• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why Do You Pin Trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Do You Pin Trade.

iamdisneydan

The Bald Guy In The Back
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
So there have been many threads about how we got started pin trading, but now that you are into it, why do you continue. Seriously.

Personally, I pin trade because is is very relaxing and fun and I do it more for the social values. I love to meet people and have personal interactions with them. I also like making friends and seeing them at various events and also trading with them in the park.

It is really cool when you have had conversations with people for months and then get to actually meet them. I think most pin traders are good people and I like to have them as firends.

Whe I go to PTN's, sure I want to come away with a few pins but like I said, its a social event for me seeing and meeting new people and its like a LIVE FORUM because you get great info, gossip and stories.

I also like pin trading because we do it as a family and it helps us bnond and have fun together. Its like a big scavenger hunt and you are trying to find that one thing (pin) you really want and when you do, its a really happy feeling.

I personally like it also when I can get cool pins for my kids because it makes them happy and when they are happy, I am happy.

Why do you pin trade?

I have only just started pin trading but I have found that I pin trade for the social aspect too, that and the thrill of getting a pin I want!

Recently I was at Mouse Meets with a few of the guys that are on this board too and I had such a fantastic weekend mingling and chatting with lots of different pin traders! It was so much fun and I can't wait for the next time I can get together with the guys an pin trading some more!

I also find it exciting pin trading with the staff lanyards! They have had some great pins on them and it's always a bit exciting when I go in and find a hidden gem!

So far pin trading is nothing but fun, giggles and a fine time with Pin Nuts! I love it!

Hi Dan,

Like you, I also find it relaxing to put my OCD tendencies to work in the name of researching, collecting, trading and organizing these wonderful little pieces of art. There is something almost therapeutic about perusing through a fellow pin-traders bag and coming up with a trade that makes both sides grin ear-to-ear.

And, like you, we do this with our kids, taking them to pin trading meets (CJDPT!) and to the parks - it is a great big scavenger hunt that brings us together while having many laughs and, sometimes, one of us finds a very beautiful pin. Very important to have happy times together when parenting 'tweens' :lol:

Finally, deciding how to display our treasures is also a creative way to work together, share our ideas and end up with a beautiful display that has tons of hidden meanings and experiences woven within...

Happy Trading!

While I am at the parks, I trade for the purpose of meeting new people

While I am at home and trading via here or PinPics, I do it for the challenge of trying to complete sets, or my collection, etc.

I pin trade as my partner lived in Ireland and I was getting more bored and annoyed I wasnt living there (I am now though) and he told me to get a hobby and when he came to visit he bought me a Grumpy keyring and then I saw the Grumpy UK pin which my friend bought me and I saw there was pin trading and I looked into it and I have not looked back since.

For the pins, simple as that. The social aspect is a perk but at the root, it is just for the pins. Finding the pins I want has been getting really difficult so I don't trade nearly as much as I used to. I still go to our area meets, but more to socialize really rather than trade anymore since very few people have what I am looking for. As long as I can occasionally find something I want through trading then I'll keep doing it. If that stops, I'd stop because there are a lot cheaper things I can do to fill the social gap.

Last edited:
People have pins I want.

LOL!

I mean, sure, I can enjoy the social aspect, and I've gotten some great friends out of it, but I'm in a lot of other fandoms/hobbies, as well. For pin trading, I just like completing collections. Harkens back to my comic card collections, and my CCG tendencies.

For the pins, simple as that. The social aspect is a perk but at the root, it is just for the pins. Finding the pins I want has been getting really difficult so I don't trade nearly as much as I used to. I still go to our area meets, but more to socialize really rather than trade anymore since very few people have what I am looking for. As long as I can occasionally find something I want through trading then I'll keep doing it. If that stops, I'd stop because there are a lot cheaper things I can do to fill the social gap.

+1

And not for the first time do I wish that our Wants/Trades meshed up, because I love fellow traders who seem to think like me...much easier to trade with someone when you're all on the same wavelength.

I trade just for fun. Its sumthing for the fam to do together. If you work hard than you must relax also. We like to go to DLR a few times a month and so far we just trade there. Now we want to meet more ppl and learn about the hobby. Seems the social part is the underlined best part of any trading hobby. I used to be big into baseball cards. Lol Still got a shop if any1 needs sum.

+1

And not for the first time do I wish that our Wants/Trades meshed up, because I love fellow traders who seem to think like me...much easier to trade with someone when you're all on the same wavelength.

Ain't that the truth!!! My wants match up to virtually nobody. :dunno:

It is an addiction, scary but true.

We tried to quit few times but even the thought of selling a single pin brings tears to my daughter's eyes. Every day after school, she asks me what we got in the mail. I created a monster!

And, I really like this board. It helps me to see that I am not the only "pin-head".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back