• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to buy?

blondolphn

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I am slowly learning more about the Disney trades. I live in the midwest and have never been to Disney, but I have started getting the pins from the movie club. I hope to make it to Disney in the next few years. The question is where to buy pins from? I know Amazon and e-bay are almost guaranteed to be fake. I found some groups up on fb, but some of the prices seem pretty low for some of the pins compared to what the retail is. Or if people are picking up pins from Disney parks, the price they are charging compared to the pins is a little much for me to stomach right now.

I don't mind scrappers as I know my daughter will love playing with the pins and such, but I also don't want to over pay for a scrapper. If I am going to spend $ for a pin I really like, I would like to know it's a good source. Any tips? I know the Disney store on-line has a few pins, but the set I want is already sold out.

Hi!:wavey:
and welcome!

One great source for WDW, DLR, and Paris DLR pins are from some wonderful, generous members here on the boards. Speezard (DLR), Merlinemrys (WDW), Timerkat (DSF), and Taram (DLRP) all post on the sale boards and pick up pins from their respective parks. They usually charge cost, tax, and a small fee. They all have great feedback and this is a great way to insure that you get real pins, direct from the parks.
I also buy older or harder to find pins from other members here on the sale boards. Just check their feedback scores.

And I buy on Ebay all the time. I just try to educate myself about the pin before I buy (has it been scrapped? and if yes, how does the scrapper differ from the authorized pin?) Is the pin on the original card? Original packing if applicable? What is the sellers feedback? I also email some of the sellers and ask them where they got the pin. If they are legit, they should have no problem telling you about the where they got it. I do not buy pins on Ebay from sellers from China or Hong Kong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back