• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why do Pins of the Same Series on Disney Store.com.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do Pins of the Same Series on Disney Store.com.....

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
I was wondering, when DisneyStore.com has a clearance sale, why do they clearance out the pins of the same sub series at different prices. I will use this series as an example, the "Time for Toys" set

With this morning's re-listing of some of these older pins, I noticed something a little, well odd?

When a store does a clearance of say action figures, dolls, etc, they clearance out the entire assortment, they do not mark some characters lower than others or higher than others, it is a flat change across the board

Here, there were 4 pins put back up of this subset. All had a base price of $14.95 and according to PinPics, they were all listed originally on 1/11/10. The ones in red went from $14.95 to $9.99 and the ones in blue when from $14.95 to $6.99. It is not the first time I have seen this either. Why is this done?

Pin 75360: DisneyShopping.com Time for Toys Figaro and Jiminy Cricket Pin
Pin 75362: DisneyShopping.com Time for Toys Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tinker Bell Pin

Pin 75361: DisneyShopping.com Time for Toys Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse Pin
Pin 75366: DisneyShopping.com - Time for Toys - Patch and Cruella De Vil

Perhaps it has to do with the number of pins they have left in their inventory. Lower demand (e.g. higher # of remaining pins) dictates a lower sale price? Just a thought.

Perhaps it has to do with the number of pins they have left in their inventory. Lower demand (e.g. higher # of remaining pins) dictates a lower sale price? Just a thought.

I think that definitely has something to do with it. You'll notice it when sets go on sale too. Sets that they don't have very many left of will only get discounted a little bit but sets they have a ton of will get deep discounts. This should also correlate to their popularity. Tink and Figaro are more popular than the Mickey and Dalmatians so more probably sold early on at full price.

Exactly what I think. I had the same question earlier this morning after purchasing the Midsummer's Nap Stitch pin. The tink and the Dopey pins were discounted to $5.99. The Stitch showed up this morning at $14.95. I snatched it up right away, knowing I had missed it on its first run and that they prob only had a few. Sure enough it sold out and that question popped into my head. Your explanation is the only way I can explain it. Take a look at the film strip series, they are all different prices lol

disney store uk do it with all of their things, like girls version of something wont go down as much as boys, or a certain character of toy will go down more then others, its do with it being more popular, more popular characters dont need to be go down as much to have the appeal :)

I got to thinking about it again, so I actually called them today, while I was checking on something else, and asked why. The CM I spoke with understood my question and said she would fire an e-mail up to ask why the same sub series of pins get clearanced at different prices, as she said it would not be based on remaining amounts or character themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back