• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where to buy pins at Tokyo Disney Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to buy pins at Tokyo Disney Resort?
Unlike the American Post office, the Japanese Postal Service is also an excellent bank source - my ATM card worked there just fine.

Your hotel concierge should be able to point you to the nearest postal station. But I never really had any difficulty finding one even with my limited (almost non-existent) command of the Japanese language. And Bombardon3 is correct, many people do speak English. But I would call this "book" English, American slang and non-standard meanings will confuse them.

If you do ship items home, take advantage of the 3rd class rates for books/magazines/publications. You'll save a bundle. The other thing to watch for is the "surface" air mail option. It is cheaper than the "priority" air mail or their version of "express" mail.

Good point about Japan Post ATMs. They are one of the two banks that will let you withdraw money using an American issued ATM card (the other is 7 Eleven which is also a bank in Japan). TDR does not have any ATMs that take American cards. They list foreign ATM on the park map, but the only foreign network it supported was UnionPay (Chinese). I ran out of yen, which was OK since you can pay with credit card in all the stores and restaurants (although they'll do a double take at our old fashioned magnetic strip cards), but not at food carts so I missed out on a few flavors of crazy Japanese popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back