• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where to get the Soda Fountain pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to get the Soda Fountain pins?

jade88

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved the Soda Fountain exclusive pins, but i've never gotten them at retail.

I was at Disney World a few days ago and didn't see a Soda Fountain store anywhere, are they only at Disneyland?

Any help would be appreciated!

The soda fountain was in Hollywood Ca. it is now closed but they are still doing pin releases out of the el cap movie house...

Soda Fountain will reopen on November 15th, supposed to be called Ghiradelli's Soda Fountain and Disney's Studio Store. Some have started calling it GSF but I think sticking with DSF is just fine. DSF is one of a kind and it is in Hollywood.

Soda Fountain will reopen on November 15th, supposed to be called Ghiradelli's Soda Fountain and Disney's Studio Store. Some have started calling it GSF but I think sticking with DSF is just fine. DSF is one of a kind and it is in Hollywood.

Doesn't WDW have a GSF now? I believe it's in Downtown Disney. But i'm assuming there won't be a shop included within it?

Ghiridelli Soda fountain and chocolate shops are located in DTD of WDW, and IN DCA. They do not have a disney store/shop attached and thus will likely not be carrying the LE exclusive pins, such as we see monthly in hollywood.... And certainly not the Marquees or movie releases that are in relation to the Movies playing at el Capitan in hollywood.

However i would NOT put it past them to switch those Pins with sundae to be available at all the locations.... Could you imaging? Pin Trader Delight available as an LE 1000 at WDW DTD ghiridelli, DCA ghiridelli and Hollywood?????

Moooowaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
*thats an evil laugh BTW*

Ghiridelli Soda fountain and chocolate shops are located in DTD of WDW, and IN DCA. They do not have a disney store/shop attached and thus will likely not be carrying the LE exclusive pins, such as we see monthly in hollywood.... And certainly not the Marquees or movie releases that are in relation to the Movies playing at el Capitan in hollywood.

However i would NOT put it past them to switch those Pins with sundae to be available at all the locations.... Could you imaging? Pin Trader Delight available as an LE 1000 at WDW DTD ghiridelli, DCA ghiridelli and Hollywood?????

Moooowaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
*thats an evil laugh BTW*

Do the shops at the other locations sell Disney merchandise? If no, then I wouldn't expect to see Disney Pin Trader Delight pins...

@Pixie, how would you know when to go to the next one? Would they have to coordinate when each shop switches? Would some switch sooner than others? That would be a problem. Would they each have different designs exclusive to that location? I all for more PTD's but I don't know how that's gonna work.

My personal thought Mark, is that they would not be releasing them they way the used to. I imagine an LE1000, spread between the three locations. And it would be something like, a feature film release. Take the upcoming release of Thor for example... They would do an le1000 Thor character eating a ghiridelli chocolate or ice cream sundae. (Not possible due to timing of THAT specific movie release, but as an example)

i already do not think they will be doing the PTD's the same exact way as previously. Once the ones they have in storage sell out, they will switch to some sort of new release program where they have one design featured for specific reasons. Maybe because it is playing at the theatre, or because it is that movie's anniversary? IDK, It is only a guess, but I know they have been trying to figure a way to sell them out a bit slower. Not because they dont want the money, but because of the pinsanity that occurs each time a decent character releases. The timing is right with the changes in company contracts, its a perfect time to change PTD policy and tactics.

How about return to original PTD policy and return to 2 per person but up edition size. Increase sundae price and decrease resale value. But DSF is screwed unless they figure something else out. They just keep inviting massive crowds to their store with no promise of merchandise (pins) for them. So PTD's became the fallback reason for making the trip. Up edition sizes all together. Ghiradelli sundae's take WAY longer to make than Pin Trader Delight's did so I think the lines will be backed up and wrapped around Hollywood Blvd for hours if they don't figure something else out. You now have hundreds more people collecting PTD's than just a few months ago. If that isn't reason enough to double edition sizes I don't know what is. Jump to 750 on 11/15/13. Then if you have a few Le300's left, release them at random when releases are less popular or you have weeks in between releases.

I think the LE sizes have got to go BIG. I'm not talking mere hundreds. It's gotta go to thousands, if they want to avoid mad rushes and long lines. They could easily go 3000, in an effort to get the things to last for the entire month. Staying with the same ol' same ol' will lead to failure of customer satisfaction.

Hopefully, Ghiraradelli thinks beyond the pin trader sales and targets both pin traders and the general tourist.

I think from now on you're always going to have a line for PTD's at releases. They really only get mad rushes during 2 times. Releases and when a new PTD is emminent. So maybe you somehow find a way to show people it's not worth waiting 4 hours for a PTD. I still kind of like the idea of a big box with like 4 designs. All LE750. So 3,000 pins in the box. Or 5 designs @ LE500 so 2,500 pins. They are in black bags with cardboard like mystery packs at DLR (So you can't feel or stretch the plastic to see what pin it is.) You can buy 2 sundaes and get two RANDOM PTD's from the pile selected for you by the CM. That way it's not a mad rush for 1 character pin and those 3,000 pins will last for DAYS so it's not a huge rush for 1 character who could sell out in an hour, it's a slow role and emphasizes trading to get the 5 in this group. Then, when the box of 3,000 runs out. You get 4 new designs and it isn't a mad rush again, because there are so many that it will take days, not hours to sell out. No need for a mad rush, but it entices people to come on off days or at a leisurely pace. PLEASE DSF DO THIS!!!

Also offer the option to buy them at the register at time of pin release purchase so there isn't 2 lines (Like we used to do!)

I'd like a little mystery with my sundae. Which PTD will I get? Will I have to trade for the others? Maybe do like 5 pins and do 4 LE500's and 1 LE300 "chaser." Or 4 LE750's and 1 LE500. Whatever. So there are x,xxx # of pins in the pot and a special one that maybe can equal an older PTD for newer folks. There are so many options to diffuse the situation but still keep the revenue stream. I just hope they listen. Maybe just try it once to see?

I like the blind bag idea, as well as the multiple possibilities for what pin is inside. It would promote pin trading and would still be a nice gimmick, to generate return sales.

I already liked that the GWP idea was going to expand to more than one product line. This would lend itself to the possibility of matching lower LE blind bags to higher priced chocolate items and higher LE blind bags to lower priced items. It would certainly be a nice add on for all the various price tiers in the store and add a bit of fun for everyone.

I really hope that the same people do not remain in charge. If they do, we will just get more of the same chaos and continued bitterness towards the PTD product line. Worst case scenario is that Ghirardelli stops the PTD program altogether, to save damaging their high quality standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back