• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why aren't there more Jane pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't there more Jane pins?

cristywill

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
I just watched Tarzan for the first time. (Yes I know I'm 15 years late to the party). It is a great movie! Jane is a great character! I thought I might collect Jane pins. Well there aren't that many, and many of them are not very pretty. Is this movie just not popular? Or is it because her dress is the same color as Belle's dress? There a lot more obscure pins out there. I'm a little perplexed. What do you guys think?

It probably has something to do with the fact that Disney licensed the characters from the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate. Likely they get a cut of all merchandising, so it's probably not worth it for Disney to share profits from Tarzan pins.

It probably has something to do with the fact that Disney licensed the characters from the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate. Likely they get a cut of all merchandising, so it's probably not worth it for Disney to share profits from Tarzan pins.

It probably has more to do with the fact Disney doesn't promote Tarzan anymore. I haven't seen Disney really do anything with the movie in years. Even the show in Animal Kingdom was replaced.

I don't think the licensing is an issue; Disney doesn't own the rights to Peter Pan but they make a mint off of him and related characters. Unfortunately, I think it's just a popularity issue. Tarzan isn't a hugely popular Disney film. Toy Story 2 and Fantasia 2000 came out the same year and more than likely overshadowed it.

< collector of Tarzan (and 99% completest) It just never was a 'loved' movie.. There are a few great pins several that are fairly hard to track down..

I asked the pin people why there wasnt more several years ago and it was 'uh they dont sell' and when I countered back with how fast the last several (at that time it was the white glove, 5th anniv and the PTN paris) it was like ohh...

-em

Last edited:
I guess because the movie was never really popular and she does have the same hair/dress colour as Belle so maybe it's that too. There's not enough pins of Meg either!

I'd LOVE more Jane pins, but like everyone has said, unfortunately Tarzan just isn't that popular in general. Personally it is one of my favourite Disney films and Jane is my favourite character, she's a really strong female lead!

It has to do with branding. Disney is all about brands right now and Jane does not fit into their current brand model. Their current brands are Disney Princesses, Frozen, Fab 6 (Mickey Mouse characters), Disney Junior, Marvel, Star Wars, Phineas and Ferb, Nightmare Before Christmas, Disney Fairies among a few others. It's rare when an older movie can sustain itself as a brand without being a monster hit or have a cult following. It's why we see a lot of Jasmine but little of Aladdin and Genie as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back