• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where to order pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to order pins?

Blingy4343

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this might seem like a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway....

I live in Texas so I obviously can't go to any releases. Is my only option buying from eBay, other members etc and paying way more then if I was actually there? I understand a person takes time out of their schedule to get the pins but sometimes I see people asking for 4X the price of what they are released for. I know if I don't like it I don't have to buy it and everyone is free to sell at any price they desire. I just wish I was able to have another avenue to pursue to get my pins. Can you call Disney direct to get the pins? I don't see how that's be possible as a LE pin would surely have more people at the release and doubtful there would be any left to sell after the release?? Am I making any sense here? LOL I sure would appreciate any suggestions you have to offer. This newbie to the pin world needs help!! :sigh:

I'm in North Carolina and have the same issues. This is why I am so frustrated with the US online Disney Store. With them limiting good single pin releases, it takes away our ability to find good trading pins to trade for good park and DSF pins. Some of their sets recently have been nice, but I usually can't drop $100 at a time for pins.

Unfortunately, for LE pins our hands are tied. There are some very generous DPF members who will pick up pins at the park for you at just slightly above cost. You just have to search a little bit.

As long as it releases at DLR and I am there the Saturday after the release, I pick up for retail + tax + shipping (usually no fee on top of it). Only time I charge a slight fee is if I have to go the day of the release and take a day off work (but that's few & far between). Can do this til mid-June 2013.

As long as it releases at DLR and I am there the Saturday after the release, I pick up for retail + tax + shipping (usually no fee on top of it). Only time I charge a slight fee is if I have to go the day of the release and take a day off work (but that's few & far between). Can do this til mid-June 2013.

Starry_solo is great! If you need pins from DLR, she's your gal!

Aww, thanks cristy! I do have a friend that has an AP that doesn't expire til next March so I might still be able to help with park only pins.

Sorry I can't help with DSF but there's no way I'm doing that madhouse. LOL.

I definitely agree! starry_solo is awesome! She just recently picked up a couple pins for me at cost. It also wouldn't hurt to "tip" these awesome picker uppers for what they're doing, especially since they don't ask for anything! :D

Depending on the popularity of the pin, you can sometimes get them for cost on ebay after the release. I know the DSF Queen pin isn't selling for more than $5 over its original price. I was able to get the WDW Good Luck, Bad Luck Dopey pin for cost on ebay. If there is expected to be a camp out for DSF pins, you are going to have a hard time finding them at cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back