Disney Store yet, bombardon?

I visit two Disney Stores: Fukuoka and Sapporo. Fukuoka was in Canal City and was one of their newer ones with the new Japan design (different from the new US stores) while Sapporo had the older design (which looks similar to older US Disney Stores). Neither had pins.

Didn't make it to Bon Voyage this trip. Pirate Treasures is the store in Disneyland with the most pins (it's actually listed as a pin and other collectibles store in the guide book). In DisneySea the store to go to is called Emporio and it is near the entrance. Also if you are going to do the games in Arabian coast, do that early in the day. The lines get very long later on and you are only allowed to play once and have to wait in line again to play again. Buy any pins you see that you want when you see them. At least 2 designs sold out between yesterday and today. Granted they're OE but it isn't like you can wait it out in Tokyo waiting for a new shipment (although that would be nice; I loved this city). Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, that helps a lot! I always hear about those pin games, but never what kinda games that actually are - what can I expect? :)

The games are usually like skee ball...roll a ball to get up a ramp and into a basket or hole. :) You actually have to tank the games to get the pins...they're consolation prizes. If you win, you get a big plush, usually a choice of Mickey or Stitch in Arabian gear.

My husband accidentally won one year...LOL! So we have a big Stitch plush as a souvenir.

And BombarDon and the others are right...there really aren't many pins in Tokyo anymore. We've been 4 times now (2003, 2007, 2010, and 2012), and each time we go, the selection is smaller and smaller. The Disney Store will sometimes have one, if you're lucky. And when in the Parks, sometimes there's a limited edition pin in the main stores (like, on Main Street) to go with whatever event is happening (like Spring Voyage or the 10th anniversary, etc.).

If you're looking for older pins, a good place to go is Nakano Broadway. It's a shopping plaza a little outside of Shinjuku (it's actually a stop on the way to the Ghibli museum), and the mall is full with collectible stores for things like anime and such, but also for Disneyana. I haven't found anything SUPER mindblowing, but I have found some great Jessica Rabbit figures and some pins, some older Duffy stuff. Definitely worth checking out, especially if you're heading to Ghibli anyway.

Thanks for the reminder of this Nakano Broadway shopping plaza, I too am going to Japan in April and remember last time I went in 2007 we did find this shopping mall very fun, and it's nice that it's on the way to Ghibli museum which we plan to see again.

Thanks for the description of the games, now I even wanna win once :D I had heard that pins are consolidation prices and was very excited, but this makes it even better :D We won't do Ghibli this time but thanks for the tip!

I accidentally won a giant Mickey that I have no idea how to fit in my luggage. Play the Cobra game. It's a lot harder so less chance of "accidentally" winning. I forgot to mention that usually the 3 Disney hotels also have pins that you receive for dining there. Much too expensive for me, but some of the rarer Duffy pins are only available that way.

It has been nearly 7 years since my visit to Disneyland Tokyo / Disney sea, but it sounds like they really haven't changed much.

First - there is no pin trading permitted within the park. You can wear some pins for show, but I would not worry about bringing items to trade, unless going to a specific event or meeting up with someone.

At the DisneySea, Emporio was the best bet for general pins. They had 5 -10 available when I was there mostly tied into their big shows. I had forgotten about the pins at the Arabian Sea games - a big d'oh moment, but they are worth the price of the game. Someone told me that they give the consolation prize to avoid being considered a gamboling game under Japanese rules. Don't know if true but makes a nice story. I also found pins in the Atlantica section, Ariel's gift shop - just a few items that were Little Mermaid themed.

Over in Tokyo Disneyland - the pirates show has already been mentioned. I also found pins at one of the check out counters in the main gift show when exiting. Otherwise - death valley of pins. Not a one in sight. Mind you we did have a hurricane while I was visiting that park and it was very easy to miss things.

As for stores - Bon Voyage / Hotels were hit/miss. I did find a few at Bon Voyage. But the hotel pins when I was there were strictly for guests only - part of room package or dining. The local Disney stores again were hit/miss. I found a few at the Yokohama Disney store, but not the one I stumbled into while exploring Tokyo. Someone listed a good tip about the small outlet/anime/otaku stores. If you're a fan of anime and Disney, you never know what you'll find there. Akihabara was a fantastic place to "get lost" and explore stores.

Good luck and have a fantastic time at the parks.

I accidentally won a giant Mickey that I have no idea how to fit in my luggage. Play the Cobra game. It's a lot harder so less chance of "accidentally" winning. I forgot to mention that usually the 3 Disney hotels also have pins that you receive for dining there. Much too expensive for me, but some of the rarer Duffy pins are only available that way.

Hah thank God I have a big suitcase :D

Yeah I heard about those sets, will probably also have to skip those.

Thanks for the reminder of this Nakano Broadway shopping plaza, I too am going to Japan in April and remember last time I went in 2007 we did find this shopping mall very fun, and it's nice that it's on the way to Ghibli museum which we plan to see again.

No problem!

It seems like a lot of folks going have already been, but for those who haven't (or those who might want some different ideas), we're happy to answer questions. We do a LOT of collectible shopping when we go, both for anime and Disney.

Don't know if we'll ever go back, but I have a feeling that we've got at least one more trip in us. It's just a shame that DisneySEA is so far away...it is, by far, my favorite Disney park ever. I hate the idea of only seeing it one more time...:(

One more Tip for the Travelers.

The Japanese Postal Service is your FRIEND and ALLY. Take full advantage of them. It is relatively inexpensive to ship some larger / fluffier items home and have them there waiting for you upon your return. One of my favorite discoveries is that they have a shipping "bag' that resembles the old time department store shopping bags with handles. It was the perfect size for returning a medium sized stuffed toy to the US as well as assorted small books/pamphlets. It also helped me avoid the outrageous US airline charges for extra or oversized / weight bags.

The bag is very strong - made out of tyvex (sp?) and firmly seals at the top when closed. It still ranks as one of the best investments I made while visiting Japan.

One more Tip for the Travelers.

The Japanese Postal Service is your FRIEND and ALLY. Take full advantage of them. It is relatively inexpensive to ship some larger / fluffier items home and have them there waiting for you upon your return. One of my favorite discoveries is that they have a shipping "bag' that resembles the old time department store shopping bags with handles. It was the perfect size for returning a medium sized stuffed toy to the US as well as assorted small books/pamphlets. It also helped me avoid the outrageous US airline charges for extra or oversized / weight bags.

The bag is very strong - made out of tyvex (sp?) and firmly seals at the top when closed. It still ranks as one of the best investments I made while visiting Japan.

This sounds like a great idea, thanks for the tip. Now are the Post Offices easy to fine in large cities?

Japan Post has offices all over. I mailed quite a few postcards and was always able to find one, even in remote areas. The ones in central Tokyo and Chiba (where TDR is located) all had staff that knew some English and it wasn't hard to communicate in the remote areas either; the Japanese word for stamp is stampu and America is America. If I ever had any special requests I would ask someone at the hotel to write it down for me. Also, many of the post offices in touristy areas had a selection of Disney items (cards, postcards, stamps, small souvenirs, etc.) along with Hello Kitty, Doraemon, and other anime characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back